Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• cabbles said:

kafka said:

Waking up early at the weekends thinking about work problems

Oh jeez, with you on that one massively and I'll add sitting there with the missus trying to watch a bit of mindless tele when up pops the mental diary of what you need to do tomorrow at work or stressing about what you couldn't do that day. Very envious of some colleagues who claim to switch off at the end of the day with their PC's
    Work in general, particularly the business world. People that revel in saying they've got client meetings, they are on a conference call or on client site. Some bollocks like that. There's too much snobbishness in business, people like Alan Sugar and the apprentice are to blame. Good on the one hand to promote 'entrepreneurialism', but that in itself fucks me off sometimes. Suddenly everyone has to be an entrepreneur and think they are the next judge on Dragons Den. There's that silly Right Move advert that says 'this is your reward for juggling conference calls etc blah blah'. It basically feels like they're saying if you haven't achieved this in your life to date you are a nobody. I read an article on LinkedIn the other day about some high flyer who lost everything and re-built himself back up again, but first having to take a job washing cars and seeing some ex clients and friends and thinking he would feel embarrassed etc. Fair play to him for doing that, but it's the very fact that he initially felt embarrassed about what people might say seeing him work there. Why have we created this world where people feel that certain jobs are to be looked down on. Or people just immediately dismiss you because they think their job puts them on a higher level. As far as I'm concerned if you work hard, pay your taxes then you should be given just as much respect whatever you do. No, let's just continue promoting certain types of jobs as the be all and end all
    You'll never get anywhere in business until you learn about paragraphs

:o)
  • cabbles said:

kafka said:

Oh jeez, with you on that one massively and I'll add sitting there with the missus trying to watch a bit of mindless tele when up pops the mental diary of what you need to do tomorrow at work or stressing about what you couldn't do that day. Very envious of some colleagues who claim to switch off at the end of the day with their PC's
    Work in general, particularly the business world. People that revel in saying they've got client meetings, they are on a conference call or on client site. Some bollocks like that. There's too much snobbishness in business, people like Alan Sugar and the apprentice are to blame. Good on the one hand to promote 'entrepreneurialism', but that in itself fucks me off sometimes. Suddenly everyone has to be an entrepreneur and think they are the next judge on Dragons Den. There's that silly Right Move advert that says 'this is your reward for juggling conference calls etc blah blah'. It basically feels like they're saying if you haven't achieved this in your life to date you are a nobody. I read an article on LinkedIn the other day about some high flyer who lost everything and re-built himself back up again, but first having to take a job washing cars and seeing some ex clients and friends and thinking he would feel embarrassed etc. Fair play to him for doing that, but it's the very fact that he initially felt embarrassed about what people might say seeing him work there. Why have we created this world where people feel that certain jobs are to be looked down on. Or people just immediately dismiss you because they think their job puts them on a higher level. As far as I'm concerned if you work hard, pay your taxes then you should be given just as much respect whatever you do. No, let's just continue promoting certain types of jobs as the be all and end all

About 6 years ago when Blackberries were all the rage. I went to a meeting with a company that sell employee benefits. This fat little benefits consultant who was part of the meeting spent the whole time with his pudgy little fingers sending emails on his BB. Loved it he did

Leroy you'll never get anywhere in Virology with your current views on Ebola ;-)
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

kafka said:

About 6 years ago when Blackberries were all the rage. I went to a meeting with a company that sell employee benefits. This fat little benefits consultant who was part of the meeting spent the whole time with his pudgy little fingers sending emails on his BB. Loved it he did

Leroy you'll never get anywhere in Virology with your current views on Ebola ;-)
    Touche!
  • Vinnie V. said:

Oh and arks. As in arks a question. Dicks, all of them.

Add to that 'prolly'...sort of thing a 3 year old would say
  • cabbles said:

kafka said:

Slightly OTT IMO. I run my own business and switching off is hard when you have 120 people relying on you to get their monthly pay. Nothing to do with Alan Sugar / dragons den which are just TV reality programmes.
  • Germany not losing for 34 qualifiers until I bet on them.

• kafka said:

cabbles said:

kafka said:

Slightly OTT IMO. I run my own business and switching off is hard when you have 120 people relying on you to get their monthly pay. Nothing to do with Alan Sugar / dragons den which are just TV reality programmes.
    Not really. People that run their own businesses I have nothing but respect for and the fact that u say u employ 120 people then hats off to u because that's 120 people that might not have a job. I'm talking more about the snobbishness that goes with it. I mean you yourself must've seen it running your own business. People that leave their personality at the door when they start work and become something they're not. The bullshit that goes with it. That statement was by no mean an attack on entrepreneurs.
  • Paragraphs!
  • Adverts,
  • Trains with drunk people when you're not one of them.

