Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    _nam11 said:
    Looking at previous posts...Maybe the reason we have not signed all the other players (that other teams have signed), is because we weren't interested in them, in the first place?

NA will have a way of playing, a structure. We will therefore buy/loan players who fit into that system. SG will know each player of their strengths and weaknesses, and whether or not they fit into NA's system. 

All of the players listed on the previous 500 pages...some we all think are good, some are bad. Either way, it doesn't necessarily mean they will be very good/bad for us.

SG, I would be tasked to find players to suit a way of playing. SG to find the players that fit the system, not find the system once you have recruited a random set of 'good players'.

If we just 'scatter gun' and bring in quantity, and not quality, this is when you can start accumulating "deadwood" on expensive contracts. All of which, is a waste of money, and isn't sustainable.
    This is spot on, we have missed out on ONE first choice player to a league 1 club.  One we really wanted.  TWO have gone to the championship, both to Birmingham.

Within 48 hours of knowing we missed out on our 1st choice keeper we moved and got our second choice.  We got our first choice center back in, and had to be imaginative to do so.  We got our 1st choice center forward, despite some, if not all, of the other big clubs wanting him. 
    You don't become a pin up boy for Sky Sports if you're a "Brainless Bimbo" you know. ;)
  • I had a potential rumour this morning ……..

I was driving on the a2 towards Bexleyheath and was behind a Range Rover with the number plate tuck 5.

obviously tucker driving from gillingham to new eltham to sign a contract right? 

I over took the car to verify the driver so that I can post on here and be added in green to dazzlers list. But…..

the car was being driven by an angry looking middle aged woman.

unless tuckers mum drives him places, I don’t think it wa s him.
    Appreciate the effort, it was worth it even if you find out you got caught speeding.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Why do people get so bothered about posters like Ronnie Moore? Just ignore him if you think he’s posting nonsense. Honestly this thread has been a car crash all summer, used to be quite fun checking into the rumours thread in years gone by but its just silly squabbling with no actual rumours. 
    This. He's posting rumours on a rumours thread. And people are getting angry about it. Ffs. If his pists annoy you, ignore them. He 's done nothing to merit some of the shit slung his way.
    but they are not rumours just made up bollocks and then when he says it was in the local Plymouth rag it quite clearly wasn't so more made up bollocks. I'm all for people posting actually rumours/whispers that may have heard from somewhere or other but to come on and just make things up? 
    Also announced that Mullin and Tucker had both signed. There was someone else as well (can't remember who) but when he signed for another club he claimed he'd only posted it as a joke 
    If your going print rubbish get your facts right .. that was not me so I expect an apology don’t expect I get one from
    someone hiding behind a keyboard 
    Do you really want someone to go through and highlight all the made up nonsense you have spouted though? 
    Wouldn't be a bad idea - ronnie is very optimistic and has a high rumour rate no doubt about it but part of me thinks he's getting a bit of a rough deal here coz some of the usual heavyweight bores have decided he's a troll - lets see the charge sheet !!
  • Uboat said:
    Over 100 comments read whilst in the queue for something to eat in Ikea. I got exited when I saw Andy Fair-weather’s name…. And then soon realised he is just another Joe Gomes. 
    #thoughtsandprayers
    It’s the meatballs - I can never resist. 
    it's the only reason I ever agree to (rarely) go there
  • Oggy Red said:
    From what I hear we are still bidding on players but the other clubs want more than we're offering.

Now you can spin that as "we're being sensible and not being held to ransom, we'll go back nearer the end of the window and get a lower price"

Or

"we're being unrealistic and TS is too tight/skint to spend what's needed to get promotion"

depending on how full/empty your glass is.
    I know two league one clubs have quoted us ridiculous prices for strikers .. even after we made very good offers ( more then Stockley price ) 
    No you don’t 
    Yes I do cause I have people who live in Plymouth and it was all over there local news 

I live within commuting distance of Plymouth, have several Argyle mates ..... and haven't heard anything.

Me too. Nada. Zilch. Nowt.
  • Oh god please let us not lose to Sheffield Wednesday next Saturday. The justified celebrants of doom (band name copyright:me) will be something to behold.
  • If we could get one more in before next Saturday, someone who can play across the front three, that would be spot on. However, Washington has looked very sharp the whole pre season and has solidified that position on LW.
    Without a LB in the Wiggins mould, I’m not sure playing Washington regularly at LW is a great idea. Would put pressure on Morgan and DJ to create, as not much will come from the left side.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Why do people get so bothered about posters like Ronnie Moore? Just ignore him if you think he’s posting nonsense. Honestly this thread has been a car crash all summer, used to be quite fun checking into the rumours thread in years gone by but its just silly squabbling with no actual rumours. 
    This. He's posting rumours on a rumours thread. And people are getting angry about it. Ffs. If his pists annoy you, ignore them. He 's done nothing to merit some of the shit slung his way.
    but they are not rumours just made up bollocks and then when he says it was in the local Plymouth rag it quite clearly wasn't so more made up bollocks. I'm all for people posting actually rumours/whispers that may have heard from somewhere or other but to come on and just make things up? 
    Also announced that Mullin and Tucker had both signed. There was someone else as well (can't remember who) but when he signed for another club he claimed he'd only posted it as a joke 
    If your going print rubbish get your facts right .. that was not me so I expect an apology don’t expect I get one from
    Do you really want someone to go through and highlight all the made up nonsense you have spouted though? 
    Wouldn't be a bad idea - ronnie is very optimistic and has a high rumour rate no doubt about it but part of me thinks he's getting a bit of a rough deal here coz some of the usual heavyweight bores have decided he's a troll - lets see the charge sheet !!
    He made up a rumour about a player that doesn’t even exist last week. 

