Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luis Suarez - 'Chomping at the bit'

Widely rumoured to be back in action tonight for Liverpool against Man United in the Capital One Cup having served out his 'biting ban' , does this fella deserve to be wearing the shirt at one of England's greatest footballing institutions?

Comments

• , does this fella deserve to be wearing the shirt at one of England's greatest footballing institutions?

No. but but when you have his scoring record that trumps any moral considerations.

• Hope he scores at OT tonight.
  • does this fella deserve to be wearing the shirt at one of England's greatest footballing institutions?

No. Luckily he's wearing a Liverpool shirt.
  • What's the big fuss about? He's been playing in this country for over 2 years and we know what he is capable of, even if Liverpool have been doing well without him.

The idea of watching two completely disinterested clubs playing in an early round of the Capital One Cup just fills me with boredom.
  • edited September 2013
    Dunno if Man U vs Liverpool needs a thread of it's own but Suarez is playing of course. Also interesting is Liverpool are playing 3-4-2-1 like Watford did against us the other week.

0-0 HT
  • 1-0 to United, Hernandez
  • Whilst biting an opponent is unacceptable, what is worse is other forms of deliberately hurting an opponent I.e. elbows to head, reckless / dangerous tackles. Rather be bitten than have my leg broken
  • Kap10 said:

Whilst biting an opponent is unacceptable, what is worse is other forms of deliberately hurting an opponent I.e. elbows to head, reckless / dangerous tackles. Rather be bitten than have my leg broken

Yes, football has an interesting set of morals, so that spitting at an opponent is the worst thing a player can do, rather than the 2 footed leg breaking tackle
  • Kap10 said:

Whilst biting an opponent is unacceptable, what is worse is other forms of deliberately hurting an opponent I.e. elbows to head, reckless / dangerous tackles. Rather be bitten than have my leg broken

Yes, football has an interesting set of morals, so that spitting at an opponent is the worst thing a player can do, rather than the 2 footed leg breaking tackle
    Says who?
  • Can't believe what I've just seen, been at it again with Chiellini's shoulder, what is it with this fella?
  • Sponsored links:

• Yep guaranteed he would do it again at some point. Leopards never change their spots, ban him Sine Die!
  • He really does need to be forced to wear a dog muzzle now, for the safety of the other players

Unbelievable for a 3rd time that he has done that considering he is meant to be a grown man.

Great skill but a complete failure as a human being.
  • Just saw it. Ridiculous player...hope he misses the rest of the tournament at least!
  • something wrong in his head that he's done that. It's obvious that the amount of times its happened over a spread period and under such intense pressure playing a football match that his brain just flips some kind of switch and he does that kind of thing. I don't even believe its a conscious decision for him to do it, it just kind of happens. Like particular breeds of dog can be sweet and normal but under a special set of circumstances and chemical balance in their brains they just go and bite people.
  • No doubt he will get a big money move for sure now because the English press will crucify him after this
  • something wrong in his head that he's done that. It's obvious that the amount of times its happened over a spread period and under such intense pressure playing a football match that his brain just flips some kind of switch and he does that kind of thing. I don't even believe its a conscious decision for him to do it, it just kind of happens. Like particular breeds of dog can be sweet and normal but under a special set of circumstances and chemical balance in their brains they just go and bite people.

Agreed.
  • Well that was a fixed match if ever I've seen one.
  • edited June 2014
    This is a test for FIFA - you can't have respect on the shirts and banners everywhere and not treat this with the seriousness it deserves. Given that it is not the first, or second time, a two month ban minimum should be given with the threat that if he does it once more - that is it - his career is over! Knowing FIFA, he will probably get 2 games tops!

Could it be the affects of the drugs he may or may not have taken to get fit so quickly?
  • Sponsored links:

• Once bitten twice shy....

No seriously he has been unbelievable this season for Liverpool, he destroyed England with his 2 goals, surely he needs help?
  • he knows he is in trouble left the pitch very quickly not giving it the big one after qualifying for the next round
  • Suarez has made me proud to be English again. Thanks Luis...
  • if u did that on the high street you would be lucky very lucky not to get abit of bird for that kind of attack how footballers get away with it is beyond me.

This - absolutely shocking
  • edited June 2014
  • I remember chuckling the first time I watched Finding Nemo with my daughter when she was really young at Brucie the sharks behaviour change when he "smelt" blood, do you think Suarez reacts to a particular anti-perspirant or pheromone? I bet his wife never changes her perfume :)
  • 20 game international and domestic ban at least. The blokes an animal.
  • What a strange bloke and a really odd thing to do. Biting is something a 2 year old does once and is told not to do again. Just weird.