Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The rise of the vegans.

Comments

• iainment said:

Greenie said:

Leuth said:

I will add that my house has a strict no-meat policy. I'll eat meat when out and about but I'll remain veggie when cooking or getting takeaway. It's a policy that I would recommend as a way of cutting down meat.

Most takeaway restaurants are yet to fully work out how to offer good vegetarian options, is something I've noticed

Hitler was a veggie and a dictator...just saying.
    He was a meat eater.
    Erm, I think you'll find he finished up a veggie
  • Interesting point about rabbit meat - it provides almost none of the nutrients you need to survive long-term. Generally if you eat most meat exclusively you'll be in reasonably good shape. You won't get carbs from it, and it will take your body a while to adapt, but you should survive. If you only eat rabbit, it's so lean, and contains so few of the vitamins and minerals you need that you'll end up in 'rabbit starvation' - basically, you end up eating so much protein that you die of malnourishment :worried:
  • iainment said:

Greenie said:

Leuth said:

I will add that my house has a strict no-meat policy. I'll eat meat when out and about but I'll remain veggie when cooking or getting takeaway. It's a policy that I would recommend as a way of cutting down meat.

Most takeaway restaurants are yet to fully work out how to offer good vegetarian options, is something I've noticed

He was a meat eater.
    I think the last thing he ate was lead...
    That's not meat
  • iainment said:

Greenie said:

Leuth said:

He was a meat eater.
    That's not meat
    Precisely. Balanced diet...
  • Part of my company design Refrigeration plants for slaughter houses, we have just taken on a Vegan, could be interesting, it was pointed out to him, and he still accepted the job. Funny enough what we didn’t think through through was his request for a Vegan car, we didn’t even realise there was such a thing, we came to a agreement he would use his own car and charge mileage until we could sort something.

The thing I can’t understand is how can a vegan being involved in the design of slaughter houses especially when we do go live side whilst slaughtering take place. Just can’t work that out.

I would seriously question the motives of this individual if I were you.
    We are. We are actually very concerned.
  • i dont eat meat twics a week,sometimes i get to three but i get meat pie hallucinations at four. Do like my veg and my salads. Potatoes from our garden taste so much better than shop brought they actyally do have a taste
  • Some cracking Indian vegetarian restaurants in Drummond St (Euston), if your ever in the area.
    Fixed price lunch buffets are very good

Can you get a chicken madras ?

Troll post.
  • iainment said:

Some cracking Indian vegetarian restaurants in Drummond St (Euston), if your ever in the area.

Can you get a chicken madras ?

Troll post.
    Crawl back under your rock

• Sponsored links:

• Some cracking Indian vegetarian restaurants in Drummond St (Euston), if your ever in the area.

Used to be a nice buffet veggie one up Angel Islington an all.
    If you mean the Vegan Indian. It's still there. Incredibly cheap as well. £8 for all you can eat last time I was there.
  • Interesting point about rabbit meat - it provides almost none of the nutrients you need to survive long-term. Generally if you eat most meat exclusively you'll be in reasonably good shape. You won't get carbs from it, and it will take your body a while to adapt, but you should survive. If you only eat rabbit, it's so lean, and contains so few of the vitamins and minerals you need that you'll end up in 'rabbit starvation' - basically, you end up eating so much protein that you die of malnourishment :worried:

Our survival instructors told us about this and helpfully gave us a potato to go with the rabbit! The MoD have served me up some pretty vile food over the years but dead rabbit and half a boiled potato is the worst meal I've ever had.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Just typing that lets me know that even considering suing a charity for advice given in good will makes you scum in my opinion.

Good heavens.
    Makes me lol I am called scum for not harming animals. I can live with that.
  • Anyway just trying to raise awareness among you folk and if nothing else I think I have succeeded rather well.
    Going to join a spanner list next and try the same.
  • iainment said:

Some cracking Indian vegetarian restaurants in Drummond St (Euston), if your ever in the area.

Used to be a nice buffet veggie one up Angel Islington an all.
    If you mean the Vegan Indian. It's still there. Incredibly cheap as well. £8 for all you can eat last time I was there.
    Fuck me, that's gone up. Was a fiver when I rebuilt Sadlers Wells theatre
  • ....probably cos they won't take the new five pound note, being vegan and all

They do. The new tenner as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rob7Lee said:

5ft 11 and a half (the half is very important to me!), 10st 4, 30" waist and I can't actually recall the last day I didn't eat meat, outside of ill in bed and not eating anything was probably in the mid 90's.

I drink far to much tea as well, maybe 20 cups a day (I know I know) so my milk intake is quite large also.

Each to their own but I don't think I'd survive without our furry friends (love a burford brown as well but could pass on honey other than when ill).

We are predators, just like a lot of the animal kingdom, difference is we also have a conscience where I think most meat eaters would prefer their prey is dealt with humanly from birth to death.

That said after reading this I broke the habit and got a cheese and tomato sandwich (yes I know where cheese comes from but for a change it wasn't pig or cow).

20 cups of tea a day?!!!!!!
    Blatantly a builder :wink:
  • Next week will post on the cheese trap.
  • Rob7Lee said:

5ft 11 and a half (the half is very important to me!), 10st 4, 30" waist and I can't actually recall the last day I didn't eat meat, outside of ill in bed and not eating anything was probably in the mid 90's.

I drink far to much tea as well, maybe 20 cups a day (I know I know) so my milk intake is quite large also.

