Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlie Methven and Gavin Carter at Bromley Addicks

Comments

• Chelsea fan
  • And about to become head of IOC
  • So, we're looking for a famous name, to become the club Chair, who is also a Charlton fan...

Kelvin MacKenzie?

(A joke! Before anybody jumps down my throat! Even Jim Davidson has more credibility than MacKenzie!)
  • SteveACS said:
    So, we're looking for a famous name, to become the club Chair, who is also a Charlton fan...

Kelvin MacKenzie?

(A joke! Before anybody jumps down my throat! Even Jim Davidson has more credibility than MacKenzie!)
    And he's a Millwall fan
  • edited October 6
  • seth plum said:
    Seb Coe can eff off.
    Let him contaminate one of his home town (Sheffield) clubs, or Chelsea.
    Detestable man in my opinion.
    Care to explain Seth?
  • Sponsored links:

• Wasn’t Seb Coe mentioned before? Dont think he has the glamour of Reynolds and Brady?
    God I hope not 
  • seth plum said:
    Seb Coe can eff off.
    Care to explain Seth?
    Well I offer up the free stadium to West Ham United and his part in that for one thing.
  • seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Seb Coe can eff off.
    Care to explain Seth?
    Well I offer up the free stadium to West Ham United and his part in that for one thing.
    Yes…..I’ll give you that.
  • edited October 6
    SteveACS said:

So, we're looking for a famous name, to become the club Chair, who is also a Charlton fan. 
    Only one man for the job……
  • Surely it has to be Bjorn Borg?
  • Joan Collins - relevant and glamorous. 
  • Perhaps that Soccerette fancies giving it a crack!
  • Sponsored links:

• Part 5.

Q:  Was watching Wrexham v Birmingham and Wrexham have Delta Airlines as a sponsor.  Do we need that sort of sponsor.

CM Ryan Reynolds and Tom Brady have given their "brand" a resonance beyond the fan base, they have made them "interesting" to a wider audience in the North America.  They have done league 1 a favour as it has given us a profile.  Ryan Reynolds has said they bought Wrexham after watching Sunderland till I die" so they should thank me!. "Brand" isn't something to fear"

We're looking at something to make us more "interesting" 

The cost controls coming in will be harsh; the two big factors in overcoming them will be income and your academy.

Birmingham's revenue is £28m, the crowd but also big commercial deals

Us, we hope to get to £13m

Q:  Selling May, CBT and Dobbo

CBT:  Agent said he's going now (January) or in the summer so they sold him.

May:  Three things - Family wanted to move, clubs were offering him a lot more money, it was a football decision by Jones not by central management.  Rather spend the £750k on others than pay more to May.  Board do ask questions as to why on all transfer, what are the reasons, why do you need another centre half (example given was A Mitchel would cost us £250k a year so £3/4m over three years so they ask questions but don't make decision on which player other than is it in budget.

Jones asked if the £750k fee would go into his transfer budget and was told it was.   We spent £1.3m in the summer.  Ramsey cost £150k, Dixon £100k.  (CM slipped these number in over the evening, I first I though maybe it as a mistake but by the third time I figured out it was deliberate).

Dobbo. Was big mates with him from Sunderland as two southerners up north, great guy, loves hom.  Story is already out there, we offered him an improved deal but he wanted more so he signed in Hungary but that fell through and he went to Wrexham 

Football side (Scott and Jones) make football decisions but no transfer in or out happens without agreement from Jones.  He has "absolute final say".  Charlton fans saying that we want football people making football decisions, unlike previous regimes, and CM agrees and that is what is happening.

We currently have 27 first teamer which is too many, too many to actually get them all on the training pitch at the same time.

Partly this is because they are all fit for a change with no soft tissue/hamstring injuries - GC "Don't jinx it"

This is due to £400k spent on new training pitches and better medical care lead by Will Abbott.  A doctor may not seem like an exciting signing but it might be one of the best.

Will look for some to go out in January to free up space for "targeted additions"
    (Potts and Hylton weren't mentioned but aren't both on short deals?)

We have invested in data science (sorry, he didn't say what package and recruitment generally.

Some debate with a lifer about was a "fact" that T Campbell, Anderson and Kanu aren't good enough which CM said was an opinion, not fact.   Jones is the manager and a football person and if he thinks they are good enough that's good enough for him.

CM said young players have to play otherwise they will never develop and repeated that it is football people making football decisions as fans wanted (not Martin Sandgaard or Thomas Driesen) 

CM said he'd been told similar about three young players (he named them but I've never heard of them)  at Sunderland who fans said shouldn't be picked but all three are now playing at the top of the Championship.  (slightly a moot point after the Birmingham game IMHO) 

Which to my point on another thread why the nonsense of ‘undisclosed ’ fees when all  transfers seem to be a relatively open secret ?
  • CAFCBill said:
    Thanks for taking the time to post your notes, all very interesting.
    Thanks for the write up @Henry Irving.
    Thanks, much appreciated
  • I would like to say thank you as well Henry, that’s a lot of typing to get through 👍🏻
  • Part 5.

We spent £1.3m in the summer.  Ramsey cost £150k, Dixon £100k.  (CM slipped these number in over the evening, I first I though maybe it as a mistake but by the third time I figured out it was deliberate).

Which to my point on another thread why the nonsense of ‘undisclosed ’ fees when all  transfers seem to be a relatively open secret ?
    One thing having it on the official site, another thing saying it to an "eccentric" fan group where it can be later denied