They need to have clearly labelled Smashed / Not Smashed carriages.
  • Sponsored links:

• adsads
    edited October 2014

Trains with drunk people when you're not one of them.

They need to have clearly labelled Smashed / Not Smashed carriages.

They do, theyre called 1st class and standard. Alight at Abbey Wood and have the chauffeur pick you up from there
  • Bullshit dressed up as science. I have no problem with people believing in bullshit. Religion, for instance. If you want to believe in a super powerful zombie who could cure every illness in the world but just chose not to, or a magic pair of pants, or that simply saying someone's name legitimately provokes assault - fair play to you.

But trying to dress bullshit up as scientific to give it a veneer of respectability - no.

Homeopathy is a perfect example of this. Diluting something down so that it becomes MORE 'potent'?
    Diluting it until there is less left of it in a solution than there are known atoms in the universe?
    Hitting the bottle you make the solution in with a leather paddle because that's the only way to truly release its potency?
    Ignoring the results of every single scientific study of homeopathy which has concluded that it's shite... But still calling yourselves 'doctors'?

We need an amen button. Related but just as stupid, applied kinesiology, reflexology ... These dress themselves up in scientific language to give the impression they are supported by evidence or there is an understood mechanism underpinning it. There isn't. Placebo controlled double blind tests prove it to be bollocks. You often find the people who believe in this crap reckon there is no evidence for the efficacy of vaccines either. And then put their kids and other's at risk
  • People who sing yaya/kolo toure chants at the darts
  • Clive Tyldesley
  • Low calorie mayonnaise. It looks and tastes nothing like mayonnaise and it has the texture of mastic.
  • Brollies. They are a menace, unnecessary if you dress appropriately and unbecoming of a man.
  • Seeing Ian Holloway waiting for a kebab in your favourite/local kebab house.

He isn't allowed good taste.
  • Fiiiiiish said:

Seeing Ian Holloway waiting for a kebab in your favourite/local kebab house.

He isn't allowed good taste.

Just now;-) be good to know that's how they start the week off down at Millwall....
  • Sponsored links:

• Brollies. They are a menace, unnecessary if you dress appropriately and unbecoming of a man.

It's short people with brollies that bother me. One's that don't seem to have any comprehension that the spokes of their brolly are at eye-level for normal people. I think that the Charlton Life height test ought to be extended to anyone wanting to carry this ridiculous parasolic paraphernalia.
  • Stig said:

Brollies. They are a menace, unnecessary if you dress appropriately and unbecoming of a man.

It's short people with brollies that bother me. One's that don't seem to have any comprehension that the spokes of their brolly are at eye-level for normal people. I think that the Charlton Life height test ought to be extended to anyone wanting to carry this ridiculous parasolic paraphernalia.
    ahhh they really fuck me off. its ok fella, you dont get wet but dont worry about strolling off up The Strand with my eyeball attached to your brolly.
  • Stig said:

Brollies. They are a menace, unnecessary if you dress appropriately and unbecoming of a man.

ahhh they really fuck me off. its ok fella, you dont get wet but dont worry about strolling off up The Strand with my eyeball attached to your brolly.
    @Stig, @ValleyGary nightmare scenario oompa lumpas on a busy high street, pissing down with rain :)
  • cabbles said:

kafka said:

Well said.

Those that carry on being 'business people' outside of the office wind me up. They'll talk about everyday social things like Football or family and immediately jump into talking about the business behind it, showing off with numbers and theories that they know about as a result of what they do for a living. Lighten up FFS.
  • The lottery numbers looking so obvious when I look up the results.
  • cabbles said:

Stig said:

@Stig, @ValleyGary nightmare scenario oompa lumpas on a busy high street, pissing down with rain :)
    Even in the hands of tall or considerate people who normally raise them above the kill zone, tube entrances are reduced to Indiana Jones style deathtraps, what with everyone congregating to witness the wonder of rain and wildly opening/closing their umbrellas in all directions.

• To be fair, there are one or two on here who like to allude to their wealth/standing from time to time.
  • ross1 said:

While I was on holiday in Egypt, there were two Essex couples, and the two men were trying to out rich each other, both about 30 and had their own businesses. Every day no matter whether I was on the beach or by the pool you could hear them going on about how much money they earned, how many people worked for them etc. One had just come back from Vegas on a stag trip with his mates. The strange thing is, for all his wealth and mouth, he wore the same swimming trunks every day and the same shirt every evening.

Hence why he is so rich. He saves money on washing powder
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!