Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Women to rebrand as "Charlton Ladies" - turned down by FA (p28)

Comments

• Options

said:
    Off_it said:
    DOUCHER said:
    For something you think the majority of our fans think nothing about, you seem to have quite a bit to say about it @DOUCHER 🧐🤷‍♀️

If you really don’t care, I dunno, why don’t you stop going on about it?

Just a thought.
    coz i'm bored 
    Not half as bored as us women being told to stop bleating on about stuff by men who say they don’t care anyway 🙄
    I'm not sure why you seem intent on turning it into a "men vs women" issue when it is absolutely clearly not the case. The comments on this thread, in both directions, prove that.

Now, you done your cleaning?

(Thats a joke by the way!)
    I think you’ll find the men v women thing was born out of @DOUCHER boredom.

I was happy to play his silly game yesterday, it was quite easy sport imho as I knew he was just being a dick.

As B has pointed out (along with several others) it isn’t about what any of us think.
    If the players, staff, FA etc don’t want to be called Ladies that really should be that.

But it won’t be & we’ll go round & round until hopefully TS sees that all this is just an unnecessary distraction.
    Oi .. Don’t bring me into this 
  • Options
    edited December 2021

I think I'm missing something on many posts on the forum.  I can see there's a twitter link from Henry Irving when I reply to this, which I couldn't see on his original post and again when I post my comment it disappears.  Is there a setting somewhere perhaps needs adjusting?

NB Had a similar problem with the anti-vaxers post on the Covid thread.

• Options
    @man_at_milletts which version of the site are you using - mobile/desktop and forum.charltonlife.com / charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com? And can you post a screenshot of what you see?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    W10 desktop.  forum.charltonlife.com

• Options
    edited December 2021

• Options
    edited December 2021

• Options
    @man_at_milletts I've moved the discussion of the embedding tweets problem over to a new thread: https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/93215/issues-with-embedding-tweets#latest

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    This chap always seems to post moronic inflammatory shite.
  • Options
    I feel really let down on this issue and it will massively impact whether I buy into what he’s trying to do here.
  • Options
    Could he just be doing it to flush out some idiots on tw@tter, add them to some kind of database?
    I mean I do think this makes Thomas look stupid but that stupidity has been far exceeded by some of the ‘boys’ defending him…..
  • Options
    The decision was made 7 months ago. Apparently the communication department at the club has been a little clumsy as it how the change got implemented. That’s why it’s got probably got a lot more attention than it probably would have if if had been done at the end of last season.

His words in the article 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Could he just be doing it to flush out some idiots on tw@tter, add them to some kind of database?
    I mean I do think this makes Thomas look stupid but that stupidity has been far exceeded by some of the ‘boys’ defending him…..
    Then you are going down the Oldham route and that would cause more bad publicity. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    shirty5 said:
    The decision was made 7 months ago. Apparently the communication department at the club has been a little clumsy as it how the change got implemented. That’s why it’s got probably got a lot more attention than it probably would have if if had been done at the end of last season.

His words in the article 
    Has the name been changed? No. 

Is it the job of the comms department to change it? No.

It’s the football administration who contact the FA, which evidently didn’t happen.

Alternatively, a club statement: “ Charlton Athletic owner Thomas Sandgaard today announced that he would be changing the name of the women’s team in a year’s time…”

Really?

Next.
  • Options
    I'll take the flak but I agree with Ben on this one, Sandgaard has invested alot to make the women's team a professional club, he can just as easily remove that funding and they can go back to working second jobs, or they can just accept that they are his employees. The women's team will never generate the money it costs to run it and most of the people up in arms about this change would never go to even watch them play. It's a ridiculous battle people have chosen to fight. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    leefender said:
    I'll take the flak but I agree with Ben on this one, Sandgaard has invested alot to make the women's team a professional club, he can just as easily remove that funding and they can go back to working second jobs, or they can just accept that they are his employees. The women's team will never generate the money it costs to run it and most of the people up in arms about this change would never go to even watch them play. It's a ridiculous battle people have chosen to fight. 
    I'm also kind of in this camp as well.

But I can see the viewpoint of the women's team.

As I said above - just a really strange (and totally unnecessary) battle to be having and nothing good will come of it.
  • Options
    Noticed the tab on the OS for the Women's team says "Ladies". Not sure if that's new?
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    I feel really let down on this issue and it will massively impact whether I buy into what he’s trying to do here.
    Me too - and this is entirely the point. 

Right now it just feels like, I'm the man, I make the decisions, you little ladies get back in your box, I've decided it's not an issue. 

Says a lot about him that he's happy to respond to that horrendous account and not Airman's. 
    I don't think it's that at all. Whereas some people do their good deed and get on with their day, I think TS is the sort of person who let's everyone know he's done a "good deed for the day" and plasters it across social media, with every detail, as you sometimes see. 

Not sure if you'd call it passive narcism or what, but reckon there's a lot who need their ego rubbed regularly and I think TS is feeling like he's not getting what he deserves at the moment.

Not saying he's right and not saying he's a bad parson, just that that's what I reckon is going on
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    leefender said:
    Another view is that it's a ridiculous battle he's chosen to fight. Why change the name that was universally accepted to one that's creating this conflict? It's counter productive but his male ego can't back down. 

If he ever decides to rename the men's team to something pathetic and embarrassing, I trust you'll get the issue then.

Our attitude to the women's team is appalling. Of course he can describe it as a non-issue whilst the male majority dismiss it like this. 
    I wouldn’t say the male majority have dismissed it as such.  You’ll always get a few idiots making chauvinistic comments that aren’t helpful, but I think a lot of the male supporters weren’t happy and have made it clear be it on here or elsewhere.  

I hope it gets sorted because I think TS has done a great deal to try and raise the profile of the women’s team, it would be such a shame for this to be a sticking point and be a little gray cloud for no reason other than stubbornness 
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    leefender said:
    Another view is that it's a ridiculous battle he's chosen to fight. Why change the name that was universally accepted to one that's creating this conflict? It's counter productive but his male ego can't back down. 

If he ever decides to rename the men's team to something pathetic and embarrassing, I trust you'll get the issue then.

Our attitude to the women's team is appalling. Of course he can describe it as a non-issue whilst the male majority dismiss it like this. 
    That will be an issue that I would choose to get involved in because I actually watch the men's team, as well as buy a season ticket, weekly streams and lots of merchandise. So I actually have a vested interest in that, but the women's team is something hardly anyone puts their hand in their pocket for, Jumping on a cause simply for likes is not my thing. Ladies/Women, neither are intended to be offended and if you are offended by a widely used tem then maybe the problem lies closer to home
  • Options
    edited December 2021