Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    I haven’t given up on Ronnie think there’s a goalscorer there needs a chance a run of games 
    Hope so, felt for him a bit to be honest.🤞
  • Options
    He might be a finisher but he offered nothing else. He couldn’t link the play and couldn’t hold the ball up. Useless player for a mid table L1 side.

One more for the ‘clear out’ list
  • Options
    Would love to see us going for Grant at Lincoln......however I can see some Championship clubs showing interest.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    He might be a finisher but he offered nothing else. He couldn’t link the play and couldn’t hold the ball up. Useless player for a mid table L1 side.

Do you think he got a fair crack at it?  you could be spot on, but I’m not sure we saw enough to really know for sure. I may be clutching at straws also🤷🏻‍♂️. Think he’s worth a preseason look.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Maccn05 said:

Do you think he got a fair crack at it?  you could be spot on, but I’m not sure we saw enough to really know for sure. I may be clutching at straws also🤷🏻‍♂️. Think he’s worth a preseason look.
    How many games, in a season, do you throw away to give people a "fair crack"?

1? 2? 10? 20?  
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Maccn05 said:

1? 2? 10? 20?  
    I really don’t know, what I do know is our style of play didn’t give him the best chance, ironically the closest we got to playing him in a suitable formation was when Adkins took charge and played wingers, then we didn’t see the fella. When I say fair crack i mean in a suitable formation with the side playing for there manager and a team playing to his strengths. If then he doesn’t perform there are no excuses. To be fair we threw away plenty of games playing midfielders at cb and various other players out of position so we may aswell have given him more game time. Unless he was real pants in training, which none of us really know.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Maccn05 said:

1? 2? 10? 20?  
    Valid question, I don't think one start plus coming off the bench three or four times when the entire team was in the most wretched form of the whole season was a fair crack though. Giving him a pre season seems reasonable.

I agree. I think he needs to be given a proper chance.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Maccn05 said:

My opinion is he needs to be playing in a team that dominates possession and creates lots of chances for him - I’m pretty sure Midtjylland won the league in his season there explaining hot streak.

So we haven’t played in this way and from what I’ve seen or has anyone else ever seen him win the ball? Hold it up? Or even link the play with a pass or a flick round the corner... I think in one appearance he didn’t even touch the ball.

I've always felt it was a vanity signing by TS and not scouted by Gallen etc. He’s just not suited to L1 in my opinion unless we turn into a L1 version of Pep’s Citeh 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maccn05 said:
    paulfox said:
    Maccn05 said:

My opinion is he needs to be playing in a team that dominates possession and creates lots of chances for him - I’m pretty sure Midtjylland won the league in his season there explaining hot streak.

So we haven’t played in this way and from what I’ve seen or has anyone else ever seen him win the ball? Hold it up? Or even link the play with a pass or a flick round the corner... I think in one appearance he didn’t even touch the ball.

I've always felt it was a vanity signing by TS and not scouted by Gallen etc. He’s just not suited to L1 in my opinion unless we turn into a L1 version of Pep’s Citeh 
    Yes I get your point, most of the game time he had the game did pass him by, but we were god awful at the time aswell so trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, let’s not forget the goal he did score was definitely not a lucky strike as I saw it, there was certainly technique there. I don’t think anyone saw enough of him to be able to say he’s really good or really bad. I’m not certain Ts works that way, maybe he thought his goal record may be worth the risk with the bonus of being Danish? But in all honesty I certainly don’t begrudge Thomas a bit of vanity. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Maccn05 said:
    paulfox said:
    Maccn05 said:

I don't think we can honestly make a judgment though as he played during a period when a lot of players were 1) out of position, 2) out of form or 3) both. He didn't look good but absolutely no-one else did either.

There's a place for a pure goal scorer especially at league one. BWP wasn't the biggest, or the quickest and certainly didn't set up chances for anyone else but in the right team he was lethal - potentially that's what Schwartz could bring.
    Yes agreed👍
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    paulfox said:
    Maccn05 said:

He was leading the league in scoring for a lower table team and Midtjylland bought him to get them over the finish line mid season. They then bought a couple of strikers for high fees and they kept him out of the team apparently... 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Maccn05 said:

1? 2? 10? 20?  

Give him 38 appearances next season. If he only scores 15 goals, he's out.
  • Options
    I rather fancy that Lincoln will be needing to offload some key players.....they aren’t exactly in a good position financially.
    I think most of their better players are loans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd be happy with any of Montsma, Edun, Grant, Walsh, McGrandles and Bridcutt. A few of the loan players like Eyoma and Johnson were excellent for them too but are likely to get Championship moves. 
  • Options
    I'd be happy with any of Montsma, Edun, Grant, Walsh, McGrandles and Bridcutt. A few of the loan players like Eyoma and Johnson were excellent for them too but are likely to get Championship moves. 
    Thought Bridcutt when I was watching the Final but at 32 now is he a bit too old for the squad Adkins wants?
  • Options
    Thought Edun looked outstanding this afternoon.
  • Options
    I also would ideally have both doing well next season, for the good of Charlton,however if chuks wants to jog on he will and I personally wouldn’t be that bothered.we don’t know how Ronnie will pan out, we can only hope for good things🤞.
  • Options
    Thought Bridcutt when I was watching the Final but at 32 now is he a bit too old for the squad Adkins wants?
    Quite likely but a good player at this level. I’d rather the others mentioned though. McGrandles and Gilbey in the middle could be very good. 
  • Options
    Strange that one goal Ronnie needs to be given a chance but 15 goal Chuks can jog on.

Personally, I hope they both do well with us next season but I know who did the most next last season.
    I don't think it's the same people saying both things though. Feels a bit disingenuous there.

Certainly I've been supportive of both getting another chance should they want it.
  • Options
    I like Bridcutt but would he be an upgrade on Pratley? Remember Watson was preferred when they were both at Forest. 
  • Options
    At their respective ages (and mobility) Bridcutt would be a massive upgrade... a player I’ve always rated but he’s blown hot and cold a different clubs bit of an enigma.

Somebody suggested Jorge Grant is Holland’s like! That is crazy! he’ll be playing for a top Championship club soon enough. A top prospect!

The right back played well today too.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!