Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Also posted on the "EE and other networks" thread....

I don't think it matters that much who you're with. I've swapped providers a number of times over the years because none of them provide actual customer service.
    I honestly don't think any of them are any different. It's a thing that really pisses me off that these companies make signing up for their service or upgrading an absolute piece of piss - direct line through, answered quickly, knowledgeable staff etc - but as soon as there's a problem, or you want to leave, or ask a question, or anything at all that doesn't involve them taking more of your hard-earned, they make the process so difficult that you have to hire a private detective to find the right phone number, then there's a 30, 40, 50 minute wait on hold, eventually you get some doofus on the line who doesn't understand what the problem is and apparently has no authority to do anything you request, sometimes you get cut off, if you DO eventually get through to a 'supervisor' they argue the toss with you....and so it goes on.
    It MUST be beneficial to a company to make problem resolution a POSITIVE experience. I'd stay with a provider indefinitely if they looked after me properly. Unfortunately, none of these clowns do it.

agree, you'd have thought that being in the communications industry, they'd be good at it, wankers..

on the subject of wankers, builders who think it's alright to start drilling and trying to make as much noise as possible at 7am just because the neighbours fancy a new crapper

• People who refer to their husbands or wives as " My Partner".
  • ads said:

Also posted on the "EE and other networks" thread....

I don't think it matters that much who you're with. I've swapped providers a number of times over the years because none of them provide actual customer service.
    I honestly don't think any of them are any different. It's a thing that really pisses me off that these companies make signing up for their service or upgrading an absolute piece of piss - direct line through, answered quickly, knowledgeable staff etc - but as soon as there's a problem, or you want to leave, or ask a question, or anything at all that doesn't involve them taking more of your hard-earned, they make the process so difficult that you have to hire a private detective to find the right phone number, then there's a 30, 40, 50 minute wait on hold, eventually you get some doofus on the line who doesn't understand what the problem is and apparently has no authority to do anything you request, sometimes you get cut off, if you DO eventually get through to a 'supervisor' they argue the toss with you....and so it goes on.
    It MUST be beneficial to a company to make problem resolution a POSITIVE experience. I'd stay with a provider indefinitely if they looked after me properly. Unfortunately, none of these clowns do it.

agree, you'd have thought that being in the communications industry, they'd be good at it, wankers..

on the subject of wankers, builders who think it's alright to start drilling and trying to make as much noise as possible at 7am just because the neighbours fancy a new crapper

I don't think builders are permitted to start before 8am. Check with your council & tell them to stop or you'll report them. (I did last year).
  • Macronate said:

people not knowing what the house scene in India is like right now.

why? are you thinking of getting on the property ladder over there?
  • Fumbluff said:

clowns

Surprised you come on here then......
  • ads said:

Craft beer and Artisan bread....its just beer and bread made in the way they used to be you pretentious hipster bellends

OK I'll call it "Better than the shit in the supermarket" bread.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1. Blokes who wear bright/lairy socks.
    2. People who think said blokes wearing bright/lairy socks make them cool/fun/a good personality etc etc!
  • Macronate said:

Unfortunately Macronate the conversation developed today. One of them has tickets to see Pharell tonight at the o2. The conversation has moved onto Pharell and phrases such as these are being thrown around....

"Pharell is sick man, you cannot question what he's bringing to the scene at the moment"

"Nah but you gotta respect Jay Z, he came from nothing to be where he is today, that's real"

"Kanye is a sell out though, etc etc etc"

Just as I write this, they're talking about wine, apparently alcohol was invented in Iran, so there's diversity in this all encompassing shite.

What will I get tomorrow, I can't wait to find out
  • cabbles said:

Macronate said:

Unfortunately Macronate the conversation developed today. One of them has tickets to see Pharell tonight at the o2. The conversation has moved onto Pharell and phrases such as these are being thrown around....

"Pharell is sick man, you cannot question what he's bringing to the scene at the moment"

"Nah but you gotta respect Jay Z, he came from nothing to be where he is today, that's real"

Just as I write this, they're talking about wine, apparently alcohol was invented in Iran, so there's diversity in this all encompassing shite.

