Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

English Football League 2022-23: Championship, League One and League Two to start on 30 July

Comments

• Can't we like, ditch all the cups except rhe FA Cup for one year? Oh wait that'd annoy the spoooonsoooors

Anyway, some of us have cricket to play ffs lol
  • Why do L1 and L2 have to start earlier, when they're not breaking for the World Cup?
  • Hang on a minute. Won't we have players missing?
  • Rudders22 said:
    Hang on a minute. Won't we have players missing?
    Depends how many internationals for actually-decent nations we sign in the next two transfer windows. Otherwise there's an outside chance of Chris Gunter 
  • Why do L1 and L2 have to start earlier, when they're not breaking for the World Cup?
    My guess is they won’t want to have midweek games during the World Cup so are starting early to avoid this. 
  • edited November 2021
    Save The Date right there…19th March 2023🍕🏆
    My guess is they won’t want to have midweek games during the World Cup so are starting early to avoid this. 
    Good point. It's going to be a nightmare for L1 and L2 clubs during this period. I imagine teams will move games to try and avoid clashes with attractive matches
  • yeah not sure on the timings of WC games, but nothing will clash with anything decent
    Why worry? we will be in the Championship anyway  :)
  • Over-reaction or what?

So, next season starts a week earlier than this season, and has no disruption due to the World Cup ... that's only for the 'big boys' in the Premier League and the Championship.

I'm sure that we will cope.
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Hang on a minute. Won't we have players missing?
    Depends how many internationals for actually-decent nations we sign in the next two transfer windows. Otherwise there's an outside chance of Chris Gunter 
    Will Gunter even be with us next season? I know there is the option of a 3rd year but does that option lie with us or with him (like it did with Watson)?
  • Didn't know where to stick this unlike Sarr for Watford - what a goal!!!
  • Outrageous, made it look so easy.
  • Didn't know where to stick this unlike Sarr for Watford - what a goal!!!

• If only Charlie had struck his effort a bit sweeter on Saturday
  • edited August 2022
    After missing a couple of open goals Grant takes the hardest chance of all
  • edited August 2022
    Ismaila Sarr cost Watford $36m three years ago.

Having that kind of player playing two seasons out of the last four in the Championship is absurd.
  • And then does a Spongefoot from a penalty.
  • Jed Wallace put in 22 crosses. That’s mental.
  • QPR's goalkeeper scored a 92nd minute equaliser at Sunderland. Pretty good header too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Plenty of incident for our exes in the Mansfield vs Wimbledon game, where Davison scored twice to put the Dons 2-0 ahead, Lapslie scored the Stags second to equalise, and then Gunter got sent off!
  • Plenty of incident for our exes in the Mansfield vs Wimbledon game, where Davison scored twice to put the Dons 2-0 ahead, Lapslie scored the Stags second to equalise, and then Gunter got sent off!
    And let’s not forget to mention Jackson. Dons 2-0 up and end up losing 5-2
  • Somebody needs to change the thread title…the season started 16th August…
  • The bad news is Millwall must be certs for promotion, the luck they had tonight. 2-0 down going into added time, they equalise with 2 OWN GOALS after 90+3 and 90+5
  • edited August 2022
    Millwall 2-0 down at Norwich.

Millwall arguing for the softest free kick I'd have ever seen in the build up to that second goal.
  • Millwall 2-0 down at Norwich.

Millwall arguing for the softest free kick I'd have ever seen in the build up to that second goal.
    Tripped him my arse. There legs weren't even close to making contact. 
  • Really impressed with that Nunez for Norwich. Tiny little man but technically superb.
  • edited August 2022
    FT 2-0

They've gone now 2-0 down in four matches back to back. They came back twice in a row but not sure how long they can afford to keep giving the first two goals away.

L 2-0 at Sheff Utd
    W 3-2 vs Coventry
    D 2-2 at Swansea
    L 2-0 at Norwich
  • The Championship this season is a total lottery. Everyone is capable of beating anyone, even more so than previous years.
  • Exeter coasting at Forest Green and 3-0 up at half time. Both sides are missing a number of key players with Exeter having to have three 17 year olds on their bench.