Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Why dont Midtjylland want him though going into a Champions League campaign 
  • Options
    Why dont Midtjylland want him though going into a Champions League campaign 
    He might only be English league 1 quality. Which is good for us. Not if you're prepping to face the best in Europe.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Seems he was dropped over the summer without explanation. Quick search of his name on twitter and a few fans seem confused by the decision to leave him out of matchday squads.

FCM have always had a focus on developing young players (only two registered players aged 30+ including Schwartz) so my impression would be that he was brought in as a six month stop gap and has now been dumped in favour of promoting an academy prospect.
  • Options
    Can we afford him?

I looked up Danish Supaliga footballers' salaries ..... and at quick glance found the average salary paid by clubs in that League was just under DKK 400,000 (Danish Kroner), which approximates to around £50k GB Sterling.

Now as that's only an average, I should imagine a topscoring DK Supaliga striker would command more than that ..... but even if you doubled it, that still comes in at around £100k GB Sterling = around £2k pw and conforms to current League One salary cap.

• Options
    Schwartz should add some much needed spice to our attack
    Likes a nutmeg.
    seasoned pro
    He’s getting there. Just needs a bit more Thyme. 
  • Options
    Schwartz should add some much needed spice to our attack
    Likes a nutmeg.
    seasoned pro
    He’s getting there. Just needs a bit more Thyme. 
    You are a wise old Sage.

• Options
    We can afford to pay whatever TS feels comfortable with. There is no footballing sanction for breaking the wage cap. I believe it's a 2 for 1 punishment, i.e the club are fined £2 for every £1 over the cap they spend. So if TS was comfortable spending £5.5m a year in wages, that would get Bowyer a £3.5m playing budget (£1m over the £2.5m cap with a £2m fine)
  • Options
    As good as he could be, we really don’t need another CM. 

Much rather some wingers, strikers and defenders 
    We really do. The only proper defensive-minded holding midfielder we have is Pratley and he's a thousand years old bless him. If we're going to play 4-3-3 then we'll only get away with a midfield of say JFC, Lapslie and Gilbey against weaker teams and after that we'll need a proper shield for the defence when we go up against stronger sides. If we revert back to the diamond it will be even more important.
    We have: 
    Pratley/Levitt
    Lapslie/Gilbey
    Morgan/JFC

I think 6 CMs is plenty. So many more areas of higher importance. 
    It's not about the number of players, it's whether they fill the right role. Gilbey is the box to box player to replace Gallagher. Lapslie works hard but we showed we didn't really have a replacement for him last season once Gallagher left. Morgan and JFC are deep-lying playmakers and from what I've heard about Levitt he's the same. It could be that he's also brilliant at breaking up play, I don't know a huge amount about him, but from what I've heard about him we need another midfielder to sit deep and protect the defence.
    Also, we can sign other players as well once this embargo is over, you don't have to just sign players by descending importance of position.
    But they are directly linked. We should be signing the right players for the role. Not signing players and then needing more for a particular role. Although I do agree about an out and out defensive midfielder, I’d accept that; although I don’t think Field fits that criteria

I never said we should be signing players in order of importance, but let’s not forget the salary cap. And whilst under an embargo, we absolutely should be concentrating on a couple of defenders first in case it never does get removed. 
    criterion
    Get a life ;)
    Are you sure you don't mean "Get a lives"? ;-)
    Congrats, it’s only taken you a week to come back with that belter...
  • Options
    We can afford to pay whatever TS feels comfortable with. There is no footballing sanction for breaking the wage cap. I believe it's a 2 for 1 punishment, i.e the club are fined £2 for every £1 over the cap they spend. So if TS was comfortable spending £5.5m a year in wages, that would get Bowyer a £3.5m playing budget (£1m over the £2.5m cap with a £2m fine)
    Thanks @randy andy

Hadn't seen that before.

Would make life a lot easier WHEN Sandgaard takes over.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Can we afford him?

I looked up Danish Supaliga footballers' salaries ..... and at quick glance found the average salary paid by clubs in that League was just under DKK 400,000 (Danish Kroner), which approximates to around £50k GB Sterling.

Now as that's only an average, I should imagine a topscoring DK Supaliga striker would command more than that ..... but even if you doubled it, that still comes in at around £100k GB Sterling = around £2k pw and conforms to current League One salary cap.

I did some figures recently and if we sign 4 players on perms I don’t think we’d go over the cap paying them 4K a week. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair point going forward but have to remember that our wage budget is going to be higher then that this season. This is because a large chunk of our players are on the divisional average but will be definitely be on more then that. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Can we afford him?

To be fair wages have to be damned high out there as even buying water can result in having to remortgage your house!! 
  • Options
    Thanks @randy andy

Hadn't seen that before.

Would make life a lot easier WHEN Sandgaard takes over.
    Looks like I spoke too soon. The monetary punishment is only for the first 5% over the cap, above that the club would get referred to a disciplinary panel.

It seems that any promotion bonus doesn't count towards the cap, so would be perfectly ok to offer each player a £50k promotion bonus

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/august/squad-salary-caps-introduced-in-league-one-and-league-two/
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    Can we afford him?

Sorry to quote myself. :neutral:

I'm still curious, so I kept digging ...... and came across this Danish article:
    https://acefootball.com/da/fodboldnyheder/avis-hoej-schwartz-loen-staar-i-vejen-for-skifte/

"According to Ekstra Bladet, Ronnie Schwartz gets 1.8 million kroner a year in FC Midtjylland, and that scares away suitors, according to the newspaper

It smells like a quick FC Midtjylland exit for last season's Superliga top scorer Ronnie Schwartz."

DKK 1.8m exchanges around £220k per year/ £4k pw.

(Don't tell the rest of the squad).

PS:  @flyingkiwiDK Ronnie Schwartz is nicknamed "the Plaffeminister" ....... how does this translate into English?

Something like 'hotshot top man' perhaps ?

• Options
    Schwartz completed his medical this morning btw.  He'll be able to join us as soon as the deal between TS and RD goes through and our transfer embargo is lifted
    Any idea of fees paid
  • Options
    Schwartz completed his medical this morning btw.  He'll be able to join us as soon as the deal between TS and RD goes through and our transfer embargo is lifted
    Any idea of fees paid
    No
  • Options
    Otherwise we'll have to sell George Lapslie? :hushed:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any idea of fees paid
    No
     No idea or no fee ?
  • Options
    Tripped over a pothole in the carpark. 
    Out for six months 
    He went to the local Screwfix to get something to fill the holes, but was not allowed in  :)
  • Options
    Can't wait until I read:

"Sandgaaard completed his takeover this morning btw. He'll be able to own us as soon as the EFL eventually get their finger out and our transfer embargo is lifted". 

Or something like that. :smile:

• Options
    This seems quite random... Not looking to dig him out, just wonder what connection there is, other than through sandgaard
  • Options
    Any idea of fees paid
    No
     No idea or no fee ?
    No idea 
  • Options

@flyingkiwiDK Ronnie Schwartz is nicknamed "the Plaffeminister" ....... how does this translate into English?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I bet he was relieved to get off that minibus outside Sparrows Lane, where the secret seven signings have been hidden away since Friday.
    Haha that made me laugh. Thanks mate. Got an image in my head now of a secret shed in sparrows lane with the secret players hiding in it until they can come out
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

@flyingkiwiDK Ronnie Schwartz is nicknamed "the Plaffeminister" ....... how does this translate into English?

A whales vagina.
    What, I didn't know Lyle Taylor played for Wales? :hushed: