Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2023/24 Betting Thread

12346»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 17
    Looks like I will just miss out on this year's long shot pre season accy.  I had 12.
    £30 to win £48K

- Arsenal top 4
    - Chesterfield win NL
    - Ipswich, Leeds and Leicester top 6 of
      Championship
    - Derby, Pompey and Bolton top 6 in L1
    - Stockport and Wrexham top 7 in L2

Sadly also added Gills and Bradford top 7; maybe one will sneak it but not both.  

Close but no cigar this time around. It was all or nothing.
  • Options
    Needed a late goal from us today for 600, off 20 on us and Burton. 4 and 5 to 1 respectively,  crazy odds really.
  • Options
    edited March 18
    Crawley at 3/1 to beat Stockport tonight despite the form table looking like this. They're so far apart that it won't all fit on my phone screen.

• Options
    @IdleHans football betting is a lottery mate 
  • Options
    As my disastrous loss of two quid attests. Still, worth a punt at at those odds. 
  • Options
    I’m the biggest jinx in the world, my mates find it hilarious. A team could be top of the league, unbeaten in a year and I contrive to see them lose at home to the bottom of the league team. I get stuck if I put their teams in my accy
  • Options
    I’m the biggest jinx in the world, my mates find it hilarious. A team could be top of the league, unbeaten in a year and I contrive to see them lose at home to the bottom of the league team. I get stuck if I put their teams in my accy
    Can you increase your stakes on palace and millwall please Afka?

• Options
    Tremendous bet that 
  • Options
    Anyone any thoughts for 24/25 then?

My thoughts are along the lines of the following...

Arsenal Top 4 / Leicester Relegated
    Leeds and Middlesbrough top 6
    Birmingham and Rotherham top 6
    Gills / Port Vale top 7

All above looks fairly low risk and based on odds on betting sites would get 94/1 return which seems worth a few quid.

Only issue is finding a bookies to take it as I have only found Paddy Power in the past who will let you add more than one team per division to an accy and they are not yet offering anything outside winners/promoted.

Anyone know of any others?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rotherham top six 11/8
  • Options
    Rotherham top six 11/8
    Where's those odds mate 
  • Options
    Mike said:
    Rotherham top six 11/8
    Where's those odds mate 
    Literally yesterday I checked and they were 11/8.  They’re now 11/10 with William hill.  Still good value IMO.
  • Options
    Few things that have caught my eye already although I appreciate it’s very early, plus I feel like there’s some good punters on here so I’d like to hear from others before having a go:

Bournemouth relegation 15/8
    Feel like a good run at the right time saved them last season plus they still have an inexperienced manager.  

Crystal Palace finish top half 9/4
    As there’s so many teams in Europe next season and quite a few smaller teams I think they’re a good bet (unfortunately), they’ve got some young players who got better as the season progressed and will only continue to improve.

Burnley to stay up 4/7
    Not great odds but I think they’ve got everything in place to stay up manager players etc, good bet in a multiple.

Ipswich top 6 finish 2/1
    We know how well they ended the season and of course how much money they’ve got behind currently, fancy them to carry on the momentum.

Rotherham relegation 7/4
    Great bet when you consider how tough the championship looks next season, plus they rarely stay up there for long.

Derby promotion 9/4
    Be amazed if they don’t make a go of it next season and they’ll throw money at it again.

Charlton top 6 finish 2/1
    You'll laugh but why not, the league looks weaker, we might actually buy players!

Wrexham promotion 5/6
    Not a great price but I can’t see them stopping at the moment.

Gillingham top 7 finish 1/1
    Great price they finished the season well and will build on that with their new investors.

Any tips/suggestions/hunches welcomed!!
    @millwallfan what’s funny mate?  I got 5 out of 9 here I’m happy with that!!
  • Options
    Few things that have caught my eye already although I appreciate it’s very early, plus I feel like there’s some good punters on here so I’d like to hear from others before having a go:

Feel like a good run at the right time saved them last season plus they still have an inexperienced manager.  

As there’s so many teams in Europe next season and quite a few smaller teams I think they’re a good bet (unfortunately), they’ve got some young players who got better as the season progressed and will only continue to improve.

