Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season ticket

Comments

• Options
    SID said:

Stig said:

SID said:

I do not think it is meant to build bridges. It is supposed to celebrate 25 years since our return. It will not and is not changing people's mind, it is however a decent thing to do.

Exactly, it's typical that this has now turned into a pro / anti regime thread. To celebrate the 25th aniversary they have packaged the season tickets in a presentation box with a scarf and a few odds & ends. Just see it for what it is and not as some sort of subliminal brain washing campaign.
    Why would they be doing this then, when they publicly stated that history is not important?
    I think someone in the marketing department had an idea that to celebrate the 25th aniversary it might be nice to send the season tickets out with some comemorative memorabilia. Why do you think they did it?
    My experience of marketing departments, is that they do things for reasons other than because, "it's nice". When they start doing things just to be nice, I'm sure they'll get renamed benevolent departments or something similar.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I wan't to challenge very strongly the idea that it's "a nice gesture". It isn't a nice gesture at all, it's a PR stunt. They are trying to bolster their damaged reputation by buying people off: Season ticket holders, who they know will be softer targets than lapsed attendees. This is the regime that has torn our club apart. They traded decent players for useless wannabes. They lied to fans. They drove people away. What they are doing now is the equivalent of giving your loved one a bunch of flowers after you've cheated on them. It stinks. It's just a manipulative ploy to try and fool people. And all for what? The cost of a scarf and a calendar, well whoopee do.

For those who think it's about building bridges, here's an idea. If they want to build bridges they should start by apologising. They should then produce a list of errors and formulate plans to ensure that they do not repeat them. They will not do that, because they are in denial about whose fault this mess is.

And as for all this Back the The Valley nonsense, it's sickening. They are not interested in that at all. We have an owner who has stated that competitive football is not important and a CEO who has said she does not care for the history of the club. They are piggy packing on this anniversary to try and gain brownie points. As @charltonkeston so eloquently put it, the PR company "are using some of my [our] best memories and associating them with the current vermin". Wake up, people. How many extra chances do this lot need?

But Stig, I think you're missing the point. It comes in a nice red box! - Oh alright then, I take it back they must be genuinely decent people who have learnt the error of their ways and are committed to change. Viva Duchatelet. Viva Meire. Viva The Regime.

Stig who are they trying to buy off though.
    Those that renewed didn't know they were going to recieve this presentation box, maybe a couple of dozen might buy a season ticket because of the box but I doubt it and those not buying a season won't buy a season ticket.
    My opinion is all the while they are in charge whether for the right or wrong reasons I'll be thinking what are they up to.
  • Options
    @clb74 I don't think it's about sales, it's about face. By giving something to season ticket holders, they are helping to give a voice to those who take a softer view of the regime. Thereby making it more difficult for the anti-regimers to organise against them. Looking at the responses to it on here, I'd say the PR guys have played a blinder.
  • Options
    It's a shame, Most on here and elsewhere probably are anti regime, but the fucking paranoia generated by the most benign decisions taken by the club is creating such a poisonous atmospher among fans that I honestly don't see it improving that much even after they've gone.
  • Options
    Stig said:

@clb74 I don't think it's about sales, it's about face. By giving something to season ticket holders, they are helping to give a voice to those who take a softer view of the regime. Thereby making it more difficult for the anti-regimers to organise against them. Looking at the responses to it on here, I'd say the PR guys have played a blinder.

Or they are beginning a season of celebrating a return to the Valley....
  • Options
    Firstly no such number as hundred trillionth.
    Secondly, I am not deluded, it's more of a case that you are very bitter and do not and will not acknowledge orpther fans views and simply shoot them down.
    Thirdly who states that the atmospheres are better, CARD, no one else.
    Finally you have the audacity to call other fans happy clap and have shit thrown at them. Well after making that statement if confirms that you are bitter and go to games for the wrong reasons to protest and not support the team.
  • Options
    Who'd have thought a red box could generate such interest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SID said:

Stig said:

SID said:

I do not think it is meant to build bridges. It is supposed to celebrate 25 years since our return. It will not and is not changing people's mind, it is however a decent thing to do.

