Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATEMENT: From CAFC and the Met Police

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    I've had an answer to my email from the Met - similar to the one Large Addick got above.

But will read it out on tonight's show
  • Options
    Used to work for Sussex Police and had contact with the Police Liaison Officer for Brighton and Hove Albion as part of my job so dropped him a tweet to ask if throwing beachballs onto the pitch was a criminal offence and this is what he said: 'The legislation doesn't specify what is or isn't. Each case on its own merits'. Pretty sure the CPS would deem it not in the public interest to prosecute someone for throwing a beachball onto the pitch and given the amount of them that were thrown thats a lot of cases.
  • Options
    Insinuating that the protests are criminal, in the same way as the isolated incident of inexcusable oafishness at the palarse game, is cynical distortion worthy of Pyongyang.
    Rehiring a comms consultant with old contacts at the beeb ensures that Roly's NewSpeak bullshit gets a rapid airing thru an otherwise reputable organ - presumably said consultant is costing Roly a king's ransom*.
    Hopefully CARD's consequent statement gets the same size and quality of distribution. We have to highlight the toxic blend of mendacity and insanity every time it issues forth from his "charlton athletic". We must continue to repudiate the lies and reinforce the reasons for our disaffection.

* there is no comfort to be had from Roly's financial losses - we can but cling to the belief that even a preposterous buffoon such as he will have a point beyond which he realises it is 'good money after bad' and decides enough is enough.

Keep smilin
  • Options
    Perhaps we could arrange a game of "keep me ups", in the crowd and head the beach balls onto the pitch, that way you couldn't be accused or charged of throwing anything on the pitch.
  • Options
    IT_Andy said:

Perhaps we could arrange a game of "keep me ups", in the crowd and head the beach balls onto the pitch, that way you couldn't be accused or charged of throwing anything on the pitch.

also is kicking them onto the pitch an offence seeing as it specifies throwing
  • Options
    StigThundercock.....

Is that your dating profile name?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

StigThundercock.....

Is that your dating profile name?

I thought that was BigThundercock Fury.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

iamdan said:

Ok, look, I threw a beachball.

No doubt you'll be sleeping with one eye open from now on, terrified by the knowledge that it's just a matter of time before the Sweeney are kicking your door in at 5am.
    Given that the club still have my old address, I feel sorry for the guy who lives there now. Surrey Police are presumably staking it out at least.
  • Options
    Can Roland and Katrien be punished for throwing shit onto the pitch?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What about when trainers throw water bottles on the pitch when play is stopped, worse still, when players throw them back at the trainer. He could miss one and a spectator gets killed.
  • Options
    Clearly the Met have let themselves be used in a rather feeble attempt to intimidate those protesting.

I also think that we can expect stewards to start behaving more aggressively, and when challenged to claim X and Y have been breaking the law.

Still, if throwing a beachball onto the pitch is going to get you arrested, might as well go the whole way and lob a bag of shit at Squirrel Face while dressed as Pinocchio. Both will probably end up with a police caution ...
  • Options

IT_Andy said:

No, it's not . . . :-)
  • Options
    It's lucky for Meire, Murray and Cahoones that the law doesn't specify tossing is an offence.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

It's lucky for Meire, Murray and Cahoones that the law doesn't specify tossing is an offence.

Not that I know, you understand, but I think where you do it may affect the legal outcome.

You know what they say, out of sight, out of Belmarsh....
  • Options

IT_Andy said:

Fancy dress for last home game, t-shirt and bermudas.

Beachwear day!
  • Options

IT_Andy said:

Beachwear day!
    Don't the team usually wear next season's kit?
  • Options

IT_Andy said:

Beachwear day!
    Don't the team usually wear next season's kit?
    Multiple lol's!