Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club For A Quid protest (Aug 2020)

Comments

• Options
    I know you probably can't say @Ollywozere but who came up with that statement ? 
    The comms team alongside the SMT. We spent a lot of time deliberating over it as it's an extremely sensitive subject. It's no secret that the staff generally are supportive of the fans and the planned protest today which I want to emphasise and we're desperate not to give any impression of an 'us against them' scenario as we are all in it together. 
    The actions of certain individuals shouldn't take away from the overall message of the protest, but some of the stuff was clearly unacceptable and only risks undermining that message. It does no damage to the likes of Elliott or Farnell, the only damage it does is to the staff that have to deal with it and to the reputations of those individuals themselves. 
    We wanted to strike that balance in the statement provided to media and I hope that's understandable to most. We don't want anyone to think there's any criticism of today's protest in general. 

Perhaps if they had piped up whilst the club has been torn apart the past few years days like today would not have happened.  Don't lecture proper fans whilst you have have sat there silent and pumping out the pro ownership stuff whilst rome burned. 

I would accept that tweet today if @cafcofficial had not sat by idley whilst people were ripping off the club but easy to give fans a kicking isn't it whilst staying silent on the real wronguns.

Shameful.

Absolutely this. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @Bedsaddick I’m done with rowing today but it was by someone who was there. And now the club are going to review footage and probably seek penalties for those who were peacefully protesting inside the ground, a few bad pennies have ruined it for all. The plight is lost. 

Think you're being a bit OTT mate.  

What the last collection of shitbags in the boardroom in an official capacity have been doing the past few years is well beyond anything that has gone on today.

Keep the fanbase united.  Don't let the fuckers divide and rule.  

You've taken a hammering on here today mate and no need for it as we all need to pull together not attack each other.  Don't agree with your views on the whole situation today but don't think fans should be rowing amongst ourselves. 

These northern monkeys and the drips that cling onto them for whatever reason will be doing everything they can to cause ructions within the fanbase to undermine the protests.  Same as when the CARD protests caused rifts in the fanbase.   

Better of united whilst the real enemies are still around and then once we have a half normal ownership and the actual football is the main concern we can all go back to our little tiffs but until then we should show a united front against those who will do far more harm to our club than anyone there today would in a million years regardless of whether it's poor form or not.

And fuck whoever wrote that official statement....get off your high horse and pipe up about the damage done to our club by your paymasters you utter cunts.  

Patronising wankers.

As per Olly's comment it was a combined statement from both the Comms team and Senior Management Team

Trouble is if someone has pissed in a sink etc. its not going to be Farnell / Elliott cleaning up is it?

I stand by what I wrote.
    @ValleyGary has come out with the most sensible course of action

As for sitting there in silence, would you prefer those working in the background the throw away their jobs in token gestures just to stand with the fans?

Ultimately what does that achieve if anything - Sometimes its better to remain in a job so you can at least try to protect what you love
  • Options
    The comms team alongside the SMT. We spent a lot of time deliberating over it as it's an extremely sensitive subject. It's no secret that the staff generally are supportive of the fans and the planned protest today which I want to emphasise and we're desperate not to give any impression of an 'us against them' scenario as we are all in it together. 
    The actions of certain individuals shouldn't take away from the overall message of the protest, but some of the stuff was clearly unacceptable and only risks undermining that message. It does no damage to the likes of Elliott or Farnell, the only damage it does is to the staff that have to deal with it and to the reputations of those individuals themselves. 
    We wanted to strike that balance in the statement provided to media and I hope that's understandable to most. We don't want anyone to think there's any criticism of today's protest in general. 

Cheers Olly
  • Options
    edited August 2020
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Bedsaddick I’m done with rowing today but it was by someone who was there. And now the club are going to review footage and probably seek penalties for those who were peacefully protesting inside the ground, a few bad pennies have ruined it for all. The plight is lost. 

Think you're being a bit OTT mate.  

What the last collection of shitbags in the boardroom in an official capacity have been doing the past few years is well beyond anything that has gone on today.

Keep the fanbase united.  Don't let the fuckers divide and rule.  

You've taken a hammering on here today mate and no need for it as we all need to pull together not attack each other.  Don't agree with your views on the whole situation today but don't think fans should be rowing amongst ourselves. 

These northern monkeys and the drips that cling onto them for whatever reason will be doing everything they can to cause ructions within the fanbase to undermine the protests.  Same as when the CARD protests caused rifts in the fanbase.   

