Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Has the Jokes thread disappeared?

1…3738394042

Comments

  • gringo
    gringo Posts: 1,638
    Whinger said:
    I thought this was a CAPTCHA, identify the total c**ts. I'm stuck on eight.

    But clever once I thought about it.
    crook
    peanut farmer
    failed actor
    beat up Homer!
    Dry Cleaners best customer
    simpleton
    ok
    total c##t
    probably still thinks hes pres!

    10
    even bigger c##t than before

  • AddicksAddict
    AddicksAddict Posts: 16,878
    Whinger said:
    I thought this was a CAPTCHA, identify the total c**ts. I'm stuck on eight.

    But clever once I thought about it.
    I'm wondering which one you can't get, seeing as they're the elected presidents in order from 1968.
  • Whinger
    Whinger Posts: 40
    I don't think Obama counted.
  • An elderly woman was being interviewed on local radio. 

    She had recently married a funeral director and at the ripe old age of 80 it was of some interest.  The interviewer asked her about her earlier life and it transpired  that this was her fourth marriage, she had previously been married to a banker, a circus ringmaster and a vicar.  After listening to her story the interviewer noted her rich life - shared with four such diverse men.  The old lady looked wistfully at him and said.

    "I married one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready and four to go"
  • jose
    jose Posts: 1,989
    My wife told me she’s going to a fancy dress party as a Rastafarian and wants me to do her hair.
    I’m dreading it.
  • R0TW
    R0TW Posts: 2,068
    edited September 13
    I called the RSPCA today and said, "I've just found a suitcase in the woods containing a fox and four cubs." 
    "That's terrible," she replied. "Are they moving?" 
    "I'm not sure, to be honest, But that would explain the suitcase."
  • AddicksAddict
    AddicksAddict Posts: 16,878

  • R0TW said:
    I called the RSPCA today and said, "I've just found a suitcase in the woods containing a fox and four cubs." 
    "That's terrible," she replied. "Are they moving?" 
    "I'm not sure, to be honest, But that would explain the suitcase."
     :D That's Gold. 
  • R0TW
    R0TW Posts: 2,068
    A mummy covered in chocolate and nuts has been discovered in Egypt ...
    Archaeologists believe it may be Pharaoh Roche.
  • R0TW
    R0TW Posts: 2,068
    mrs just caught me looking at porn.
    i switched to a fishing program as she came in the room, but she clocked it and pipes up with;
    "you might as well watch the porn, you know how to fish"

  • Sponsored links:



  • My mate joined a Ukrainian dating site ... now he's got a chick in Kiev.
  • Southbank
    Southbank Posts: 6,007
    Told my Spurs mate I was sorry to be late. There was a points failure at Tottenham.
  • _MrDick
    _MrDick Posts: 13,386
    What do you call a half Iranian and half Russian Fireman?

    I’m here panic over 






    I’ll get me coat 
  • AddicksAddict
    AddicksAddict Posts: 16,878


    From today’s Guardian.

    So, don’t make any plans for 2031.
  • gringo
    gringo Posts: 1,638
    edited September 21
    _MrDick said:
    What do you call a half Iranian and half Russian Fireman?

    I’m here panic over 






    I’ll get me coat 
    No, just leave now, we will post your coat on.
  • soapboxsam
    soapboxsam Posts: 24,554


    From today’s Guardian.

    So, don’t make any plans for 2031.



    This must be why Nathan Jones and TC have contracts that run out in 2030.
  • AddicksAddict
    AddicksAddict Posts: 16,878
    Not a joke but I think it's funny.
  • MrWalker
    MrWalker Posts: 4,389
    My local WH Smith closed and it now sells stationery and is a chemists.
    I went in and asked for a ring binder and they gave me immodium 
  • MrWalker
    MrWalker Posts: 4,389
    Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at Downing Street. 

    One is from London, another is from Birmingham and the third is from Manchester. 

    All three go with a Downing Street official to examine the fence.

    The London contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil.

    "Well," he says, "I figure the job will run about £900. £400 for materials, £400 for my crew, and £100 profit for me."

    The Birmingham contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says,

    "I can do this job for £700. £300 for materials, £300 for my crew, and £100 profit for me." 

    The Manchester contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the Downing Street official and whispers, "£2,700." 

    The official, incredulous, says, "You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?"

    The Manchester contractor whispers back, "£1000 for me, £1000 for you, and we hire the guy from Birmingham to fix the fence."

    "Done!" replies the government official. And that, is how government works. 
  • LargeAddick
    LargeAddick Posts: 34,653
    I gave that a lol but it probably isn't far from the truth.

  • Sponsored links:



  • Redrobo
    Redrobo Posts: 11,546
    MrWalker said:
    Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at Downing Street. 

    One is from London, another is from Birmingham and the third is from Manchester. 

    All three go with a Downing Street official to examine the fence.

    The London contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil.

    "Well," he says, "I figure the job will run about £900. £400 for materials, £400 for my crew, and £100 profit for me."

    The Birmingham contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says,

    "I can do this job for £700. £300 for materials, £300 for my crew, and £100 profit for me." 

    The Manchester contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the Downing Street official and whispers, "£2,700." 

    The official, incredulous, says, "You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?"

    The Manchester contractor whispers back, "£1000 for me, £1000 for you, and we hire the guy from Birmingham to fix the fence."

    "Done!" replies the government official. And that, is how government works. 
    Straight from fools and horses and painting the pub.

  • My dog ate a load of scrabble tiles.  The vet said it would spell disaster.
  • R0TW
    R0TW Posts: 2,068
    Surprised that yet again, a joke that involved a Jewish trait gets removed.
    Hows this for you cardigan wearing personnel?

    Gloria Gaynor invited six people for dinner, but one cancelled. "Never mind," she said, "I will serve five."
  • Stig
    Stig Posts: 30,151
    R0TW said:
    Surprised that yet again, a joke that involved a Jewish trait gets removed.
    Hows this for you cardigan wearing personnel?

    Gloria Gaynor invited six people for dinner, but one cancelled. "Never mind," she said, "I will serve five."
    The reason you are surprised is because you actually believe they are traits. They aren't, they are anti-jewish tropes and as such they will continue to be removed, so please don't post any more of them because you'll be wasting both our time. 

    Thank you for the Gloria Gaynor joke. That's far more like it.
  • R0TW
    R0TW Posts: 2,068
    English, Scottish, Irish ones ok?

  • AddicksAddict
    AddicksAddict Posts: 16,878
    R0TW said:
    English, Scottish, Irish ones ok?

    I’d have thought as long as they aren’t racist, i.e. assume the Irish are thick, the Scots mean, or the English fantastic, then yes.
  • AddicksAddict
    AddicksAddict Posts: 16,878

  • Swindon_Addick
    Swindon_Addick Posts: 2,126
    R0TW said:
    English, Scottish, Irish ones ok?

    I’d have thought as long as they aren’t racist, i.e. assume the Irish are thick, the Scots mean, or the English fantastic, then yes.
    Most jokes traditionally told by English people about Irish people work just as well when told as jokes about "this bloke down the pub", or "my Palace-supporting mate" or whoever, with the added advantage of not needlessly offending Addicks with Irish ancestry.
  • R0TW
    R0TW Posts: 2,068
    Yeah, of course they do.
  • R0TW
    R0TW Posts: 2,068
    This bloke down the road, my palace supporting mate and whoever, walked into the pub.
    Do continue.