Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luis Suarez - 'Chomping at the bit'

Comments

• Options
    That's a red card offence, of course, but the moral thundering here and in the media is and is going to be unbelievably tedious. 'Shoot the vermin'? Um...he didn't even injure Chiellini. It's a weird and slightly repugnant act, and he's obviously a bit of a nutcase, but you've collectively lost your sense of perspective.

Ban for the rest of the tournament? Sure, but if someone puts in a knee-high legbreaker, they should be banned for longer.
  • Options
    This is too serious to be left to FIFA, the Brazilian authorities have to act very swiftly indeed. The next full moon is on the weekend of the World Cup Final. If he is not dealt with by then there could be carnage.

Luis Dracula
  • Options
    Leuth, 'slightly', really?
  • Options
    Yeah, slightly repugnant. If swearing at someone is a trifle at one end of the scale, and deliberately snapping someone's ligaments is a disgusting criminal assault at the other, then this falls somewhere in between IMO
  • Options
    Leuth said:

That's a red card offence, of course, but the moral thundering here and in the media is and is going to be unbelievably tedious. 'Shoot the vermin'? Um...he didn't even injure Chiellini. It's a weird and slightly repugnant act, and he's obviously a bit of a nutcase, but you've collectively lost your sense of perspective.

Ban for the rest of the tournament? Sure, but if someone puts in a knee-high legbreaker, they should be banned for longer.

It can cause pretty rank infections etc. And in terms of footballers being role models, someone who is going to bite people every now and then needs to be kept off the pitch for a long time.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I understand where you are coming from but biting - like eye-gouging or spitting - is simply way beyond the pale.

You are right that shocking tackles should be punished - and they mostly are - but there can often be a fine line between an aggressive 'dominant' tackle and a dangerous one whereas biting an opponent cannot be an accident and is just wrong on so many levels.

If someone had bit me during my playing days I would have gone totally postal.
  • Options
    new game released:

again a clear conspiracy by the illuminati to take over FIFA

but some guy in norway knew it - best bet ever:
  • Options
    Nice to see the disgusted of tunbridge wells brigade out in force.
  • Options
    cesar millan added to uruguayan staff as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

But why biting? Is it just that he has the equipment and it's a shame not to use it?

They are his assets. Have you seen them? I wouldn't let him have a bite of my apple, let's put it that way.
  • Options
    Are we still waiting for FIFA - I'm surprised!
  • Options
    He'll get a ban for sure. It's in the world stage, not in a domestic league. Millions saw it. Fifa have to act.

As @bobmunro‌ said, there's no excusing it, but there's obviously an underlying issue he has. All similar behaviour has a cause. Reiterating it's not an excuse, and fifa should go hard on Luis.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

At last, some proper perspective.
  • Options
    No excuses. Pathetic play acting after the act then denial.
    He's a grown man, and as such, responsible for his actions.
    Life time ban. But it won't happen and that makes it all the worse.
    And if you have never been bitten by someone in aggression, I can tell you it is an extremely unpleasant experience, and potentially life threatening if the bite breaks the skin.
    No more excuses for Luis Suarez.
  • Options

Nice to see the disgusted of tunbridge wells brigade out in force.

Disgusted of everywhere surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Leuth said:

It can cause pretty rank infections etc. And in terms of footballers being role models, someone who is going to bite people every now and then needs to be kept off the pitch for a long time.
    I would ban him for life. 3 times this has happened now, it's not a one off, it's assault pure criminality, the man is a danger to people on the pitch.

What next? If he is capable of doing this what else is he capable of?

They need to ban him for life before he seriously injures someone.

You have got kids watching this game it's appalling.. He needs banning for life
  • Options

Some really weird responses on this thread.

Biting someone isn't that bad??? And that people are over reacting because they are from Tunbridge Wells?? You what????

Not only is this the THIRD time he's done this but biting someone is a scummy act on the same lines as spitting. He's lucky Chiellini didn't smash them teeth to the back of his face.

Indeed, biting is revolting, can't believe people are not shocked by it.

This isn't someone getting bitten in a Sunday Pub League, it's someone biting an opponent on the biggest stage in sport - for the third time.

Sure, Suarez is not the worst person in the world but he has behaved appallingly and deserves very lengthy punishment.
  • Options
    As Deano said about Roy Keane

"World class player, economy class person"
  • Options
    I've seen the replay again... He certainly made a meal of it.

I was really enjoying this World Cup, I guess at least it glosses over England's performances.
  • Options
    He will get away with it again, a small donation to the "don't bite people foundation" and he will be a hero again,

Scum of the earth if you ask me.
  • Options
    I reckon FIFA will ban him but not until after the World Cup.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    It appears the Uruguayans don't accept that he did anything wrong and it's all been stirred up by the British Press. We're advised that we should remember we won the World Cup with a 'ball that wasn't a goal' in 1966, apparently.
    I just don't understand how anyone can deny what Suarez did.

Link to article
  • Options
    Leuth said:

IT'S THE THIRD TIME HE'S BITTEN SOMEONE. That is the point. Once and it could be written off as a moment of madness. Twice and clearly this is a man with serious issues, because biting another human being doesn't come naturally to most people, if we really lost our temper, at most we'd take a swing at someone instead of trying to bite them. Doing it a third time on the biggest footballing stage there is with cameras watching every move is just deranged. It really doesn't matter if he actually hurt the guy or not (and look at those teeth! That would hurt, and he did leave a mark.) it's the principle. You cannot have a star player, an idol to many, seen as a role model and an inspiration (in Uruguay if nowhere else) biting another player THREE BLOODY TIMES.
  • Options

As Deano said about Roy Keane

"World class player, economy class person"

I'm guessing it wasn't to his face?!?!?! (:
  • Options

I guess any part of the body is up for eating.

— Evander Holyfield (@holyfield) 24. juni 2014