Today it’s stuff from ‘local news sources’ in 2021, literally everything is online.

100% nailed on WUM . 
    enough seem to agree with you but information can get lost in translation sometimes before it gets posted up 
  • I was expecting a new signing before tomorrows game but that's now probably a no goer. Hopefully there's a couple lined up for Monday-Tuesday next week that can then come in next Saturday for the opening game. 
  • With so many clubs waiting to make their moves it’ll be interesting to see what players have mystery injuries before the opening games of the season. 
  • Plymouth have turned down an other from fellow league one side Charlton Athletic for young striker Luke Jephcott fee believed to be 600,000 . Jephcott recently signed a new deal with the club

Was sent this by my nephew who lives near Plymouth it is a week old now …. 

Although I did find this gem on page 395. Posted July 19.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a reputable source online.
  • 60 new posts. More rowing, crap jokes and no rumours.
    Meh. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    There's no way we'd have made a bid for Luke Jephcott and it not have got out somewhere   
    To be fair, he didn’t mention Jephcott by name. 

It could’ve been for that other Plymouth striker he mentioned last week. Randell was it? 

Oh he doesn’t exist? Never mind.
    Pretty sure that was Addick59 as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    Edwards is not on trial with us 
    Who says .. ?
    Cawley.

Who says he is? 
    Cawley was not talking about Edwards but the two Cardiff players linked to us …. 
    Cawley was talking about Edwards. As the tweet was about Edwards! *The two Cardiff players are Sol Bamber and NML, who actually plays for Middlesbrough, or at least last did.   The source of the Bamber and NML rumour, your never guess. 
  • edited July 2021
    I would love to say I was looking forward to a new unveiling at Fulham tomorrow of a good big(ish) signing, but, unfortunately if not tomorrow, we are down to our starting 11 v The Wendies, however we live in hope, and we all know it's the hope that kills you. B)
  • Our starting 11 will be a good way to start the match. I'd be concerned if we didn't play our starting 11.
  • From what I hear we are still bidding on players but the other clubs want more than we're offering.

Now you can spin that as "we're being sensible and not being held to ransom, we'll go back nearer the end of the window and get a lower price"

Or

"we're being unrealistic and TS is too tight/skint to spend what's needed to get promotion"

I know two league one clubs have quoted us ridiculous prices for strikers .. even after we made very good offers ( more then Stockley price ) 

A world of fantasy, why do you do it?
    It's very sad.

• edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    _nam11 said:
    Looking at previous posts...Maybe the reason we have not signed all the other players (that other teams have signed), is because we weren't interested in them, in the first place?

NA will have a way of playing, a structure. We will therefore buy/loan players who fit into that system. SG will know each player of their strengths and weaknesses, and whether or not they fit into NA's system. 

All of the players listed on the previous 500 pages...some we all think are good, some are bad. Either way, it doesn't necessarily mean they will be very good/bad for us.

SG, I would be tasked to find players to suit a way of playing. SG to find the players that fit the system, not find the system once you have recruited a random set of 'good players'.

If we just 'scatter gun' and bring in quantity, and not quality, this is when you can start accumulating "deadwood" on expensive contracts. All of which, is a waste of money, and isn't sustainable.
    This is spot on, we have missed out on ONE first choice player to a league 1 club.  One we really wanted.  TWO have gone to the championship, both to Birmingham.

Within 48 hours of knowing we missed out on our 1st choice keeper we moved and got our second choice.  We got our first choice center back in, and had to be imaginative to do so.  We got our 1st choice center forward, despite some, if not all, of the other big clubs wanting him. 
    See, this is very logical and (in my mind) backs up my theory. If we'd been after x,y or z then we would have got them. We weren't....so we didnt. Not saying there isn't a player we are still hoping to do a deal for (Kirk maybe) but TS is not going to push the boat out, despite what he has said over the past 10 months. If the selling club relents at the 11th hour, then great. If not its onto the loan market.

Well, that's my theory anyway and stacks up because we really haven't been linked with anyone, despite needing a big overhaul of the squad. No leaks from the club....no snippets from those ITK. Even Peter O'Rouke and Alan Nixon have been rather quiet. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    From what I hear we are still bidding on players but the other clubs want more than we're offering.

Or

No you don’t 
    Yes I do cause I have people who live in Plymouth and it was all over there local news 

I live within commuting distance of Plymouth, have several Argyle mates ..... and haven't heard anything.

Don't lie.
  • Why do people get so bothered about posters like Ronnie Moore? Just ignore him if you think he’s posting nonsense. Honestly this thread has been a car crash all summer, used to be quite fun checking into the rumours thread in years gone by but its just silly squabbling with no actual rumours. 
    Only one person to blame for that.
  • Why do people get so bothered about posters like Ronnie Moore? Just ignore him if you think he’s posting nonsense. Honestly this thread has been a car crash all summer, used to be quite fun checking into the rumours thread in years gone by but its just silly squabbling with no actual rumours. 
    The irony.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!