Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who / what do you want next?

Comments

• Options
    I can't remember the context of a conversation on the pre-match with Minto and Curbs but I do remember Minto saying 'oh you're not leaving the commentary' and Curbs saying 'no but watch this space'. I'm pretty certain it will be Curbs.
    Surely Curbs is more intelligent than being that blatant about it? 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Michael Beale is a local boy and good mates with Scott Parker, played in the academy but left after a falling out! His married to a girl that was in my year at school. Coached a few of my mates as kids and they still rave about him as a coach and as a person. Would be excited if he came and I’m sure his missus would be happy to come back to South East London after stints in Liverpool, Brazil and now Glasgow! 
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Come on lads you all wanted Bowyer out surely you had thought that through and decided who could take on the job after?
    Yeah we have @esseffect
     Have you not been reading the thread? 

Maybe you don’t recognise the names being mentioned due to limited football knowledge.

Or is there another reason you cannot see the suggestions?  
  • Options
    Tony Linnett for me
  • Options
    Lennie Lawrence was an outsider and took us to the top division with a lot of ownership problems and little money.
    And of course Jimmy Seed was a complete outsider
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    I can't remember the context of a conversation on the pre-match with Minto and Curbs but I do remember Minto saying 'oh you're not leaving the commentary' and Curbs saying 'no but watch this space'. I'm pretty certain it will be Curbs.
    As I said, I can't remember the context of the conversation. He said 'watch this space ' whilst having a laugh. I don't think it was particularly blatant as no-one thought Bow was going at that time. Bow and Curbs are close - they will have talked. My money's on him.
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Michael Beale is a local boy and good mates with Scott Parker, played in the academy but left after a falling out! His married to a girl that was in my year at school and  lived next door to my cousin. Coached a few of my mates as kids and they still rave about him as a coach and as a person. Would be excited if he came and I’m sure his missus would be happy to come back to South East London after stints in Liverpool, Brazil and now Glasgow! 
    Michael Beale reminds me of Steve Cooper at Swansea, and Neil Critchley at Blackpool, who both made their name in youth coaching at a high level, and had minimal playing careers. Indeed all 3 have been youth coaches at Liverpool
  • Options
    Curbs is currently 7/1 on SkyBet, and surely a good bet, always comments on "us" and "we" with Scott on VP, still feel he could do a great job with us and has management experience in him, albeit he has been out for some time, he still loves the club.
  • Options
    Lennie Lawrence was an outsider and took us to the top division with a lot of ownership problems and little money.
    You are correct in that Lennie never played for us but I think he was on the coaching staff before becoming manager.
  • Options
    To me Russell Martin seems a bit one dimensional. Yes his team plays lovely stuff, but the league table shows them in 15th, having scored 50 goal but also let in 50 goals. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    se9addick said:
    As I said, I can't remember the context of the conversation. He said 'watch this space ' whilst having a laugh. I don't think it was particularly blatant as no-one thought Bow was going at that time. Bow and Curbs are close - they will have talked. My money's on him.
    We’ll see! Sandgaard does strike me as the sort that wants to bring back the kind of family atmosphere (not sure if that’s the right way to describe it) and Curbs would create that sort of atmosphere so I could see it happening. I don’t think it would be a great idea, mind. 
  • Options
    It won’t be Wilder - I have a feeling the green and white hoops are calling.

It won’t be Curbs - too long out of day to day management. Possibly DoF with young manager (possibly JJ).

Howe is not out of the question, despite all those years in the Prem. We are a bigger club than Bournemouth, and if the package is right. Wouldn’t need to move either.

I basically have no idea, as long as it’s not Pulis or that big nosed stripey c*nt.

So, long shot - Howe.
  • Options
    You are correct in that Lennie never played for us but I think he was on the coaching staff before becoming manager.
    Reserve Team manager? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    esseffect said:
    Come on lads you all wanted Bowyer out surely you had thought that through and decided who could take on the job after?
    Genuine question. Why do you post? You seem to hate everyone on here.
    Probably gutted Bowyer walked out so he can’t complain he got sacked. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
     Curbs was having 'banter'with Minto and was talking about appearing in another Paddy Power advert, that was the context.
    My money's still on him!

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    Reserve Team manager? 
    Maybe but hard to recall as it was nearly 40 years ago now! 
  • Options
    He was talking about another Paddy Power advert wasn't he? 
  • Options
    Who the f**k is Beale?

And to think I got pelters once for recommending Souleymane Diawara after watching him on YouTube!

Do you people never learn?
  • Options
    Jason Pearce is normally fairly active on social media + he’s captain. Surprising (possibly telling) that he hasn’t made any comment yet. 
  • Options
    Who the f**k is Beale?

And to think I got pelters once for recommending Souleymane Diawara after watching him on YouTube!

Do you people never learn?
    Rangers first team coach.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Wilder or Howe please.
    one of these would be ideal - if not, somebody who has a proven record of getting promoted from league 1 (on more than one occassion and ideally, with more than 1 club)
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Wilder or Howe please.
    one of these would be ideal - if not, somebody who has a proven record of getting promoted from league 1 (on more than one occassion and ideally, with more than 1 club)
    100%
  • Options
    or if powell was appointed with curbs as dof or on the coaching staff somewhere (a la peacock) and jackson as coach, id be very happy with that 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!