Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lee Bowyer and Steve Gallen at Bromley Addicks 6th Sept. 7.30-9pm. (Now Members Only)

edited September 2018 in General Charlton
Not a bad start to our season.

Chief Scout Steve Gallen and (caretaker?) manager Lee Bowyer answering fans questions from the floor.

Comments

• It’s happening
  • Not a bad start to our season.

Chief Scout Steve Gallen and (caretaker?) manager Lee Bowyer answering fans questions from the floor.

No chairs at the venue then? ;)
    Damn, I knew there was something we needed to order.
  • Great opportunity to meet Bow and judge for yourself more about his character and general demeanour, both of which remain something of a mystery to most Addicks.
    Wish I could attend......have a great night one and all.
    Let’s hope that by then both our and his future may be a little clearer.....here’s hoping!
  • Don't expect any interesting revelations on this site. What happens in Bromley, stays in Bromley.
  • Let’s hope Rolys not flogged them off!
  • Question is do I go and get a pic with Me and Bows.

Hasnt worked so well before.

Guy Luzon at Player of Year award
    Bob Peeters at kit launch
    Karl Robinson at Bromley Addicks last year

Do you fancy nipping over to St Truiden for a photo shoot?
    You could redeem yourself. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't expect any interesting revelations on this site. What happens in Bromley, stays in Bromley.

Don't be a dick. We always tell what was said, if it's worth telling.

So people can't help themselves

Apologies Getting my East Kent and Bromley mixed up. I'm West London.
  • BROMLEY ADDICKS NEWSLETTER - AUGUST 2018

Schedule for 2018/2019

After what seemed like an endless hot summer (and not sure it is over just yet) Saturday is the first day of the new League One football season with a potentially difficult away trip to Sunderland. Friendlies have already played with some decent performances and some good looking new players plus some promising youth team players on display. The sale still rumbles on and on and on…………………..but whatever happens sale or not Bromley Addicks will still be there for you.

We have been very happy in our new home so we are staying there. This to remind you it is The Petts Wood Royal British Legion Club. It is just a 2 minutes walk from Petts Wood station (on the Queensway side almost next to Morrison’s) and there is street parking. More details here https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Royal+British+Legion/@51.3878228,0.0741575,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x1df1cb341d183e87!8m2!3d51.3878228!4d0.0741575

6th September 2018 - Lee Bowyer and Steve Gallen
    6th December 2018 – Nostalgia Evening with a former manager and players.
    7th February 2019 - Possible charity fundraiser for Prostate Cancer fund raiser.
    4th April 2019 – Two Current players
    2nd May 2019 - Special Guest To Be Confirmed
    ALL GUESTS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OTHER THAN THE FIRST ONE
    Changes in memberships and fees

Last season we decided to do away with formal membership fees even though they were just £5 (or £3 per season for over 60’s). We felt that it might be putting some potential new attendees off. This proved to be quite successful and so we will continue this decision. We will however, as we did last season, pass a glass around for people to throw in a quid or two to cover the hire of the hall but this will be entirely optional.

However we are obliged to maintain a membership list for H & S purposes as well as at the request of the R.B.L. and for our own records so we can contact you about meetings and other events. Please be sure to let Tony Warran know your details if you have not done so already or if they change. (tony.warran@btinternet.com)

Please also do let him know if you wish to be removed from the membership list or if you know of anyone who used to be but is no longer getting our newsletters.

Current Committee - Ian Wallis, Ben Hayes, David Cable, Vince Brennan , James Cruickshank and Tony Warran have once again agreed to stand and will seek re-election at the next AGM ( 6 September 2018) .
    Just like the first team we could do with some new bodies to freshen up the squad so if you fancy joining the committee or helping out in anyway please let us know

• Scoham said:

Fraeye, Nego, Polish Pete and Thuram?

Last time I give you info in confidence : - )

Apologies Getting my East Kent and Bromley mixed up. I'm West London.
    Good of you to say so. Thanks.
  • This could be a very interesting evening if Bowyer hasn't quit by then

If he quits, he can come back in December as the former manager!

Despite the apparent lack of support by "the owner", Bowyer is remarkably upbeat in his latest interview this afternoon.
    With a squad reduced to bare bones, the threat of key players being sold from under him - he's evidently still making plans.

What does he know that we don't?

• Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Fraeye, Nego, Polish Pete and Thuram?

Jackson, Bauer, Aribo?
  • edited August 2018

Theo Foley and Colin Powell TBC
  • Sage said:

Oggy Red said:

This could be a very interesting evening if Bowyer hasn't quit by then

Despite the apparent lack of support by "the owner", Bowyer is remarkably upbeat in his latest interview this afternoon.
    With a squad reduced to bare bones, the threat of key players being sold from under him - he's evidently still making plans.

I don’t think it’s necessarily him knowing something that we don’t.

Having been at Bromley Addicks last November, Robinson said whilst sitting next to Bowyer, that Lee is the most optimistic and positive guy he has ever met in football, so much that no matter the team or opponents, Bowyer always believed we would win.

I just think it is his personality and his nature, and that can only really be a good thing to keep spirits up and positive. It must be fantastic for the players to have someone who is as upbeat about things as he is, even when everything around him is falling apart.

Just one quality about LB that I really like.
    Remembered that very well as it struck me at the time. KR also contrasted that with his own, golfaaddickesque, world view that we'd always lose.
  • Will be interesting to hear from Steve and Lee on how the transfer window went, the problems they had, who we missed out on (won't be able to put names on here, of course) plus plans for the future.

Be there or be somewhere else
  • Sage said:

Oggy Red said:

This could be a very interesting evening if Bowyer hasn't quit by then

I don’t think it’s necessarily him knowing something that we don’t.

Having been at Bromley Addicks last November, Robinson said whilst sitting next to Bowyer, that Lee is the most optimistic and positive guy he has ever met in football, so much that no matter the team or opponents, Bowyer always believed we would win.

I just think it is his personality and his nature, and that can only really be a good thing to keep spirits up and positive. It must be fantastic for the players to have someone who is as upbeat about things as he is, even when everything around him is falling apart.

Just one quality about LB that I really like.
    KR also contrasted that with his own, golfaaddickesque, world view that we'd always lose.
    Golfie ..... you are a legend in your own Charlton Lifetime. :smile:

• Note the early start
  • Actually need to be in Bromley that evening to pick up a suit. Might as well pop in for this too. Just gotta work out how the fuck to get back to my new place in Streatham after!

Where exactly is it? Sorry if I've missed this info I've just skimmed the thread...
  • Actually need to be in Bromley that evening to pick up a suit. Might as well pop in for this too. Just gotta work out how the fuck to get back to my new place in Streatham after!

Where exactly is it? Sorry if I've missed this info I've just skimmed the thread...

Right around the corner from Petts Wood station