Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• When people on the train don't by default move across seats. With regards to the 6 seat formation, having 3 across one side and then two on each end on the other side is totally unacceptable.

Why do I have to walk past the guy on the end? Just move up
  • Thanks Len, interesting article that. Sure we could do better, but it's not saying that most of what goes to China ends up in landfill, it's saying that there are some horror stories out of that 70%. Whilst I'm sure there are, I still don't think that's a reason to be despondent about it.
  • IdleHans said:

The scottish weather woman on BBC breakfast TV who pronounces Scotland as Scotlind, England as Englind etc. Now I've noticed it, it does my head in.

Watch itv instead. I have a little thing for Laura who does the weather
  • Stig said:

Thanks Len, interesting article that. Sure we could do better, but it's not saying that most of what goes to China ends up in landfill, it's saying that there are some horror stories out of that 70%. Whilst I'm sure there are, I still don't think that's a reason to be despondent about it.

Yes but when you also take into account the other 57% that ends up in landfill or is incinerated here it does make you question the point of it all.

As I said above I do it but sometimes wonder why when I am short of time and rushing around.
  • Stig said:

Thanks Len, interesting article that. Sure we could do better, but it's not saying that most of what goes to China ends up in landfill, it's saying that there are some horror stories out of that 70%. Whilst I'm sure there are, I still don't think that's a reason to be despondent about it.

I get despondent about it when I see mankind building new islands shaped like palm trees. It's all very well the little guy doing his bit, but until big business changes, I don't see it truly helping.
  • Cant we just dump it in the middle of the ocean - there is so much space there.
  • LenGlover said:

Stig said:

LenGlover said:

Bin fascism.

Most of it ends up in Chinese landfill sites so what is the point of separating it all out?

(I still do though idiot that I am)

Len, what is the evidence for this? Chinese landfill, not you being an idiot ;-)

I know it's frustrating having loads of different bins, but find it hard to believe that my local council would go to all the trouble they do for no reason.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/green-living/waste-not-want-not-britain-has-become-a-nation-of-recyclers--but-is-it-making-a-difference-8607804.html

In summary 43% of our rubbish is recycled but 70% of that gets shipped to China according to this article.

I've deliberately linked to The Independent as a Charlton Life acceptable "source" but elsewhere I have seen figures suggesting that even more of our rubbish is shipped to China.

As regards me being an idiot there is the evidence of 17k plus and counting comments on here.....
    We import a lot of Chinese rubbish.
    So only fair to send some back!
  • LenGlover said:

Stig said:

LenGlover said:

Bin fascism.

Most of it ends up in Chinese landfill sites so what is the point of separating it all out?

Len, what is the evidence for this? Chinese landfill, not you being an idiot ;-)

I know it's frustrating having loads of different bins, but find it hard to believe that my local council would go to all the trouble they do for no reason.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/green-living/waste-not-want-not-britain-has-become-a-nation-of-recyclers--but-is-it-making-a-difference-8607804.html

In summary 43% of our rubbish is recycled but 70% of that gets shipped to China according to this article.

I've deliberately linked to The Independent as a Charlton Life acceptable "source" but elsewhere I have seen figures suggesting that even more of our rubbish is shipped to China.

As regards me being an idiot there is the evidence of 17k plus and counting comments on here.....
    Don't get the problem here. We recycle waste. We then sell it to China.

• Grown men riding bikes along the pavement using their phone
    Hotels unable to accommodate 2 adults and 3 kids in one room
    Waitrose not having any plastic cutlery
  • MrOneLung said:

Cant we just dump it in the middle of the ocean - there is so much space there.

Sadly, we do :-(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pacific_garbage_patch
  • Sponsored links:

• The worst thing about the GPGP is that it wasn't dumped there, that's the result of currents taking rubbish from all around the world and it landing in one place. They say it's the size of Texas, but probably bigger as they can't see it all! I remember some kid had a genius idea for fixing it, but I don't know where he got to with that.
  • MrOneLung said:

Cant we just dump it in the middle of the ocean - there is so much space there.

wont that cause sea levels to rise? ;-)
    Just like takng out all those sponges for tourists.

• General things that Annoy you....failing to make the audition for any TV talent show.
    Also failing to want to even apply
  • Oak Furnitureland adverts.

the "Gold for the price of Silver" mug needs to be dealt with by A block.
  • Jints said:

LenGlover said:

Stig said:

LenGlover said:

Bin fascism.

Don't get the problem here. We recycle waste. We then sell it to China.

so about 30% is sold to China who recycle it rather than put it in landfill according to your own source.

• More like General things that embarrass you

Just gone through a whole bus journey (20mins) without realising Ive not done the zip up on my jeans this morning with it clearly showing!!
  • The government banging on about how we need more housing...

...er how about you stop building all over our green and pleasant land and just control immigration?
  • More like General things that embarrass you

Just gone through a whole bus journey (20mins) without realising Ive not done the zip up on my jeans this morning with it clearly showing!!

Is that what you told the police?
  • edited September 2014
    Alan Green.

And now Alan Green on MOTD! WTF???

https://twitter.com/search?q="Alan Green"&src=tren
  • when you walk your dog round the block and are virtually followed all the way by the ice cream van.
  • Sponsored links:

• The stupid songs at the Ryder Cup and shouting out at golf tournaments in general.
  • Where you been Riv?
  • Boxing judges
  • Haha very honest at least
  • Buying loads of ground coffee packets.
    Emptying them in succession into the ceramic coffee jar. Marked coffee.
    Thinking - ah, I really like this one, must buy it again.
    But having no record or recall of whether it was the Brazilian 4 or Columbian 3 or Welsh 2.

So you repeat the process on your next visit to the supermarket.

Over and over again, until years have passed and you still dont know your favourite coffee.

• Boxing judges

I don't think I'll make many friends here, but...

Boxing.

Never got it.
    Never liked it.
    Just don't see the appeal.
    All that bullshit build up and the eyeballing each other.
    Don King. (Is he still about?)
    How the fuck they score it, I've no idea.
    All you lot who love it, good luck to you, but I think it's absolute shit.

:-)
    I think boxing fans would agree with much of that! The art and skill of the fight is what makes it a compelling sport for those who do enjoy watching.
  • 'Top' players are no longer at the top of sport. They have been usurped by 'toptop' players. With the ultimate players being the 'top, toptop' players.
  • These are the very best players though!

• edited September 2014
    Lifers who don't know their top players from their Players.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!