Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season-ticket holders receive live access to watch every remaining game on Valley Pass

Comments

• As a valley pass member and a season ticket holder do I still need to sign up to watch the matches and pay for them? I e mailed valley pass yesterday but they haven't replied. I hope someone can answer my question as I am a self isolatin pensioner!
    No mate. As far as I'm aware, they'll just email you an activation code to use once you purchase it. Just log in normally after that.
  • clive said:
    Thankyou Gents.
  • A simple question.  Please help if you can.

On Wednesday I sent CAFC £10, so that I may watch the Hull game on my PC. Receipt of dosh was swiftly confirmed by e-mail.

What happens now?  Am I waiting for a code to be sent by e-mail?  And what should I do with it, when (or if) it arrives?

I am the same as you. Having received payment confirmation, I think if you have set up your login username and password, you simply login just before the game and you are good to go.

I thought the code was only relevant to those who are applying their season ticket monies for payment to see the games on Valley Pass.

If anyone thinks differently please advise.
  • edited June 2020
    I bought the 9 game pass this time yesterday so expecting an 8-digit Code some time today. I have set up Valley Pass for the first time and can get in on all of my devices; iPad, smart tv and mobile via internet and iPad and mobile via the VP app. I also have a laptop which I will try setting it up on later. 

I tried accessing the live stream at 8pm unsuccessfully yesterday on every device so am hoping that is because I hadn’t yet got/entered the 8-digit code. I also get an error code on my preferred device (65” smart tv) that stops me getting to the ‘my subscriptions’ page which is the place the codes are entered and accessed from.

Not panicking yet but a bit worried that someone on here said they did watch the LB interview live without the code. I also thought the club said you could test VP live WITHOUT any subscriptions. 

It’s really far more painful, time consuming and frustrating than it should be, eh!?
  • It's getting worrying that so few people have received their codes. Fully expecting a lot of us to miss out now.

How in 2020 is this not an automated system. Any other online service gives you a code the second you pay for it. 
  • edited June 2020
    Well, thanks to a number of members on here I think I’m as set up as I can be.  As yet I have not received my 8 digit code but am hopeful it will arrived today. To be honest I am expecting this not to work so if I actually get to see the game it will be a bonus. Kinda sums up all things CAFC at the moment. All together now lads “thiiiings can only get better.....tra la la”
  • A simple question.  Please help if you can.

On Wednesday I sent CAFC £10, so that I may watch the Hull game on my PC. Receipt of dosh was swiftly confirmed by e-mail.

What happens now?  Am I waiting for a code to be sent by e-mail?  And what should I do with it, when (or if) it arrives?

I am the same as you. Having received payment confirmation, I think if you have set up your login username and password, you simply login just before the game and you are good to go.

I thought the code was only relevant to those who are applying their season ticket monies for payment to see the games on Valley Pass.

If anyone thinks differently please advise.
    OK - That's good advice, Robin.  I registered with Valley Pass a few days ago - and made a note of my password; otherwise, you know...

So, you are saying I probably don't need a code.  Great - I shall tune in soon after 2 p.m. tomorrow...
  • Bought the package for the 9 games on Monday. Heard nothing till yesterday, despite two chasing emails, but the website guys sent me a code yesterday. Didn't work, so they sent me another overnight. This time the message is that this code has already been used. Getting a little frustrated.
  • It's getting worrying that so few people have received their codes. Fully expecting a lot of us to miss out now.

How in 2020 is this not an automated system. Any other online service gives you a code the second you pay for it. 
    That is the bit I don't get, you recieve the acceptance of the payment email straight away, but the code takes over 24 hours  (or more of not at all in some cases)

Appears we are charging more than any other Championship club for this but given a sub standard service
  • Sponsored links:

• JohnnyH2 said:
    It's getting worrying that so few people have received their codes. Fully expecting a lot of us to miss out now.

That is the bit I don't get, you recieve the acceptance of the payment email straight away, but the code takes over 24 hours  (or more of not at all in some cases)

Appears we are charging more than any other Championship club for this but given a sub standard service
    Season ticket holders would have needed a code even if it was free to them.
  • NugNug
    edited June 2020
    clive said:
    Thankyou Gents.
    I'd call, I filled out the form for 2 season tickets a few days ago and they said someone would be in touch. No-one has so far so I will be calling today.

EDIT: come to think of it I might wait till Monday looks like they will be busy sorting out Valley Pass codes today!
  • Sage said:
    Had very good and clear correspondence with the website team over the last 24 hours.

I received my code for this weekend and they explained that if you did not buy the remaining 9 games as one whole package, we will receive a code for each game instead.

They also said they will be running another test tonight as a lot more people would’ve received their codes so they can assess how Valley Pass copes with the demand again.

