Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• When you get home after a night out and you're bringing home a new lady friend. The porch light is out and you're fumbling around for your keys. You drop them and struggle to find them again in the dark. You try the wrong key first until finally finding the right one. And after all of that, she has come round and done a runner...

Sounds sad. Perhaps next time try to persuade her to take you to HER place ;-))

Or just try the back alley!
  • When you get home after a night out and you're bringing home a new lady friend. The porch light is out and you're fumbling around for your keys. You drop them and struggle to find them again in the dark. You try the wrong key first until finally finding the right one. And after all of that, she has come round and done a runner...

Sounds sad. Perhaps next time try to persuade her to take you to HER place ;-))

Or just try the back alley!
    Dirty bastard taking her in that fashion
  • The thread title "Any lifer who has an ipad with kids".
  • Couples who have a conversation on Facebook about what they are going to do that evening, what to cook for dinner etc.
    Why not phone each other, text, email. I certainly don't need your dull conversation popping up on my page.

It's even worse when they're in the same room in the first place.
  • Any post with the word Bollox in it.

How annoyed were you when typing your post?
  • edited September 2014

Cyclists who ignore pedestrians

People who use their mobile phones in public transport, speaking so loud that I can't help overhearing their conversation (which usually doesn't interest me at all).

Exaggerated use of abbreviations (who the hell knows what they mean?)
    People who mumble their words

Diving strikers

FIFA

Do you mean Federation of International Football Associations?

:-)
  • Bin fascism.

Most of it ends up in Chinese landfill sites so what is the point of separating it all out?

(I still do though idiot that I am)

Yes, it should be spelt "bollocks" and not capitalised.
  • LenGlover said:

Bin fascism.

Most of it ends up in Chinese landfill sites so what is the point of separating it all out?

aah i thought you wanted to do away with facsism ...a worthy ideal

rather than object to the recycling policies of local authorities ...i agree with both though !

• Sponsored links:

• The scottish weather woman on BBC breakfast TV who pronounces Scotland as Scotlind, England as Englind etc. Now I've noticed it, it does my head in.
  • IdleHans said:

The scottish weather woman on BBC breakfast TV who pronounces Scotland as Scotlind, England as Englind etc. Now I've noticed it, it does my head in.

I'd abbreviate that to just "The scottish weather woman on BBC breakfast TV". She does my head in regardless of pronunciation.

• Ankle swingers, how have the bottom of trouser legs rolled up to become ankle swingers become fashionable?! The offenders usually like to add a pair of clumpy Herman Munster-esque shoes to the new arty look to really max the wrong-un look.
  • edited September 2014
    The XXXXX brigade.

Usually aimed, somewhat passive aggressively, at an individual, though not directly. As in; 'oh here comes the people who use the brigade line brigade'.

I'd rather that person say what they think to the person they're disagreeing with, rather than invent an imaginary collective as though the people with differing opinions meet up on Tuesday nights to discuss whatever it is they don't like.
  • IdleHans said:

The scottish weather woman on BBC breakfast TV who pronounces Scotland as Scotlind, England as Englind etc. Now I've noticed it, it does my head in.

I'm with you on this one. Really annoying.
  • This month Scotland and anything Scotish.
  • The phrase passive aggressive
  • People who use more than one card at the ATM. If there is a queue behind you, you should only be allowed to try with one card then move to the back of the queue if it isn't successful. Not 4 cards like the selfish clown in front of me Saturday morning.
  • Not being able to find a protractor when you need it at an away game!
  • Sponsored links:

• cyclists who use mobile phones
  • lolwray said:

cyclists who use mobile phones

Especially when not cycling!

• Hipster cafes
    Alan Carr
  • LenGlover said:

Bin fascism.

Len, what is the evidence for this? Chinese landfill, not you being an idiot ;-)

I know it's frustrating having loads of different bins, but find it hard to believe that my local council would go to all the trouble they do for no reason.
  • When you have just been upstairs for a pee & a short while later feel a tom tot brewing. (It's an age thing).
  • My mate.
    He's a bit tight.
    But he's alright.
  • LenGlover said:

Cyclists who ignore pedestrians

People who use their mobile phones in public transport, speaking so loud that I can't help overhearing their conversation (which usually doesn't interest me at all).

Exaggerated use of abbreviations (who the hell knows what they mean?)
    People who mumble their words

Diving strikers

FIFA

Do you mean Federation of International Football Associations?

:-)
    Ah, now the riddle is solved. Thanks :-)))
  • Stig said:

LenGlover said:

Bin fascism.

Len, what is the evidence for this? Chinese landfill, not you being an idiot ;-)

I know it's frustrating having loads of different bins, but find it hard to believe that my local council would go to all the trouble they do for no reason.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/green-living/waste-not-want-not-britain-has-become-a-nation-of-recyclers--but-is-it-making-a-difference-8607804.html

In summary 43% of our rubbish is recycled but 70% of that gets shipped to China according to this article.

I've deliberately linked to The Independent as a Charlton Life acceptable "source" but elsewhere I have seen figures suggesting that even more of our rubbish is shipped to China.

As regards me being an idiot there is the evidence of 17k plus and counting comments on here.....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!