Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    I think the protest has already started…

1. Season ticket sales down 25% this season
    2. Only 3000 fans vs stockport

…People are already taking action.

14th in league one and only one win away / against the teams in the bottom half is simply unacceptable.

When you think of of the wage bill difference between us and the likes of Lincoln, Exeter, Port Vale etc, it is a complete embarrassment that they are all above us in the league.
    I don’t think we can use FA Cup attendances as a barometer as the competition is dead on its arse as far as crowds are concerned. The interest simply isn’t there to watch reserve teams playing.
  • Options
    I think the protest has already started…

1. Season ticket sales down 25% this season
    2. Only 3000 fans vs stockport

…People are already taking action.

14th in league one and only one win away / against the teams in the bottom half is simply unacceptable.

When you think of of the wage bill difference between us and the likes of Lincoln, Exeter, Port Vale etc, it is a complete embarrassment that they are all above us in the league.
    I don’t think we can use FA Cup attendances as a barometer as the competition is dead on its arse as far as crowds are concerned. The interest simply isn’t there to watch reserve teams playing.
    @dubaicafc will disagree with this strongly.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    …………,,,,Horrible to have to think like this, but this is exactly where I am at with a club I have loved supporting for over three decades. I genuinely did not believe it could get any worse…
    Wait until you’ve supported them for over six decades like some of us old timers 😉, t’was ever thus apart the halcyon days under Curbs and a brief spell in the top flight under Lennie as nomads 😞.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Bailey said:
    NabySarr said:
    It's all getting very Rolandy.

I've not seen anything to suggest the current dozy incumbent of this great club is doing any less damage than Roland.
    We've protested over on par situations in the past.
    Can anyone tell me one positive implementation that this fella has bought to us in nigh on two years?

#Sandgaardout!
    I think the protests would probably start after January if/when we’ve fallen way off the play offs. Somehow we are still not that far off them at the moment so TS has a January window to try and save himself  
    I don't think protests will be necessary, Sandgaard doesn't have the money that RD has and is getting desperate to offload. I suppose he might worry if he was showing prospective buyers around and it was all kicking off, one flaw in that plan though, nobody will give him a bean for the club so there won't be anyone to show around.
    Correct me if I’m wrong but there hasn’t been one suggestion that he’s actually open to selling the club has there? If so, this is a moot point. 
    If you have been following this thread from the start, you might like to refresh your memory regarding positive posts that AB has made on this subject, the most recent, I believe, only a week or so ago. 
    Yes but he hasn't said TS is actively selling has he? or as put above, 'desperate to offload'?  
  • Options
    Maybe everyone under the same roof and in the same room might make Sandgaard see some sense.

Anyone know where that might be this week.😀
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Bailey said:
    NabySarr said:

I've not seen anything to suggest the current dozy incumbent of this great club is doing any less damage than Roland.
    Can anyone tell me one positive implementation that this fella has bought to us in nigh on two years?

#Sandgaardout!
    I think the protests would probably start after January if/when we’ve fallen way off the play offs. Somehow we are still not that far off them at the moment so TS has a January window to try and save himself  
    I don't think protests will be necessary, Sandgaard doesn't have the money that RD has and is getting desperate to offload. I suppose he might worry if he was showing prospective buyers around and it was all kicking off, one flaw in that plan though, nobody will give him a bean for the club so there won't be anyone to show around.
    Correct me if I’m wrong but there hasn’t been one suggestion that he’s actually open to selling the club has there? If so, this is a moot point. 
    He is certainly open to selling but not for a price anyone would pay.

My info has gone from its not for sale but you could buy it if you really wanted to to it will cost you x.

Let him carry on owning the increasing debt. Another £6m this year....
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    …………,,,,Horrible to have to think like this, but this is exactly where I am at with a club I have loved supporting for over three decades. I genuinely did not believe it could get any worse…
    Wait until you’ve supported them for over six decades like some of us old timers 😉, t’was ever thus apart the halcyon days under Curbs and a brief spell in the top flight under Lennie as nomads 😞.
    We never hit league Two. That is a serious prospect under Captain Break-Even,
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Bailey said:
    NabySarr said:

#Sandgaardout!
    He is certainly open to selling but not for a price anyone would pay.

My info has gone from its not for sale but you could buy it if you really wanted to to it will cost you x.

Thanks for the info xx
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    RedChaser said:
    We never hit league Two. That is a serious prospect under Captain Break-Even,
    True although being grateful for small mercies we might have been there sooner if we hadn’t been rescued from the last lot even if it may only be a temporary stay of execution. 

I can’t see TS just upping sticks without being able to cut his losses somehow and selling on. The worrying thing if he does it’ll be administration a drop down the leagues and likelihood of starting again as a phoenix club which doesn’t bear thinking about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm no good a linking tweets but have seen Dan Burke's ones about firing hot dogs into the stands.

Ffs....Jeremy Beadle please jump out asap
  • Options
    Who is Dan Burke?
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    3889! That is pitiful.

Was wondering when the protests would start. The only way to hurt Sandgaard is in the pocket.
    In private he must know he's on the road to nowhere here losing money funding the Club's operations. I'm not sure that depriving the Club of income and forcing his hand to sell, if that's what your suggesting, is in our best interests though.

I don't personally think fans are staying away to spite Tommy, financially or otherwise.
    I just think they have been worn down watching second rate football from third rate players at a club that seems to be going nowhere other than on a prolonged death spiral
    Post of the year @Six-a-bag-of-nuts  Hole in one.  Nail on head.  People's views on football are generally less sophisticated that the minority like us who take it all very (too?) seriously. People are generally not going because its shit and has been shit for a long time.
    A lot of that happened under RD leading to any boycott being massively over estimated.
  • Options
    Katrien had the fans sofa, Raelynn has a failed attempt at firing hot dogs fired into the North Upper. Sums it all up.
  • Options
    Who is Dan Burke?
    Curbs 16/1
  • Options
    I quite like the idea of someone firing hotdogs at me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who is Dan Burke?
    Used to work for Charlton until made redundant/sacked delete as appropriate. 
  • Options
    I guess now we know what is worse than throwing a hot dog down a hallway.
  • Options
    Jesus, if firing hotdogs is true then I wonder how he built a $400m business.

The product that will increase attendances is what goes on from kick off to full time.  It’s that simple 
  • Options
    I'm not trying to be nasty but to be honest if Dan Burke didn't tell Raelynn that this was a stupid idea for about 100 sensible reasons before he set this up, he deserved to get fired 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Jesus, if firing hotdogs is true then I wonder how he built a $400m business.

The product that will increase attendances is what goes on from kick off to full time.  It’s that simple 
    Reckon I could go 90 minutes eating hotdogs 🌭 
  • Options
    I'd prefer a few more chips than hotdogs. 

My prediction is TS will off load the club to another dubious consortium before too long