Each to their own but I don't think I'd survive without our furry friends (love a burford brown as well but could pass on honey other than when ill).

We are predators, just like a lot of the animal kingdom, difference is we also have a conscience where I think most meat eaters would prefer their prey is dealt with humanly from birth to death.

That said after reading this I broke the habit and got a cheese and tomato sandwich (yes I know where cheese comes from but for a change it wasn't pig or cow).

20 cups of tea a day?!!!!!!
    I can match that
  • iainment said:

Greenie said:

Leuth said:

He was a meat eater.
    So he died a vegan!

Hitler was a vegan FACT
  • iainment said:

....probably cos they won't take the new five pound note, being vegan and all

They do. The new tenner as well.
    At least we know the price of their souls
  • Carter said:

For years I have sought to only but free range and organic meat as well as fruit and veg. Annoys my wife as it's substantially dearer than when she comes home from the shops with a load of watery tasting mass produced and farmed fruit and veg not to mention our weird perversions for meat that's been pumped full of water

Now I'll hold my hands up here, I love animals, every animal I have lived with has had a brilliant life. However... I know how animals are treated before slaughter, indeed the whole thing of killing millions of living beings daily I'm not comfortable with, but I am a hypocrite because I eat meat.

If we all had to kill, skin, fillet and gut our meat a lot of us would be vegetarian. inadvertently I've gone vegetarian for days at a time because of my fussiness about meat quality I don't eat meat at most chain pubs and restaraunts. I won't include fast food chains in this but I've stopped using then as regualrly

Cheese is a weakness of mine as is dairy in general, so I'd struggle to knock them on the head.

A quick anecdote. A mate of mine used to work in a slaughterhouse, he remarked one day as I was stuffing a pepperami down my neck, that if I saw what They were made of I wouldn't eat one again. He took me to his work, showed me round the place, now it was grim as you would expect a slaughterhouse to be. When it got to the pepperami bit, they basically had a carcass of a pig hanging and were jet spraying everything off the bones onto a white wall and then it dribbled down into a trough or like the sort of urinal you don't really see anymore. it then got sucked and scooped up and that was the meat for pepperamis. I will add that the meat that went into the dig food was of a much better quality than a lot of the meat that was for the humans! That was the day I discovered that all dog food must've suitable for human consumption

When we got back to the pub I ate about 6 of the black pepperamis to prove a point. Nowadays I'm more emotionally grown up and it would have more of an effect on me

That is a societal thing though - we've moved on from hunting for our food (minutes ago in evolutionary timescales) to having a remote food supply chain do that all for us. Back in the stone age parents would hunt with their children and show them how to catch, kill, skin and fillet meat.
  • bobmunro said:

Carter said:

For years I have sought to only but free range and organic meat as well as fruit and veg. Annoys my wife as it's substantially dearer than when she comes home from the shops with a load of watery tasting mass produced and farmed fruit and veg not to mention our weird perversions for meat that's been pumped full of water

Now I'll hold my hands up here, I love animals, every animal I have lived with has had a brilliant life. However... I know how animals are treated before slaughter, indeed the whole thing of killing millions of living beings daily I'm not comfortable with, but I am a hypocrite because I eat meat.

If we all had to kill, skin, fillet and gut our meat a lot of us would be vegetarian. inadvertently I've gone vegetarian for days at a time because of my fussiness about meat quality I don't eat meat at most chain pubs and restaraunts. I won't include fast food chains in this but I've stopped using then as regualrly

Cheese is a weakness of mine as is dairy in general, so I'd struggle to knock them on the head.

A quick anecdote. A mate of mine used to work in a slaughterhouse, he remarked one day as I was stuffing a pepperami down my neck, that if I saw what They were made of I wouldn't eat one again. He took me to his work, showed me round the place, now it was grim as you would expect a slaughterhouse to be. When it got to the pepperami bit, they basically had a carcass of a pig hanging and were jet spraying everything off the bones onto a white wall and then it dribbled down into a trough or like the sort of urinal you don't really see anymore. it then got sucked and scooped up and that was the meat for pepperamis. I will add that the meat that went into the dig food was of a much better quality than a lot of the meat that was for the humans! That was the day I discovered that all dog food must've suitable for human consumption

When we got back to the pub I ate about 6 of the black pepperamis to prove a point. Nowadays I'm more emotionally grown up and it would have more of an effect on me

That is a societal thing though - we've moved on from hunting for our food (minutes ago in evolutionary timescales) to having a remote food supply chain do that all for us. Back in the stone age parents would hunt with their children and show them how to catch, kill, skin and fillet meat.
    bobmunro said:

Carter said:

bobmunro said:

Carter said:

My great gran used to skin and fillet rabbit, prepare chickens and all sorts - i'd have to ask my nan but i'm pretty sure she "took care" of them as well a fair few times. You don't have to go THAT far back for examples of people doing it all themselves.
  • bobmunro said:

Carter said:

bobmunro said:

Carter said:

bobmunro said:

Carter said:

My great gran used to skin and fillet rabbit, prepare chickens and all sorts - i'd have to ask my nan but i'm pretty sure she "took care" of them as well a fair few times. You don't have to go THAT far back for examples of people doing it all themselves.
    No of course not - and there are still many today who hunt for food. My point though was that part of every child's upbringing not that many generations ago was to learn how to hunt and gather. If they didn't learn, they died.

• iainment said:

Greenie said:

Leuth said:

He was a meat eater.
    who hasn't?