Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Derby County vs Charlton Athletic 30th December 2019 post-match views

We see the year out depleted and in disarray on the pitch, going down to a 10-man Derby. Let's hope we get some takeover news before year end, or soon after at the latest.

Twas a poor performance, all told, but we've been limping towards the line for some weeks now, with only spits and spurts of quality when we can manage it. We desperately need to resolve the ownership issue as soon as possible, and begin to add reinforcements that can reinvigorate this team in January.

Over to you.

Comments

• Very poor from too many players, not sure on Bowyers subs, 
  • Very poor performance but was a great save from Hamer to prevent 2-2 so could’ve looked very different. 

I thought Williams would’ve been back by now. 
  • 2 points from 16th, better goal difference which is worth another point, I’m fine ... onward and upwards. 
  • had a chance to go for it at half time but did nothing - lb has gone too defensive in my opinion - admittedly he is working with scraps and i rate him but he needs to cut the over defensive stuff - that was poor
  • Sponsored links:

• Yet another game we lost by one goal, and yet another game one of those goals we condeded was from a terrible bit of basic defending.

But yeah injuries. 
  • Have been driving home from a wedding for 7 hours so watched none of the game. Had hoped we could at least nab a point against 10 men. The festive schedule was always gonna be impossible with our injuries. Probabaly gonna be a similar story at Swansea
  • We played poor but in all honestly what could we bring in to change things? We really need some fresh blood as this bunch of players are knackered and a majority of them are not yet ready for championship football. We really need to start looking over our shoulder at the bottom of the table  :#
  • Leuth said:
    Question time
    If people arent happy with Bowyer's subs, what changes would they have made?
    Not taking off two players who have both experience and physical presence would have been a start
    So wo would you have taken off, who would you have brought on

Your response doesnt answer my question - Instead was a typical way to avoid answering it
  • Bonne now injured, serious questions have to be asked about the medical team, these injuries can't simply be down to bad luck
  • Running on fumes so the result is not surprising. Bonne injured then? The result of no rotation. Onto January, still would have settled for this position back in early August.
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Question time
    Not taking off two players who have both experience and physical presence would have been a start
    I’m surprised your mate had the pace to get off the pitch 
  • Full backs in the modern day can make or break a team, Solly and Purrington dont have the capabilities going forward 
  • Question time
    Matthew's for Solly would be a start.
    What when we've got to think of Thursday against Swansea?

Bowyer has to be careful when using those two as he's already demonstrated else its further players added to the injury table
  • Poor in the final 3rd,schoolboy defending at times. Played against 10 men for almost the whole match and hamers first serious save was in injury time. Nuff said. Put this one to bed. Hope for some takeover news asap. We need some reinforcements. Now.