All in all, its been tough on everyone, the fans and themselves trying to get this right when the two systems aren’t linked. There are of course some clear learning curves to take out from this that they can then do better next time, but I am hopeful everyone who paid for a package will get their code in time ready for the game tomorrow.
    This is the one concern I have, I hope they're suitably prepared for the biggest amount of traffic they've probably ever had on Saturday.
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    It's getting worrying that so few people have received their codes. Fully expecting a lot of us to miss out now.

Are we charging more than other clubs? OS says that EFL rules states the minimum charge is £10 for a game and that's what we're doing. Or is it different pricing for St holders? 
  • Sage said:
    Had very good and clear correspondence with the website team over the last 24 hours.

I received my code for this weekend and they explained that if you did not buy the remaining 9 games as one whole package, we will receive a code for each game instead.

They also said they will be running another test tonight as a lot more people would’ve received their codes so they can assess how Valley Pass copes with the demand again.

All in all, its been tough on everyone, the fans and themselves trying to get this right when the two systems aren’t linked. There are of course some clear learning curves to take out from this that they can then do better next time, but I am hopeful everyone who paid for a package will get their code in time ready for the game tomorrow.
    To be fair to the club, these are extraordinary circumstances which (unlike the playoffs) they could never have been expected to plan for. 

If this pandemic had happened 10 years ago, there would have been no live streaming at all, we'd all just have accepted we'd miss the games, and hoped there would be a highlights show somewhere
  • Bought the 9 game package with my season ticket CAFC cash and received the 8 digit code which I've put in for the test run this morning. If I try to select the Bowyer video for Hull from the videos menu it still tells me I don't have sufficient access. If I select the Live Stream option it takes me directly to a test card with the message "Test Stream Successful."

Does anyone know if that means the code has worked or if it's just a general tech test?
    Thanks.   
  • edited June 2020
    Paddy7 said:
    Bought the 9 game package with my season ticket CAFC cash and received the 8 digit code which I've put in for the test run this morning. If I try to select the Bowyer video for Hull from the videos menu it still tells me I don't have sufficient access. If I select the Live Stream option it takes me directly to a test card with the message "Test Stream Successful."

Does anyone know if that means the code has worked or if it's just a general tech test?
    Thanks.   

Sounds like you're all good mate.

The reason why you can't watch the Bowyer conference now I think is because it's now exclusive to full Valley Plus subscribers, which I assume you are not...much like myself.

• Paddy7 said:
    Bought the 9 game package with my season ticket CAFC cash and received the 8 digit code which I've put in for the test run this morning. If I try to select the Bowyer video for Hull from the videos menu it still tells me I don't have sufficient access. If I select the Live Stream option it takes me directly to a test card with the message "Test Stream Successful."

Thanks.   
    I'm not 100% sure but I think the 9 game pass doesn't give us Valley Pass membership, only access to the live games. So we don't have access to the video you tried to access but will have access to Bowyers live press interview. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks Doc - just seen the update on the main site; the test run of the press conf is now complete, so restricted to full members again.
  • Paddy7 said:
    Thanks Doc - just seen the update on the main site; the test run of the press conf is now complete, so restricted to full members again.
    I think you are right.  I entered code yesterday and watched the presser 'live' but can't this morning.  If I look under my account in valley pass and click though to my subscriptions it has reference to "CAFC STVOUCHER" so I assume I'm good to go....
  • Is this free to season tickets holders because I’m a season ticket holder and brought the 0 game package 
  • 9🤣
  • Thanks Cat, that looks to be the case on mine too, now I know where to look!
  • edited June 2020
    I am not very technically proficient I admit but after a lot of attempts eventually saw something telling me I had £45 'Charlton Cash.' However it seems they also want to charge me £1.50 in ACTUAL money for something I have already paid for.

That is theft so fuck them. It is the principle not the amount. I will endeavour to reclaim my £45 in the future when I can summon up the mental strength and resilience to cope with the frustration of attemting to navigate Charlton's user unfriendly website once more.

I suspect the difficulties are deliberate in order to 'encourage' people to 'donate' to the Club. That is the one section that appears to be written in intelligible English rather than double glazing sales speak.

I know I am a useless c*** with computers but I cannot believe I am alone in suffering problems.

I'll rephrase that. I am not suffering problems. I've given up on it.

• Paddy7 said:

Thanks.   
    I watched the Bowyer interview last night at 8pm, so presume I'm ok.
    I just tried to watch a live stream to check for you & got the same "Test Stream Successful", so presume you're ok
  • I’ve put my code in, can see that I’ve got a subscription for the 19/20 season. Is there anyway of testing before tomorrow?
  • I’ve put my code in, can see that I’ve got a subscription for the 19/20 season. Is there anyway of testing before tomorrow?
    See the above post.