Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• IAgree said:

People having a pop at A block!

People who can't understand that criticising the concept of A block are not having a pop at the people in A block.

• Students at my local's pub quiz who start creeping in to join their mates 5 minutes after it's started so they can spend the quid they should have chucked into the prize pot on bags of fecking Haribo from Tesco next door. Which they proceed to eat washed down with pints of tap water from the bar whilst Googling the answers like mad. Haribo...I ask ya!

A new record of 16 playing as one team last night...where's the actual fun in that anyway?
  • Students at my local's pub quiz who start creeping in to join their mates 5 minutes after it's started so they can spend the quid they should have chucked into the prize pot on bags of fecking Haribo from Tesco next door. Which they proceed to eat washed down with pints of tap water from the bar whilst Googling the answers like mad. Haribo...I ask ya!

A new record of 16 playing as one team last night...where's the actual fun in that anyway?

Just because you're losing!
  • edited October 2014
    Twats on motorways who wait until they nearly crash into the car in front before thinking about overtaking, they must have seen the car in front getting closer and closer over the previous half mile. Look further than your bonnet you feckin mongs!

I think I'd find another pub to drink in. Sounds a nightmare of a watering hole.
  • Greenie said:

Twats on motorways who wait until they nearly crash into the car in front before thinking about overtaking, they must have seen the car in front getting closer and closer over the previous half mile. Look further than your bonnet you feckin mongs!

I know something you can put in your window to guarantee nobody ever hits you....
  • Fat birds in short skirts and thick black tights.
    Men who wear cuff links on a single cuff shirt.
  • Greenie said:

Students at my local's pub quiz who start creeping in to join their mates 5 minutes after it's started so they can spend the quid they should have chucked into the prize pot on bags of fecking Haribo from Tesco next door. Which they proceed to eat washed down with pints of tap water from the bar whilst Googling the answers like mad. Haribo...I ask ya!

Just because you're losing!
    Nah, still done 'em. Can't Google the picture round (yet!) or use it to pick up bonus points by getting connections between the previous answers. Would have had to ask for a 'stewards' if they'd have won anything though as they were taking the micky last night with the team size and the cheating.
  • edited October 2014
    Greenie said:

Oi Admin, Why was this post deleted?
    Twats on motorways who wait until they nearly crash into the car in front before thinking about overtaking, they must have seen the car in front getting closer and closer over the previous half mile. Look further than your bonnet you (edited so as not to offend)
  • Take a look at what you've written and try to think how others might find it offensive. Charlton Life isn't the place for posts like that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mongs????
  • Audioboo changing their name to Audioboom.
  • Stig said:

Take a look at what you've written and try to think how others might find it offensive. Charlton Life isn't the place for posts like that.

Are you admin?
  • Greenie said:

Stig said:

Take a look at what you've written and try to think how others might find it offensive. Charlton Life isn't the place for posts like that.

Are you admin?
    Yes he is. Look alongside his name. It says Moderator :-)
  • Coming out of the shower to find you've not got a towel ready
  • The top 10 most read news items on BBC website being half made up of old stories
  • Colleagues who chuck in a meaningless AOB at the end of a long boring meeting just to make themselves look important.

Using up time going to meetings where someone with the most boring voice on God's green earth reads a PowerPoint out word for word.

Meetings
  • The powerpoint slide should be put on screen after you have spoken about that subject to reinforce what you have just said.

However everyone puts the slide up and talks about that slide, whilst no one is paying attention as they are all reading the slide.
  • Rubber neckers.
    I've just read a story where the police have caught 60 people slowing down on the opposite side of a crash and then take a photo! !
    Why do some people slow down and cause more traffic problems to gawp at some poor soul who has crashed?
    Utter imbeciles.
  • When I am listening to music on the radio and like a record, wait to find out who it was and what is was called, but they never give you that information after the record only before and if you have never heard it before you would not be paying to much attention until after you have heard it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Birds in the office that ask you to get them something when you pop out for lunch, then dont offer you any money when you get back
  • ross1 said:

When I am listening to music on the radio and like a record, wait to find out who it was and what is was called, but they never give you that information after the record only before and if you have never heard it before you would not be paying to much attention until after you have heard it.

As long as you're not driving you can check the station's website and they should have a now playing and just played list.
  • When a load of people tag a post as 'Abuse' and I can't see what it is they said.
  • Geysers wearing scarfs in October
  • Apple Tv remotes. The bastards like to play a really nice game of hide-and-seek as they disappear off of the face of the earth ...

FOUND IT!!!
  • RedPanda said:

ross1 said:

When I am listening to music on the radio and like a record, wait to find out who it was and what is was called, but they never give you that information after the record only before and if you have never heard it before you would not be paying to much attention until after you have heard it.

As long as you're not driving you can check the station's website and they should have a now playing and just played list.
    Unfortunately, it is nearly always when I am driving
  • MrOneLung said:

IAgree said:

People having a pop at A block!

People who can't understand that criticising the concept of A block are not having a pop at the people in A block.

</blockquote
    Touché !
  • Also posted on the "EE and other networks" thread....

I don't think it matters that much who you're with. I've swapped providers a number of times over the years because none of them provide actual customer service.
    I honestly don't think any of them are any different. It's a thing that really pisses me off that these companies make signing up for their service or upgrading an absolute piece of piss - direct line through, answered quickly, knowledgeable staff etc - but as soon as there's a problem, or you want to leave, or ask a question, or anything at all that doesn't involve them taking more of your hard-earned, they make the process so difficult that you have to hire a private detective to find the right phone number, then there's a 30, 40, 50 minute wait on hold, eventually you get some doofus on the line who doesn't understand what the problem is and apparently has no authority to do anything you request, sometimes you get cut off, if you DO eventually get through to a 'supervisor' they argue the toss with you....and so it goes on.
    It MUST be beneficial to a company to make problem resolution a POSITIVE experience. I'd stay with a provider indefinitely if they looked after me properly. Unfortunately, none of these clowns do it.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!