Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol City v Charlton Athletic | Wednesday 23 October | Post-match thread

Right in the knackers. The boys put in a great performance and were unlucky to concede so late in extra time after Bristol City went down to ten men. 

Finished 2-1.

Deserved at least a point.

And on top of that, two more injuries.

Over to you.

Comments

• kayal played well and will be fit for saturday which is a positive.
    cant believe we fell asleep for the last minute!
  • Feels like s karl Robinson moment
  • Bad sub at the end, Sarr on and I reckon we would have seen that out. Very unlucky with injuries. BC looked turd for most of the match but created a lot towards the end and a point would have been the right result
  • Would have taken 1-1 before the match, then some chances to win, sickener at the end as the players got a bit carried away and terrible defending for the Bristol City goal at the end. Gutted.
  • Sponsored links:

• 6 mins added, they scored on 98 of an extra 10 that were played.

Real shit way to go down 2-1 
  • Questionable substitutions. Will hear the usual "ref was shit" comments but he wasn't. Didn't manage the game well enough in the end. 
  • Field was a big loss for me. Missed his physicality
  • Gutted to have it nicked from us, a point would’ve been the fairest result.

Phillps was superb tonight, we would’ve lost by a clear margin if it wasn’t for his saves.

Without a doubt the best performance from Bonne so far this season, he looked a constant threat.

Definitely some positives to take from this game, just a shame that we leave with no points which ultimately is what matters.  
  • Thought the Chuks sub changed the game for the worse for us. But it was not like we had many other options. Bowyer gets it right more times than wrong.

Oh well. Still competing, and there's literally no chance we will go down I think. 
    i know an option. don't bother bringing him on. 
  • Aneke sub was suspect as was the formation change with the wrong personnel imo...
  • Sponsored links:

• Desperately unlucky with the injuries. Solly is no left back and what does Aneke offer? 
  • Is it 45 minutes - 46 minutes - 47 minutes - 48 minutes  - 49 minutes - 50minutes - 51 minutes - 52 minutes.

Referee can decide based on what?
  • Sure it's probably not the case but as long as I can remember whenever we face a team down to 10 men we look like the side that's a man down.
    And when we're actually a man down we look like we are down to 8!
  • Reminds me of Coventry at home last season. A late goal totally undeserved, I think that time we had Dijksteel playing make shift left back.
  • edited October 2019
    Didn’t deserve that.  That said,  we conceded a couple of really poor goals tonight. Solly at LB is major problem. Leko frustrating as ever.  The early substitutions really didn’t help us.  I’m also in agreement with some of the posts above - Aneke is a waste of time. 
  • Thought the Chuks sub changed the game for the worse for us. But it was not like we had many other options. Bowyer gets it right more times than wrong.

Oh well. Still competing, and there's literally no chance we will go down I think. 
    i know an option. don't bother bringing him on. 
    Im interested to hear what would you have done instead?
  • Sarr should have come on for Leko instead of Aneke on for Kayal. Can’t blame Bows though. Tough one to take but still 11 points clear of the drop, which is all that matters
  • Gutted. Didnt deserve that. Cant really blame the strikers but should have gone 2 nil up. Boone & Leko do their best but haven't played at this level before.

But.......

Once they went down to 10 men we really didn't get hold of the ball. The sending off galvanised them (and the crowd) & they went for it. Lee Johnson is  cnut though. He was directing everything & was virtually on the pitch. 

Will post more later when more measured.