Exactly, it's typical that this has now turned into a pro / anti regime thread. To celebrate the 25th aniversary they have packaged the season tickets in a presentation box with a scarf and a few odds & ends. Just see it for what it is and not as some sort of subliminal brain washing campaign.
    Why would they be doing this then, when they publicly stated that history is not important?
    I think someone in the marketing department had an idea that to celebrate the 25th aniversary it might be nice to send the season tickets out with some comemorative memorabilia. Why do you think they did it?
    I think it's more likely that it was someone in Hummel's marketing department that had the bright idea...
  • Options
    I have just read this whole thread in one go and its so sad because I agree with both sides of an argument that has started. The board has made true Charlton fans feel like this. At the moment I feel really positive about next season but I'm also very realistic to know not to get too carried away as based on past evidence that optimism can change very very quickly
  • Options
    I this evening on social media have had my 11 year old son brought into an argument as well as my wife slagged off from a member of CARD. The same person has also made a statement that would have come from one of only two people.
    You both know who you are and the person that you have told in confidence has brought my young son into the argument which shows how low you have dropped.
    One of which is a friend of this said person on social media so all fingers point to you.
  • Options

I have just read this whole thread in one go and its so sad because I agree with both sides of an argument that has started. The board has made true Charlton fans feel like this. At the moment I feel really positive about next season but I'm also very realistic to know not to get too carried away as based on past evidence that optimism can change very very quickly

Why do you feel positive out of interest ?
  • Options

I this evening on social media have had my 11 year old son brought into an argument as well as my wife slagged off from a member of CARD. The same person has also made a statement that would have come from one of only two people.
    You both know who you are and the person that you have told in confidence has brought my young son into the argument which shows how low you have dropped.
    One of which is a friend of this said person on social media so all fingers point to you.

See this is the perfect example of people turning against each other. No matter what your opinion there are certain real Charlton fans who have different opinions. No one is right no one is wrong but turning against each other is not the answer
  • Options

Eh? Is this aimed at me or is it just completely random?

I don't have a clue what you're on about. There's no point putting it on here if you're gonna be cryptic. Either post in full or speak to those involved privately. All a bit unique.
  • Options

I don't have a clue what you're on about. There's no point putting it on here if you're gonna be cryptic. Either post in full or speak to those involved privately. All a bit unique.
    Funny that I never mentioned you. I know exactly whom one of the people are.
  • Options

That's why I asked. Was a bit confused as we'd just been debating a point. Wasn't sure if you thought this was connected.

If you know who they are speak to them. No point in cryptic messages no one gets.
  • Options

So either tell or dont comment and cause more rows?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They will know who they are when they read this. You don't bring my son into things .
  • Options

They will know who they are when they read this. You don't bring my son into things .
    Totally agree. Charlton fans are so divided at the moment its seriously worrying
  • Options
    se9addick said:

SID said:

Stig said:

SID said:

I think it's more likely that it was someone in Hummel's marketing department that had the bright idea...
    Well I didn't specify which marketing department (if that's where it was from). But if it was from Hummel there's even less reason to get upset about it.
    I really do hope the club don't make a serious go at promotion this season, they'll only be doing it to get back at the boycotters and keep the season ticket holders on side.
  • Options

• Options

Huh?
  • Options
    if millwall or palace had our owners and were in our position would I be happy or sad
  • Options
    There are times a plenty to have a go at our owners, I just don't think the season ticket box is one of them
  • Options
    If the club wish to spend money on gift ideas whilst sending out the season tickets, then fine. Personally putting a season ticket in a brown envelope with a second class stamp on it, and a thank you letter inside would have sufficed.

• Options
    edited July 2017

There are times a plenty to have a go at our owners, I just don't think the season ticket box is one of them

Agreed, it's sour grapes when the moaner is somebody that didn't get a box and it must be music to the ears of the SMT. Definitely an own goal to moan about these boxes if you are clearly anti-regime because it makes you look petty.

And if by some chance there is season ticket holder that did receive one that is also moaning about it then the simple answer is for them to send it back.