Burnley to stay up 4/7
    Not great odds but I think they’ve got everything in place to stay up manager players etc, good bet in a multiple.

Ipswich top 6 finish 2/1
    We know how well they ended the season and of course how much money they’ve got behind currently, fancy them to carry on the momentum.

Rotherham relegation 7/4
    Great bet when you consider how tough the championship looks next season, plus they rarely stay up there for long.

Derby promotion 9/4
    Be amazed if they don’t make a go of it next season and they’ll throw money at it again.

You'll laugh but why not, the league looks weaker, we might actually buy players!

Wrexham promotion 5/6

Great price they finished the season well and will build on that with their new investors.

Sorry, I was laughing at the Charlton top 6 prediction 😄
  • Options

Burnley to stay up 4/7

Ipswich top 6 finish 2/1

Rotherham relegation 7/4

Derby promotion 9/4

Wrexham promotion 5/6

Sorry, I was laughing at the Charlton top 6 prediction 😄
    Fair.
  • Options
    Man City to win the league are currently 10/11 but Man City to go down are also 28/1. When would you ever see that?! Okay they’re covering base regarding their charges, but in the focus of just odds, that is mental.
  • Options
    England enhanced to 7/2 with William hill to win the euros.  Up to £50 stake.
  • Options
    I find this very untempting. Get it up to fives and I might have a nibble
  • Options
    Has anyone found a bookies that is not Paddy Power that will take multiple teams in the same division in an accy.

IE if I want to bet for Leeds and Middlesbrough top 6 in the Championship only Paddy Power offer that service which is very limiting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has anyone found a bookies that is not Paddy Power that will take multiple teams in the same division in an accy.

IE if I want to bet for Leeds and Middlesbrough top 6 in the Championship only Paddy Power offer that service which is very limiting.
    No mate I’ve always looked for this.  
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    We’re 3/1 everywhere else.  I guess it depends what type of England fan you are.  Me, I’m an optimist, I think it’s coming home.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    We’re 3/1 everywhere else.  I guess it depends what type of England fan you are.  Me, I’m an optimist, I think it’s coming home.
    Absolutely see your point, but England optimists have been losing their stakes for 58 years...

Looking at the groups I think it's easy to choose a winner in all bar Italy/Spain, so I've done a fivefold and trebles from five. Aside from the third round of group games, I think the tournament will only really take off from the knockout stages onwards. Very much looking forward to it, moreso because my local is showing it for the first time ever, outside on the riverside decking. Interested to see what they make of it.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    IdleHans said:
    Absolutely see your point, but England optimists have been losing their stakes for 58 years...

Looking at the groups I think it's easy to choose a winner in all bar Italy/Spain, so I've done a fivefold and trebles from five. Aside from the third round of group games, I think the tournament will only really take off from the knockout stages onwards. Very much looking forward to it, moreso because my local is showing it for the first time ever, outside on the riverside decking. Interested to see what they make of it.
    What can I say, I support Charlton and England.  I’m used to it.
  • Options
    Euro 2024

Outsider punt for top goalscorer, Kai Havertz.  Had a great season, starting as striker for the host nation, probably not on penalties however.

33/1
  • Options
    edited June 4
    Euro 2024

Outsider punt for top goalscorer, Kai Havertz.  Had a great season, starting as striker for the host nation, probably not on penalties however.

33/1
    Mbappe and Kane are both 5-1 on BV to be top scorer with the place at 1/4 4 places - hard to see past either of them top-scoring so lumped on both each way. Havertz is a good shout as an each-way bet though with up to 5 places available elsewhere that would recoup about 6-1.
  • Options
    Paddy Power offering a £1 free bet builder for every shot on target and every goal when you bet £10 on top goalscorer market.
  • Options
    With Man City 115 rules seemingly coming for a head for next season you would think there has to be a decent chance of a sizable points deduction... So I have plumped for division winners of:

Arsenal, Leeds, Birmingham, Gillingham.  E/W. £10. So total £20.  Would pay out £8,030 if they all won.  

Of course Leeds have financial fair play issues of their own and L2 looks quite open to me this year so no really obvious choices.
  • Options
    Worth noting Ronaldo at 14s. 
    Still starts and still on penalties, and they have an easy group.