Whatever it is cabbles, I hope you share it. Sounds like you've got the makings go a Dave Gorman set there.
  • Stig said:

cabbles said:

Macronate said:

Whatever it is cabbles, I hope you share it. Sounds like you've got the makings go a Dave Gorman set there.
    I had to look him up there, the only Gorman I know was Paul Gorman, he of the early 90s. If it's excruciatingly bad I'll spare you. Why should CL suffer this. They'll definitely be reviewing it though......
  • Fiiish said:

Trains that are consistently a few minutes late.

If the train physically cannot keep to the timetable, just change the timetable so commuters aren't sat in the pissing wind for 5-10 minutes extra than they need to.

Maybe if they forced train drivers to stick their head out of the window when they're running late in cold/wet weather, I don't think there'd be as many late trains, or the drivers would ask for the timetables to be changed to something actually possible within the laws of physics.

Also, trains whose timetables don't satisfy the demand. I take a commuter train that only runs twice an hour during peak hours. Since most people start work at either half past or on the hour, why do both trains reach their destinations (a major city) just after half past or the hour? If I start work at 8, what good is a train that gets me to the station at 8.03? What good is that to commuters who start work at 9? Who is this train intended for, the staff of the only office in England that starts work at 8.15? Bastards.

it is for the people who have to walk 27 minutes to their office from the station.
  • MrOneLung said:

Fiiish said:

If the train physically cannot keep to the timetable, just change the timetable so commuters aren't sat in the pissing wind for 5-10 minutes extra than they need to.

Maybe if they forced train drivers to stick their head out of the window when they're running late in cold/wet weather, I don't think there'd be as many late trains, or the drivers would ask for the timetables to be changed to something actually possible within the laws of physics.

Also, trains whose timetables don't satisfy the demand. I take a commuter train that only runs twice an hour during peak hours. Since most people start work at either half past or on the hour, why do both trains reach their destinations (a major city) just after half past or the hour? If I start work at 8, what good is a train that gets me to the station at 8.03? What good is that to commuters who start work at 9? Who is this train intended for, the staff of the only office in England that starts work at 8.15? Bastards.

it is for the people who have to walk 27 minutes to their office from the station.

No need to be rational about it!
  • Surely people who have a 20 minute walk to the office as they have to stop off and get their Latte/Cappuchio/American on the way.
  • People who refer to their husbands or wives as " My Partner".

Absolutely, this annoys me so much more than it probably should
  • MrOneLung said:

Fiiish said:

Granted, except, like most cities, there are multiple stations all within 15 minute walk of each other, so if your walk to work is more than 10 minutes from one station, it is probably less than 10 minutes from another station. I honestly don't know, looking top down on the city, how anyone's place of work could be further than 15 minute walk from the nearest train station unless they're walking on their knees.
  • Sponsored links:

• rina said:

People who refer to their husbands or wives as " My Partner".

Absolutely, this annoys me so much more than it probably should
    Can I add 'The wife'? There's something weird about it. Especially when you knew the woman before they were married. "The wife will be here soon." What? We both know her name's Julie, what are you talking about?
  • Footballers/Olly Murs doing that two handed heart thing....wankers.

Fold up bikes....blokes on 'em look like wankers.

The clocks going back (soon)....depressingly wank.
  • Footballers/Olly Murs doing that two handed heart thing....wankers.

They should really be doing pound signs with the fingers, or maybe a 'loadsamoney' type mime...the wankers
  • Red sky at night shepherds delight, red sky in morning shepherds warning? Does anyone know any shepherds? Fuck me the last employed one lived with Jesus ! So annoying
  • Red sky at night shepherds delight, red sky in morning shepherds warning? Does anyone know any shepherds? Fuck me the last employed one lived with Jesus ! So annoying

That's fighting talk in Betws-y-coed
  • Mexican waves.
  • edited October 2014
    Andy Townsend, irritates the hell out of me.
  • The price of drinks in Dublin, out here with work and it's kin expensive. Still, never mind I'm smashed.
  • Saulc23 said:

Mexican waves.

I was at Wembley tonight and the Mexican wave was the only fun i had all night. The football certainly wasn't entertaining,
  • International breaks
    What the hell am I going to do on Saturday?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!