Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Maccn05 said:
    At their respective ages (and mobility) Bridcutt would be a massive upgrade... a player I’ve always rated but he’s blown hot and cold a different clubs bit of an enigma.

Somebody suggested Jorge Grant is Holland’s like! That is crazy! he’ll be playing for a top Championship club soon enough. A top prospect!

The right back played well today too.

Crazy? Matty Holland was an accomplished Premier League player. Or are we discussing someone else?
  • Options
    Strange that one goal Ronnie needs to be given a chance but 15 goal Chuks can jog on.

Personally, I hope they both do well with us next season but I know who did the most next last season.

And what a lovely goal it was.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Major said:
    Maccn05 said:
    At their respective ages (and mobility) Bridcutt would be a massive upgrade... a player I’ve always rated but he’s blown hot and cold a different clubs bit of an enigma.

Somebody suggested Jorge Grant is Holland’s like! That is crazy! he’ll be playing for a top Championship club soon enough. A top prospect!

Crazy? Matty Holland was an accomplished Premier League player. Or are we discussing someone else?

Think he means Danny Hollands
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I think Thomas and Nigel are binding their time. They will strike and get the necessary players. I'm almost tempted to start my 'countdown to promotion' thread. 
    Now your talking.... B)
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

I think the point was that signing Grant and another from Lincoln would be like when we signed Hollands and Wiggins from Bournemouth. Both clubs lost in the playoffs. It’ll be interesting to see if Lincoln hold on to their better players and challenge again next season.

• Options
    Congratulations Tomer Hemed currently 10 goals in 12 games for Wellington Phoenix in the A league.👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Decent striker ..... oh wait a min 
    Found his level, good luck to him. Australian football league standard is dreadful though.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    paulfox said:
    Maccn05 said:
    He might be a finisher but he offered nothing else. He couldn’t link the play and couldn’t hold the ball up. Useless player for a mid table L1 side.

One more for the ‘clear out’ list
    Do you think he got a fair crack at it?  you could be spot on, but I’m not sure we saw enough to really know for sure. I may be clutching at straws also🤷🏻‍♂️. Think he’s worth a preseason look.
    My opinion is he needs to be playing in a team that dominates possession and creates lots of chances for him - I’m pretty sure Midtjylland won the league in his season there explaining hot streak.

So we haven’t played in this way and from what I’ve seen or has anyone else ever seen him win the ball? Hold it up? Or even link the play with a pass or a flick round the corner... I think in one appearance he didn’t even touch the ball.

I've always felt it was a vanity signing by TS and not scouted by Gallen etc. He’s just not suited to L1 in my opinion unless we turn into a L1 version of Pep’s Citeh 
    Agree with Maccn05, this is a TS signing- but he bailed us out big time so let him indulge his whims-
    he'll be putting his hand in his pocket for a long time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    Strange that one goal Ronnie needs to be given a chance but 15 goal Chuks can jog on.

Personally, I hope they both do well with us next season but I know who did the most next last season.
    I don't think it's the same people saying both things though. Feels a bit disingenuous there.

Certainly I've been supportive of both getting another chance should they want it.
    No @thenewbie same person
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

I don't think it's the same people saying both things though. Feels a bit disingenuous there.

Certainly I've been supportive of both getting another chance should they want it.
    Well maybe so then. But then I suppose it's natural to try and fill in the gaps when there's not a lot of news. Not that it's anyone to blame for the lack of change either but human nature means that anything we hear gets the Chinese whispers treatment.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    If we did get Fanewo that would be the left sided centre back position sorted if Pearce stays as cover. It would be even better if in additionwe signed Connor Ogilvie as a left back because he can cover there as well. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:

Well maybe so then. But then I suppose it's natural to try and fill in the gaps when there's not a lot of news. Not that it's anyone to blame for the lack of change either but human nature means that anything we hear gets the Chinese whispers treatment.
    Agree, we don't know what Aneke, or Ronnie, are thinking and even if one or both are looking at other options that doesn't mean they should be totally rejected.

It's not a marriage, it's a job offer.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    If we did get Fanewo that would be the left sided centre back position sorted if Pearce stays as cover. It would be even better if in additionwe signed Connor Ogilvie as a left back because he can cover there as well. 
    Do we know how much Norwich rate Famewo in terms of a transfer fee? 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Imagine higher than we do but that's where Gallen's negotiation skills come in.

Smaller fee up front, add on and sell on fees maybe.

Assuming Akin wants to come back
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Imagine higher than we do but that's where Gallen's negotiation skills come in.

Smaller fee up front, add on and sell on fees maybe.

Assuming Akin wants to come back
    Any club looks at their own with rose tinted glasses and a drop to league 1 probably isn’t on Akin’s ‘ideal’ list but if we did successfully negotiate with Norwich, I would hope that he could see the potential (after last season) of playing alongside Inniss next season in a team fighting for top two.

He would be a fantastic acquisition but I’m not confident.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    the Innis and Famewho partnership, relatively speaking, appears to be tried and tested so hopefully we push the boat out to try and secure it for next season - likewise, stockley is a s tried and tested as a target man as u r going to get in this division so similarly, we will hopefully secure him   

Our last three promotions from this level have had reliable central defensive partnerships . Last time Bauer and Pearce with Bielik and Sarr as back up 11/12 Morrison and Taylor with Cort covering and even 80/81 when Les Berry and Peter Shaw provided an effective partnership which helped take us up . 
  • Options
    We signed anyone yet?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    We signed anyone yet?
    Yes
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    We signed anyone yet?
    Yes
    Hurrah!
  • Options
    Aguero has turned us down and gone abroad.

Too old for us anyway
    Not tall enough either 
  • Options
    Aguero has turned us down and gone abroad.

Too old for us anyway
    Too old and too short makes him the wrong type.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!