Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shelvey

Has just scored for Swansea against Liverpool after 2 minutes

Comments

• And now just gave a goal away.
  • Lovely finish for someone who hasnt scored that often in the Premier League... Great determination after the air-shot

But erm... Not good there
  • headless chicken moment
  • What a minute for Shelvey.

Great goal though.
  • A goal and assist for shelvey after 3 minutes!
  • He's getting pelters on twitter. Come on Jonjo lad, get a hat-trick please!
  • Report in the Mail suggesting that Shelvey might be signing for Palace ... BOO
  • That would a stupid move. Why leave Swansea? Is there an academy player that won't betray us this summer?
  • Won't happen. Uncle has been given strict instructions from the CL clique to "av a quiet word".........................
  • _MrDick said:

Report in the Mail suggesting that Shelvey might be signing for Palace ... BOO

I'd be incredibly surprised if that happened for a number of reasons. Wasn't Stevie brown linked to palace a couple of times? But always said he'd never join "that lot".
  • Sponsored links:

• If the wages are good enough then he will go there.
  • _MrDick said:

Report in the Mail suggesting that Shelvey might be signing for Palace ... BOO

Would be very surprised, he is not exactly a Tony Pulis style player - unless he has a 50-metre long-throw that he has not unleashed yet.
  • iaitch said:

If the wages are good enough then he will go there.

if jonjo was about money he'd still be at liverpool and would've moved there at 16. He's a regular at swansea and a big part of how they play. Just need @uncle to have a word
  • I would imagine Palace would love to be linked with him. Lots of teams would also.
  • No chance.
  • I wonder if we got promoted if he'd ever come back?
  • Hope not
  • Hope not

Why? Would love to see him playing for us again.
  • think someone either at Palace or in their PR company is having a laugh.

They've been 'linked with' lots of half decent players but not signed any of them.

If they talk enough sh*t some of their fans will actually believe it.
  • Just don't see old players coming back works out to be honest and this is where I get completely shot down now!!! I haven't seen him play too much since leaving Charlton but I thought he was overrated when here as surprised we got such a good price for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just don't see old players coming back works out to be honest and this is where I get completely shot down now!!! I haven't seen him play too much since leaving Charlton but I thought he was overrated when here as surprised we got such a good price for him.

Chris Powell, Killer, Firmani... yeah it never works out.
  • Shelvey is a Londoner (or as near as makes no difference to the average journo) so a story can be generated by linking him with a London club.

They'd probably have chosen West Ham, ironically given the family support of the team, had another ex Charlton midfielder not joined them recently.
  • Is that the only 3 kentaddick and out of how many?Im sure if you trail through the record books more dont work out than do?
  • Flanagan was a good one who returned
  • Jason Euell
  • Danny Mills wasnt
  • Chris Powell was
  • Kermorgant was....

Oops forgot my time machine. You read nothing.
  • Kermorgant was....

Oops forgot my time machine. You read nothing.

Did Poyet do well when he came back