Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• edited October 2014
    BBC News/Sky News sending 'push notifications' after midnight and the news really isn't important enough to merit potentially waking people up. Unless the country is going to war and I need to report to a conscription office immediately, save it until 7am.
  • Lazy Two bob pricks who post leaflets and walk across my front window as they cant be arse to walk up the path and then into the next door front garden.
    Might just litter garden rakes around my front garden in the hope one of them pops up and breaks the pricks nose.

Oh, and just leaflets (absolute tosh) clogging up my letterbox everyday.
  • Use by Dates on Jars, Cans, Bottles
    Now this, this fricking really gets my chain pulled.

I look on a can, tub, bottle for the Use by date, I ALWAYS ALWAYS find a note on it that says. 'For use by date please look on Bottle neck, Side of Lid, top of lid, bottom of jar', etc etc. Then spend 10 seconds trying to find it.

WHY NOT JUST PUT THE USE BY DATE IN THE OBVIOUS PLACE LIKE THE BACK OF THE ITEM WHERE I ALWAYS READ THIS MESSAGE????????
  • Riviera said:

The lack of late night posters these days. I take a 6 month sabbatical only to find that upon my return Charlton Life now closes at 10.30pm

You call that late night? Pah!

:-)
    Lord Romford - you are early morning, not late night.
  • Not knowing how many wins away from winning the league/getting promotion/making the play offs we are.

yes LordRomford, I am looking at you.
  • MrOneLung said:

Riviera said:

The lack of late night posters these days. I take a 6 month sabbatical only to find that upon my return Charlton Life now closes at 10.30pm

You call that late night? Pah!

Lord Romford - you are early morning, not late night.
    Haha!
    I knew someone would say that!
    In my defence, @Riviera posted at 12.30 am, so you could say the same for him!
    However, for the prosecution, I was posting from Dubai, so it was actually 6.10am here, so I guess it's a fair cop guv.

• MrOneLung said:

Not knowing how many wins away from winning the league/getting promotion/making the play offs we are.

yes LordRomford, I am looking at you.

Hang on, do you mean to say you actually read that?
    I didn't think anyone bothered!

I'll try to start it up again later in the season just for you @MrOneLung. ;-)
  • Weddings of people who you are invited to and only know either the bride or groom and no one else. So it is a day where you speak to the person you know for 10 minutes and if you didn't go you would be made to feel guilty for the rest of your days.
  • Fiiiiiish said:

Weddings of people who you are invited to and only know either the bride or groom and no one else. So it is a day where you speak to the person you know for 10 minutes and if you didn't go you would be made to feel guilty for the rest of your days.

They are the best ones. I basically spend the whole day lying through my teeth
  • Sponsored links:

• Fiiiiiish said:

Weddings of people who you are invited to and only know either the bride or groom and no one else. So it is a day where you speak to the person you know for 10 minutes and if you didn't go you would be made to feel guilty for the rest of your days.

They are the best ones. I basically spend the whole day lying through my teeth
    Especially back in the days of being single and dumped on table with all the other billy no mates unattached people.

' Yeah, it was back in 2002 that I won 32k on Who wants to be a Millionaire'
    ' I first met Dave when we both spent a Friday night in the holding cells at Bishopsgate police station'
  • @AFKABartram‌ @MrOneLung‌ as much as I like those ideas, the wedding was doomed for me to hate it because it falls on the home match with Millwall.

Hoping for a break up.
  • Using the term "Match Day 1/2/3" etc. when the Champions League is on.

It's the first/second/third game you pretentious muppets!
  • Multiple match previews!
  • Riviera said:

The new fashion of throwing a hissy fit and getting your knickers in a twist whenever anyone says the The Premiership and not The Premier League. Robbie Savage went in to one the other day about it and Talksport now cut off callers who call England's top league The Premiership and not the Premier League!
    It was called the Premiership at one point so what does it matter?

Some people just don't have enough to moan about!

I call it Division One.
  • Lazy Two bob pricks who post leaflets and walk across my front window as they cant be arse to walk up the path and then into the next door front garden.
    Might just litter garden rakes around my front garden in the hope one of them pops up and breaks the pricks nose.

Oh, and just leaflets (absolute tosh) clogging up my letterbox everyday.

Who delivers these leaflets? Spiderman?
  • Tailgating. I am not a particularly slow driver, in fact I have paid my fair share of speeding fines over the years. When I look in the mirror & see some twat driving up arse it is invariably some knobhead in a 10 year old BMW wearing a fucking basesball cap.

• Nice drive home was it mate? :-)
  • When you have to go to Bradford but not have time to stop and have a curry :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

When the press have a go a politicians for reasons other than policies. Last week we had all that shit about Miliband not replicating the written version of his speech (as if anyone would when speaking for that length of time). Today they're having a pop at Cameron because he never left a tip in a burger bar (as if that's what normal people do). There are plenty of good reasons to have a go a politicians - don't water that criticism down with nutso reasons about incidentals.

Comparing not tipping (anywhere) to not mentioning the nations deficit as the leader of the opposition in your last conference speech before a general election is an odd one.
  • It was a speech not a policy document.
  • Stig said:

When the press have a go a politicians for reasons other than policies. Last week we had all that shit about Miliband not replicating the written version of his speech (as if anyone would when speaking for that length of time). Today they're having a pop at Cameron because he never left a tip in a burger bar (as if that's what normal people do). There are plenty of good reasons to have a go a politicians - don't water that criticism down with nutso reasons about incidentals.

Tipping in general annoys me in this country. You can tell that restaurants and cafes include service charges in their prices anyway, certainly the place the PM and his wife went to does (it cost nearly £30 for burgers and beer for two). If a waiter has genuinely gone out of their way to improve my dining experience, then yeah I'll leave a tip, but I'm not leaving a tip just because you took my order and then brought my food. If I wanted to go to a counter and order and collect my meal I'd go to Maccas.
  • When you have to go to Bradford but not have time to stop and have a curry :-(

Fixed
  • Leaving your phone at home grr.
  • Fiiish said:

Stig said:

Tipping in general annoys me in this country. You can tell that restaurants and cafes include service charges in their prices anyway, certainly the place the PM and his wife went to does (it cost nearly £30 for burgers and beer for two). If a waiter has genuinely gone out of their way to improve my dining experience, then yeah I'll leave a tip, but I'm not leaving a tip just because you took my order and then brought my food. If I wanted to go to a counter and order and collect my meal I'd go to Maccas.
    It was Five Guys I think, which means they don't have waiters. It would be the same thing as tipping in a McDonald's or Starbucks. It was a ludicrous criticism, let alone front page news in that freebie college newspaper The Metro.
  • Drivers who think you can't see them when it's raining at night and turn on their rear fog lights to dazzle you so then you can't see anything so well.
  • My own irrational annoyance with petty things. I get annoyed that i get annoyed which only confounds the issue.
  • On the bus. Bloke in front is sitting at a window seat. So why is he resting his arm on the headrest and holding onto the yellow pole (with the stop buzzer) by the aisle? Been doing it for 10 minutes.
  • Fiiish said:

Stig said:

No such word as tip,should be tips: ie To Ensure Prompt Service
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!