Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Doncaster Rovers v Charlton Athletic post-match views 10th February 2018

Like a punch in the gut, a late minute equaliser leaves Addicks rotten.

Still, it's progress. Last week two late goals left us with nil points.

If the trend continues, we win next time.

Over to you

Comments

• SDAddick said:

That player standing three yards behind everyone on the six yard box is Lennon. Ridiculous. Don't agree with the substitution but it's absolutely awful defending from him. What is he doing over there?
    that's what I was just asking on the other thread. looks from that angle he's playing them all onside.
  • I blame @Airman Brown he got all our hopes up and they were dashed. Crikey, that was a lucky deflection but it is school boy defending, all clumped together and leaving a player totally free.
  • FFS Charlton!!!!
    Learn from your fucking mistakes
  • Gutting. Much will be pointed to the sub of Lennon and the general poor defending but why can we never take our chances at 1-0? So frustrating
  • Just do not believe KR has the credentials. He's a fraud.
  • May I be the first to say booooooooooooooo!
  • Sponsored links:

• Player shoots, freak deflection - and we're fast asleep.

Never offside because it's deflected off our defender.

• Why oh why yet again change a team that is winning so late in the game,does Robinson never learn
  • How was them two Donny players not picked up at the back post? Typical ball watching that's why.
  • Love em, hate em, love em, drive me crazy.
  • edited February 2018
    SDAddick said:

That player standing three yards behind everyone on the six yard box is Lennon. Ridiculous. Don't agree with the substitution but it's absolutely awful defending from him. What is he doing over there?
    Yeah, looks as if he played the bloke onside. Rest of the team had held a decent line.

And I say that as a Lennon defender.

• Oggy Red said:

Player shoots, freak deflection - and we're fast asleep.

Never offside because it's deflected off our defender.

But if he was in an offside position when the shot was struck he would have been offside even with a deflection, but Lennon was playing him on anyway.
  • edited February 2018
    Looks like a deflection off a charlton player so would not have been offside. I would have rather KR had gone for a second goal late on than try and shore up the defence considering last weeks cock up. You sit back long enough and the inevitable will happen and it keeps on frigging happening. Can we have a manager with some bottle please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyway, we played well for the most part, missed two one-on-ones and looked extremely comfortable. Until that last substitution
  • SDAddick said:

The move started from our left back position as well. DaSilva had a brilliant game, and Lennon is hardly the rock you bring in to shore up a defence, really naive substituion.

Robinson managed the game badly at the end again.

That said, we absolutely should have been out of sight. Reeves and Fosu both missed really good chances. Of our attacking players, only Fosu who showed any spark or creativity. Reeves poor. Marshall started well then faded out of the game. Magennis utterly anonymous.

Watched on stream and charlton fans sounded great. Must be gutting for those who travelled. Please let's get the takeover sorted and move on with some real positivity....
  • Just want to point out that their player who scores is surely no taller than Dasilva?
  • SDAddick said:

He's simply shite and his positional awareness is shite.
  • edited February 2018
    good consistency at least
  • I’m going off football. Bloody poxy bloody Charlton.
  • SDAddick said:

Yeah, looks as if he played the bloke onside. Rest of the team had held a decent line.

And I say that as a Lennon defender.
    Wouldn't have made any difference - the Donny scorer is onside because the original shot first hit a defender = played onside.