Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• I've heard we will get at least 2 Loans in by 31August. 

Source Ronnie Moore/addick59
    Do you know how they know? It’s because there are the 2 loan signings. Ronnie Moore is coming in from Plymouth. 
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    _nam11 said:
    Looking at previous posts...Maybe the reason we have not signed all the other players (that other teams have signed), is because we weren't interested in them, in the first place?

NA will have a way of playing, a structure. We will therefore buy/loan players who fit into that system. SG will know each player of their strengths and weaknesses, and whether or not they fit into NA's system. 

All of the players listed on the previous 500 pages...some we all think are good, some are bad. Either way, it doesn't necessarily mean they will be very good/bad for us.

SG, I would be tasked to find players to suit a way of playing. SG to find the players that fit the system, not find the system once you have recruited a random set of 'good players'.

If we just 'scatter gun' and bring in quantity, and not quality, this is when you can start accumulating "deadwood" on expensive contracts. All of which, is a waste of money, and isn't sustainable.
    This is spot on, we have missed out on ONE first choice player to a league 1 club.  One we really wanted.  TWO have gone to the championship, both to Birmingham.

Within 48 hours of knowing we missed out on our 1st choice keeper we moved and got our second choice.  We got our first choice center back in, and had to be imaginative to do so.  We got our 1st choice center forward, despite some, if not all, of the other big clubs wanting him. 
    See, this is very logical and (in my mind) backs up my theory. If we'd been after x,y or z then we would have got them. We weren't....so we didnt. Not saying there isn't a player we are still hoping to do a deal for (Kirk maybe) but TS is not going to push the boat out, despite what he has said over the past 10 months. If the selling club relents at the 11th hour, then great. If not its onto the loan market.

Well, that's my theory anyway and stacks up because we really haven't been linked with anyone, despite needing a big overhaul of the squad. No leaks from the club....no snippets from those ITK. Even Peter O'Rouke and Alan Nixon have been rather quiet. 
    How soon before we signed Famewo, Clare and Dobson were we linked with them in the media (not counting fans speculating about Famewo)? I’m sure it was either hours or a few days at most. Only Stockley and CM were linked weeks before we signed them.

A lack of media speculation isn’t proof we’re not trying to sign players (and yes it isn’t proof we are either).
    I suggested a few weeks ago that the new regime and management weren't as cosy with the media as previous ones specifically in relation to our targets. There were a number of reasons why the former outfit wanted us to believe that we were after x, y and z even though we were never in the hunt for them and as many reasons why the new one does not want such information leaked until the deal is more or less done.
    There might be truth in that but we’re not even seeing much speculation coming out from other clubs, e.g. SLP equivalent for the clubs we’re making offers to, or agents via Peter O’Rourke. You’d think that would be out of our control.
  • Just heard from two blokes slugging it out in Macro car park that we are going to announce Ronnie Moore on Monday. 
  • edited July 2021
    Just heard from two blokes slugging it out in Macro car park that we are going to announce Ronnie Moore on Monday. 

Are ya? Who's that then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Just heard from two blokes slugging it out in Macro car park that we are going to announce Ronnie Moore on Monday. 

Who's that then?
    Colin. 
  • Valley11 said:
    So what is the reason for waiting?
    We know Nigel wanted the squad in place for pre season games and whatever way you cut it, we need a number of players. 
    Is it that Thomas doesn’t want to pay agent fees, that players are waiting to receive the final month’s salary from a previous contract and/or better loan players become available at the end of the transfer window?
    Or is it a reluctance to pay transfer fees? (Yes I know we spent money on Clare and Stockley). 

This isn’t a dig before the masses pile on with yet more ‘everything will be fine, stop moaning!’. Just interested. 

My guess is, and it's just a presumption, NA's budget is not as big as he was expecting.

Unlike small clubs like Accrington Stanley/Crew etc, CAFC with higher expenses cannot afford to hang around in this shit league.
    So it makes sense, at least to me that we will invest in 1 or 2 quality players.
  • Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    I think our loan signings will be better this season, we no longer have to beg other clubs.
    Are you not hearing anything? Or burned by last year?
    Haven't heard anything, haven't asked...
    why?????
  • PopIcon said:
    You lot need to grow up, sniping at fellow lifers. If you don't like what they say ignore them. This thread is getting like the Charlton fans Facebook page.
    We need a mute button like Twitter, then everyone can avoid who they want, lucky it doesn't exist as otherwise I would be conversing with myself now.
  • Oh god please let us not lose to Sheffield Wednesday next Saturday. The justified celebrants of doom (band name copyright:me) will be something to behold.
    Yeah, and Bartrams will be renamed Doom Bar.
    Guess which Cornish beer will be the only drink they'll be serving?

• edited July 2021
    Just to throw it out there, before it's mentioned on the new other place as more posters piling in on Bexley Boy... 

Neither Oggy, CornwallAddick or Telly Tubby have a posting history that can be construed as bullying. 

I hope that forum does well as it's good to be able to see different views across different forum platforms.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Just to throw it out there, before it's mentioned on the new other place as more posters piling in on Bexley Boy... 

Neither Oggy, CornwallAddick or Telly Tubby have a posting history that can be construed as bullying. 
    Wheresmeticket also lives in Cornwall. He won't want to feel left out. :warning:

• Oggy Red said:
    Oh god please let us not lose to Sheffield Wednesday next Saturday. The justified celebrants of doom (band name copyright:me) will be something to behold.

Proper Job? 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Wheresmeticket also lives in Cornwall. He won't want to feel left out. :warning:

Maybe he was left out because Dazzler thinks he’s a bully?
  • Want to see for yourself which Plymouth players are rumoured to be signing for CAFC?

This is the Argyle forum which some of my mates use:
    https://pasoti.co.uk/

• cfgs said:
    PopIcon said:
    You lot need to grow up, sniping at fellow lifers. If you don't like what they say ignore them. This thread is getting like the Charlton fans Facebook page.
    We need a mute button like Twitter, then everyone can avoid who they want, lucky it doesn't exist as otherwise I would be conversing with myself now.
    Who said that?
  • Deciding to check this thread weekly.....obviously the inactivity shows we are going with the yoof......mid table mediocrity here we come 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Oh god please let us not lose to Sheffield Wednesday next Saturday. The justified celebrants of doom (band name copyright:me) will be something to behold.

Proper Job? 
    They can serve Proper Job when we win. Proper Job!

• Scoham said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Maybe he was left out because Dazzler thinks he’s a bully?
    No, probably left out because his jokes are even worse than mine! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!