Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    We talk about players regressing under bowyer. How about the lad from Swindon, has gone from being their best player to someone who can’t even last longer than 45 minutes in one of the worst Charlton teams in years. 
    Hence why Swindon were struggling in a relegation fight? - Bar was already set very low for him there

No doubt we thought he was better than that hence signing him but he's not just moved to a better club but is also having to up his level, after all he's no longer playing for a club that are in a relegation battle (lets cut the boring sarcastic responses!!) is he so has to up his own standards
    I’m not sure Charlton and Swindon are performing at that much of a different level are they?
    Bowyer talks about standards, but what standards have we seen this season? 
    Just the two sendings off today. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    We talk about players regressing under bowyer. How about the lad from Swindon, has gone from being their best player to someone who can’t even last longer than 45 minutes in one of the worst Charlton teams in years. 
    Hence why Swindon were struggling in a relegation fight? - Bar was already set very low for him there

No doubt we thought he was better than that hence signing him but he's not just moved to a better club but is also having to up his level, after all he's no longer playing for a club that are in a relegation battle (lets cut the boring sarcastic responses!!) is he so has to up his own standards
    I’m not sure Charlton and Swindon are performing at that much of a different level are they?
    Sorry I thought we were talking about Jaiyesimi... Why are you suddenly changing the discussion?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Either the players aren't as good as we thought they were or they're just playing for a manager who doesn't know how to get the best out of them. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Hence why Swindon were struggling in a relegation fight? - Bar was already set very low for him no doubt there
    We couldn’t beat them 
    And yet being higher in the league doesnt give us a devine right to beat them

If teams down the bottom never beat teams further up the League, this would be rather a boring predictable sport right?
    I never said we do. You said the bar was low because he was in a relegation fight. We’re in the same league against the same opposition. The point was he’s gone from being a star player in League 1 to someone who looks like he’s never played football. 

He’ll come good soon though, Bowyer improves players. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

Sorry I thought we were talking about Jaiyesimi... Why are you suddenly changing the discussion?
    I am and I haven’t change the discussion. You’re talking about level and standards I’m questioning what ‘level’ and ‘standards’ you are talking about
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Hence why Swindon were struggling in a relegation fight? - Bar was already set very low for him no doubt there
    We couldn’t beat them 

If teams down the bottom never beat teams further up the League, this would be rather a boring predictable sport right?
    I never said we do. You said the bar was low because he was in a relegation fight. We’re in the same league against the same opposition. The point was he’s gone from being a star player in League 1 to someone who looks like he’s never played football. 

Can't think of a single player who has improved this season...
  • Options
    Roddy obviously seeing what we all see!  Bowyers seeing him as the main threat to his job as in that statement about problem coming from within the club.   Would imagine Roddys on the phone to TS right now! 
    I read that statement as what had happened before TS had took over not currently. I may be wrong?
    Totally, he went on to say that those causing the problems then just disappeared.

No idea whether Roddy and Bowyer get on although given how Bowyer’s been calling out the players public ally I’d be surprised if Roddy was super impressed, don’t think these comments had anything to do with that.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    We couldn’t beat them 

I can only think of two. Omar Bogle and Paul Smyth 

When they left 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

I am and I haven’t change the discussion. You’re talking about level and standards I’m questioning what ‘level’ and ‘standards’ you are talking about
    Well when Jaiyesimi signed, one team were fighting for the Play-Offs, the other were fighting relegation that is a different level within the league isnt it? - However you sarcastically want to sugar coat it

As for changing the subject, why then are you suddenly talking about two sendings off when Jaiyesimi wasnt sent off today?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    So what's the concensus?

Is the issue:

A - Bowyer has lost the dressing room as suggested by a player to J Block

Or 

B - ThE PlAyErS ArEn'T gOoD eNoUgH.

Both 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK - you have been telling fans what many of them have only just worked out since the beginning of December and still they argue with you!!!!
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

Well when Jaiyesimi signed, one team were fighting for the Play-Offs, the other were fighting relegation that is a different level within the league isnt it? - However you sarcastically want to sugar coat it

As for changing the subject, why then are you suddenly talking about two sendings off when Jaiyesimi wasnt sent off today?
    Take a step back and breath.

What’s the difference in level between us and Swindon since he signed was my question, let me know if you can answer. 

I’m talking about setting standards that you mention in your post, what sort of standard are players adhering too when we get beat 3 zip and have 2 sendings off. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    We couldn’t beat them 

When they left 
    Aneke?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

Mate it’s the same league, it’s barely a different level. We’re half a dozen places above them. You’ve countered your own argument by alluding to anyone being able to beat anyone. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    We couldn’t beat them 

When they left 
    Aneke?
    Wouldn’t know, Bowyer doesn’t start him 
  • Options
    Get Coleman in for rest of the season.
  • Options
    So many players have made a good first impressions, then regressed

Gilbey (before the injury)
    Washington who had 5 goals in his first 10 games (albeit including penalties), but only 2 since
    Maatsen who looked the best LB in L1 when he joined, but who has struggled more as the season progressed
    Schwartz who had that great goal in his second match, but has been invisible in the last few matches
    DJ who looked exciting in his first sub appearance, but who has been subbed early 2 games running now

And that's not even counting the players who were dumped after 3 months like Bogle, Maddison and Smyth
  • Options
    Coleman isn’t going to leave Accrington for a job until the end of the season.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    We couldn’t beat them 

When they left 
    Aneke?
    11-goals in League One, only three behind his best tally which is equally at this level

Good job he didnt start him today, would have been sent off before HT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope he means John rather than Chris!!
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    We couldn’t beat them 

When they left 
    Aneke?
    11-goals in League One, only three behind his best tally which is equally at this level

Has Bowyer improved him or is it because he barely played last season and we’re in the league below? 
  • Options
    I presume he did. 

Although Olivia wouldn’t do worse than Bowyer at the moment. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    We couldn’t beat them 

When they left 
    Aneke?

Has Bowyer improved him or is it because he barely played last season and we’re in the league below? 
    Dont think thats Bowyer's fault
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    We couldn’t beat them 

When they left 
    Aneke?

Dont think thats Bowyer's fault
    Im not saying it is, but that’s not the point is it. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

I'd argue we were hardly fighting for the play offs when he joined. We may have been in a position near the play offs, albeit slightly artificially due to games in hand, but we had long since performed as a team that had any right to be near them. 
  • Options
    Chris.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Chris.
    Yea... No thanks - Bloke is a shocking Manager in club football
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    It’s just really sad to see this unfolding like this. I really don’t think he deserves some of the name calling. 

It seems something bigger has happened that has caused this and bowyer is angry and hurt but I can’t see a way back for him with these players. 

You don’t just become a bad manager overnight but he can’t fix this so best for everyone that he goes. Take a break and come back at another club refreshed. 

If bowyer lasts you maybe start to think Thomas and maybe even ged side with bowyer on what’s gone on but without knowing it’s hard for fans to take that view after watching the displays lately which are full of players not trying. 
  • Options
    Chris.
    Yea... No thanks - Bloke is a shocking Manager in club football
    Agreed, no thank you. Might get a bit more from the Welsh lot though. Shame we lost two in January
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!