Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lloyd Sam - (3 Goals, 3 Assists - WSS vs. NLA)

Just like to say after reading the posts on here about him i wasn't sure what to expect but having seen him twice now i must say i'm very impressed with his work rate, and despite what i read on here his crossing has been excellent.He set up three of the goals against Hartlepool (not Barca i know)on Saturday and he was again in good form tonjght against Fc Banne of Norway creating one for Becchio, scoring one himself and getting awarded the man of the match. If he keeps up the form he's showing at the minute he will be a great signing.
Good luck for the new season.

Comments

• he's a good player.
  • he couldnt cross the road when he was here ;o)
  • I said it before and i'll say it again. If you have good strikers, he will get more assists. I still maintain that we will miss him alot this year and hope he does well.
  • He is a good player Oaky - some on here never doubted that.
  • thats pre season mate first game in he will be empty after 20 mins and cut inside tro beat the player over and over again failing to do so on numerous occasions

nice guy though
  • With better players around him, with better movement he'll be a hit up there.
  • edited July 2010
    WSS

you talk sense Often

but not this time i will have a cheeky half with you that he is sub by xmas
  • WSSWSS
    edited July 2010
    5 goals and 5 assists minimum by the end of the year. £20 either way to Charlton Upbeats? Unless serious injury comes into it.
  • give it five or six more games and Bechio will make the same early runs and the ball wont get delivered.

Oaky, you will have pulled all your barnet out by October watching Sam.
  • I wouldn`t be surprised if he came back to us on loan before the end of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• lol wait till a cold december match away
  • I remember Ipswich fans saying similar type things to us after we signed Darren Bent...
  • you compare that to bent get real
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]you compare that to bent get real
    Not comparing players to players that would be ridiculous. I'm comparing fan's reactions to a player going. God knows what will happen.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]5 goals and 5 assists minimum by the end of the year. £20 either way to Charlton Upbeats? Unless serious injury comes into it.

your on good cause and all that

i reckon that Sam would struggle toi get 5 goals in a chumpionship season
  • he will start well,anyway what he does at leeds means nothing,i judge him on what he done for us..........
  • Sam has the talent to be a good player - but at Charlton he was in a comfort zone, something he's not going to have at Leeds. The move will be the making of him, or the breaking. He's got the opportunity, has made a great start to his Leeds career, but he's flattered to deceive before. This time last season he was looking like he was going to have a storming season, he scored several goals in our first few matches, then he got double marked and lost the belief in himself to try and take players on and beat them. Consequently after that great start he never scored another goal all season. If he really wants to be successful you could have the signing of the season.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]you compare that to bent get real

"that"? He's a person.
  • As you all say time will tell but considering he came on a free its looking like a good piece of Business and a win win situation.
  • he's better than most of the crock of shit we have left
  • Sponsored links:

• Nah, i'm happy he's gone. He had his moments, but getting rid of players like him is a step forward imo.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oaky white[/cite]As you all say time will tell but considering he came on a free its looking like a good piece of Business and a win win situation.

We'll see as the season progresses if it was as good a deal as Frazer coming to the Valley

Sam is a good player, unfairly criticised in my opinion, but there you go.
  • I'm sure he won't be a regular for Leeds all season, but on a free he'll be a useful squad player for them.

Who knows what will happen, we all knew Ambrose could score goals, but never thought he'd get as many as he did last season. Sam's not a goalscorer but he can create chances, he did that last season and that was with pretty average strikers.
    [cite]Posted By: charlton_hero[/cite]Nah, i'm happy he's gone. He had his moments, but getting rid of players like him is a step forward imo.
    Not while Wagstaff is his replacement and has no competition. If we bring in a more consistent player than Sam then maybe it will be.
  • edited July 2010
    Sam has always had a Confidence problem. If he's not having a good game he tends to sulk and walk with his head bowed.
    There is no doubting he has potential but he rarely showed it in recent seasons. Maybe that's because he has been playing in a distinctly average side or maybe it's because he's just not good enough but you will soon get fed up of him going past a player then going back to try again instead of putting in a cross.
    Good luck to him anyway.
  • Oaky White, what happened to the six or seven thousand you were supposed to be bringing down to us last year - they get lost?
  • He was a better player than most thought, and there's no chance Wagstaff will fill the gap he left
  • edited July 2010
    Some of our fans expect a player to be fully consistent over a 40+ game season. Don't remember Bailey getting the same stick during his many games where he went completely missing. Can't even imagine the stick Sam would've got if he'd have been Bailey at the Swindon game.

Charlton fans have always failed to understand wingers. The last truly popular one was John Robinson, and that was only because you never saw anyone put anymore effort in. When it comes to creative wingers, we seem to expect them to beat their man and deliver a deadly cross 6 times out of 10, if not more. Just completely unrealistic, and goes against exactly what creative wingers are all about anyway. Unless they're world class or something.

He was crossing to one man - who is, I might add, about 5'5 - for the whole season, and he still managed to be our joint-top player on assists. He's incredibly talented, fantastic touch for this level, and in a side like Leeds who will surely let him off his leash, he'll be a really good player for you. When the team was in full-flow, Sam was in full-flow. A lot of people didn't seem to be able to reverse-engineer that link.

Good luck this season.
  • Oaky - Sam is a decent player but he's a bit hit and miss, he'll have two good games and then he'll go missing for three. But for a free signing i don't think you'll have many complaints. He's from Leeds as well isn't he? So that might well increase his motivation and desire to succeed up there.
  • Any game where a right back is a rough with him or puts a bad tackle on him in the first few minutes he will "go missing".

He must love a friendly!
  • well said the chunes