Better of united whilst the real enemies are still around and then once we have a half normal ownership and the actual football is the main concern we can all go back to our little tiffs but until then we should show a united front against those who will do far more harm to our club than anyone there today would in a million years regardless of whether it's poor form or not.

And fuck whoever wrote that official statement....get off your high horse and pipe up about the damage done to our club by your paymasters you utter cunts.  

Patronising wankers.

As per Olly's comment it was a combined statement from both the Comms team and Senior Management Team

Trouble is if someone has pissed in a sink etc. its not going to be Farnell / Elliott cleaning up is it?

I stand by what I wrote.
    @ValleyGary has come out with the most sensible course of action

As for sitting there in silence, would you prefer those working in the background the throw away their jobs in token gestures just to stand with the fans?

Ultimately what does that achieve if anything?

No...but then don't come out and undermine today's protests by publicising out of order behaviour that will play into the hands of the enemy and divide the fanbase when you have kept entirely schtum about the wrong uns in charge for many years.  

Say something or nothing.   Cowards.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    There’s a long list of people involved in this whose face I’d love to wallop but Nad is right up there. Absolute joke of a man, really hate keyboard warriors. 
    I never like to add to the narrative, but you do realise that comments like this and the reactions from many people on social media is exactly what individuals like this grave.

Whether it's an angry retort, or a salient and correct counter argument, it does not matter, as getting any sort of reaction is a win for them.

I know it's pointless in saying it, but the best thing to do with individuals like this is to completely ignore them.
  • Options

Thanks for the response Olly.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I can't wait for Alan Nixon to write that statement up into an article for the Sun with all the juicy urination and thievery bits in bold
  • Options
    Couldn't go today, but impressed by the coverage I've seen.

Re. the poor behaviour - it is not something I'd do personally, but at the same time the club did not refund me booking fees for Hull or Cardiff tickets (£3 in total). If that is the same for others then I dare say that covers the cost of the wine and a games console.  And why is there even a console there anyway? Who goes to the Valley to play computer games? 

P*ssing in sinks is a bit low, and not really excusable, but it may be the situation quickly happened due to numbers there and available toilets. 

Anyway, the main point is I can forgive a fan p#ssing in a sink if it gets rid of ESI. 

• Options

Fair play for responding but I think that’s absolute bollocks to be frank. You’ve made the organisers and the people trying to save our club look absolute mugs.
    Again have they

Or have the idiots Stealing things and pissing in sinks done that all by themselves 
    Not condoning pissing in the sink and nicking of a games console. Just don’t understand why the club decided to go public with this. Could have been dealt with so differently but don’t really expect anything else from toss pots in charge of the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There’s a long list of people involved in this whose face I’d love to wallop but Nad is right up there. Absolute joke of a man, really hate keyboard warriors. 
    I never like to add to the narrative, but you do realise that comments like this and the reactions from many people on social media is exactly what individuals like this grave.

Whether it's an angry retort, or a salient and correct counter argument, it does not matter, as getting any sort of reaction is a win for them.

I know it's pointless in saying it, but the best thing to do with individuals like this is to completely ignlre them.
    Did you mean ignite them?  ;)
  • Options
    Pretty low level acts but I hope it gets washed away in the media. Maybe those responsible or their parents should bring them back into the club tomorrow to clean every non-Range Rover in the car park.
  • Options
    Apologies I orginaly put this on the wrong thread. 
    Airman, what’s wrong with making public the wrong doings of a few individuals? They have let us down. As the leader of Thanet Council I am staggered by your observation that maybe CAFC SHOULD NOT HAVE MADE  THESE OBSERVATIONS PUBLIC. These few individuals, thieving and urinating have let the organisers of this event down. Dodger and the rest keep up the peaceful protests up. Thank you. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    RoytheBoy said:
    Apologies I orginaly put this on the wrong thread. 
    Airman, what’s wrong with making public the wrong doings of a few individuals? They have let us down. As the leader of Thanet Council I am staggered by your observation that maybe CAFC SHOULD NOT HAVE MADE  THESE OBSERVATIONS PUBLIC. These few individuals, thieving and urinating have let the organisers of this event down. Dodger and the rest keep up the peaceful protests up. Thank you. 
    Second thread I've seen this post on now.
    What is your obsession with airman brown? 
    Give it a rest please