Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    I'd regain some respect for Bowyer if he resigns tonight 
    Half a million pounds pay off or respect from Gravesend Addick.
    You decide :smile:
    Fair point 😀
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Well it's midday on Sunday and I can't but feel TS would have acted by now if he was going to remove LB after yesterday's fiasco. So I assume LB w I'll still be in charge on Tuesday. I'm amazed to be honest.

But the time has come for TS to say something. If he is not going to sack LB he needs to make it clear that LB retains his full support and will be allowed a full rebuild in the summer. 

Saying nothing is no longer an option. 
    Someone pointed out to me it was 5am in Colorado when I posted that earlier at midday. So it must be early afternoon there so I assume it will be as you are. 

I can only say again TS needs to say something soon. 

Why does he? He said when he came in that Lee was the man for the job. Unless anything has changed in his view he doesn't need to. I'm sure he is keeping in close contact with Bow.
    If he did say Bow had the dreaded 'support of the board' we wouldn't believe him.

He did, last week, through Jim White 
    So, Jim White is the voice of Thomas..
    Don't take too much notice of what White says myself now, but IF Thomas wanted to get a voice out there to show support to Bow, why rely on Whites hit and miss reporting, why not just put out a message on the OS, at least the people who matter, the fans would be sure to see it.
    I am not saying its right or wrong. 

Bowyer was interviewed by White, on national radio and White said "I have a text from TS saying you have his 100% support" or words to that effect.

You have to hide it in a more general interview. 
  • Options
    Looks like all this messing about with bowyer has cost us. We've know for weeks bowyer is not upto the job and now it looks like we've lost out on paul Cook to Ipswich!!!
  • Options
    Paul Lambert sacked, you'd expect them to appoint Paul Cook now. Be interesting to see how he does. 
  • Options
    Paul Lambert sacked, you'd expect them to appoint Paul Cook now. Be interesting to see how he does. 
    That's a bit of a kick in the balls 
  • Options
    I think we should be aiming higher and better than Cook.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's a bit of a kick in the balls 
    I think he was the best unemployed manager out there (for us). I’m sure Roddy will have a few in mind. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Certainly not disagreeing, but who would you have in mind? I’d say Cook is one of the better potential options. 
    Plenty of managers out there. Preferably one that has managed higher and had success above league one. Cook hasn’t as far as I know.
  • Options
    Certainly not disagreeing, but who would you have in mind? I’d say Cook is one of the better potential options. 
    Plenty of managers out there. Preferably one that has managed higher and had success above league one. Cook hasn’t as far as I know.
    Like? 
  • Options
    It’s an interesting one that, realistically you get someone who’s managed higher and you would think the only reason they’ve gone for a league one club is they’ve cocked up somewhere and they need the move down. People not impressed.

Get a more up and coming manager who hasn’t gone above league 1 and people say they want experience.

Realistically Paul Cook is a cracking appointment for any league 1 club. That said I don’t consider him being the one and only option so I don’t feel we’ve ‘missed out’.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Cook isn’t the answer, depends what your aspirations for the club are, other then the scalp of the current manager 
    Why not? A manager with a track record of promotions. Very unlucky to have a Championship relegation on his CV (admittedly Bowyer is the same but they got enough points to stay up, we didn’t). 

My only aspiration at the minute is to get out this league (up not down). I think it’s wishful thinking to believe we can attract a manager who has a proven record at getting a club to the Premier League. Can’t think of one realistic option. 
  • Options
    Without the 12 point deduction, Wigan would have finished 13th last season

He's won the L2 title with Chesterfield and Pompey, and the L1 title with Wigan

That's a cracking track record for a potential L1 manager
    Absolutely. I think a few are looking for someone who has done better at Championship level. Personally I think that’s unrealistic to think we can attract someone like that, but also not the immediate concern. We don’t need to be worrying about someone getting us to the Championship play offs, League 1 play offs would do! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Without the 12 point deduction, Wigan would have finished 13th last season

He's won the L2 title with Chesterfield and Pompey, and the L1 title with Wigan

That's a cracking track record for a potential L1 manager
    Finished 18th in his first year in the Championship

Wigan did well to stick by him as he had a shocking start to the season last year... Five wins in this period

Two defeats after it... starting from the 28th January

Am surprised he hadnt lost the dressing room by that stage
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    http://www.votvonline.com/home/the-2020-21-blogs/28-2-bowyer-unable-to-hold-back-the-tide-of-defeat/

More "short sighted and intellectually challenged" comment here :wink:.  Hard to argue with a single word of it.

I would go as far as saying its very well reasoned and balanced? 
    That is pretty much spot on for me.
  • Options
    Bowyer or no Bowyer I was very disappointed when we appointed a technical director. 

• Options
    I agree in a sense but who else out of a job would be a good choice? I’d like us to aim higher and at least approach Howe and put TS vision to him.  Alternatively we approach someone in a job. No one I really fancy in League One and I’m not well up on who is doing well in the Championship and if they are at a top eight Club would they be interested? Then we are on to either a tried and trusted option, Curbs or Powell, or a punt at someone with experience as a number two but wants a shot at a top job themselves, ie John Terry, Duncan Ferguson etc.
  • Options
    Please not John Terry, I’d really struggle to get behind that dickhead. I like Duncan Ferguson, I think he’s enjoying it at Everton though. 
    I was using him as an example, didn’t say I wanted him. Must be plenty of experienced assistants at both PL and Championship clubs who’d be interested.
  • Options
    Cook smacks me as a slightly better Robinson, and not the man you would see taking the club through two promotions.

Just not convinced, sorry about that
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Cook smacks me as a slightly better Robinson, and not the man you would see taking the club through two promotions.

Just not convinced, sorry about that
    I have little confidence we'd be able to attract a manager capable of taking us to the Prem. Not a proven one anyway, of course a punt like Lowe could but you couldn't have any confidence in it. 

From what I've read about Cook and his preference to stick to a certain formation I can see a comparison with someone like Robinson. But you can't argue with the bloke's ability to get teams promoted, it's factual. 
  • Options
    I don't think anyone is really looking for this appointment of manager to take us to the Premier League? And would be mental to expect that from anyone if they were. Was possible about 10 years ago maybe but there is so much money in the Championship now you can't do what Wolves/Southampton etc did when they ended up in League One now. All we need to do is get into the Championship and actually establish ourselves there again, and Cook seems pretty much the ideal candidate for that? Can start to dream bigger once we are in the mixer.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!