Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• When someone apologises "unreservedly" as though that is somehow more of an apology than merely apologising. Why not say " I apologise wholly unreservedly" then you buffoon? And once that has caught on, you could add the word sincerely too as though an insincere reserved apology would mean more than diddly squat.
  • Boat shoes
  • You might not like this then, McBobbin.

• People on a packed train who still try to read the feckin paper instead of trying to hold on so they don't fall into another person.

Get your hand out my face!!
  • Soemeone at work emailed me and said i will drop it to you momentarily... momentarily? Pompous oik... whats wrong with "in a min".
  • edited October 2014
    Jumped up little shits talking in abbreviations and acronyms to exclude others from the conversation because they think it makes them look clever and others will be too embarrassed to ask what they stand for.

• LenGlover said:

Jumped up little shits talking in abbreviations and acronyms to exclude others from the conversation because they think it makes them look clever and others will be to embarrassed too ask what they stand for.

WTF?
  • edited October 2014

LenGlover said:

Jumped up little shits talking in abbreviations and acronyms to exclude others from the conversation because they think it makes them look clever and others will be to embarrassed too ask what they stand for.

WTF?
    I'll choose one we all know to try and explain.

Katrien Meire is the Chief Executive officer at Charlton.

People might say Katrien Meire is the CEO at Charlton instead. Now the majority of people will know what CEO means so not a particular problem in this instance.

However it certainly can be and I find information technology (or should that be IT) people are amongst the worst for it.

EDIT: I think I should "whoosh" myself!

• Katrien's My Totty?
  • Sponsored links:

• Agree Len, too many TLA's
  • Fiiiiiish said:

People on a packed train who still try to read the feckin paper instead of trying to hold on so they don't fall into another person.

Get your hand out my face!!

totally agree, at a plus those people on a packed train sat down who read the paper while squashed up next to you, almost as if you have to read it with them.

heck newspapers on public transport in general

• But then if they were reading from a hand held device we'd all be saying get a newspaper.
  • When there is a news story about someone (semi) famous or having a fight or punching someone , there will always be those who can't wait to comment on the fight/punch: "it was only handbags", "how soft was that", "it was only a rabbit punch", "my nan could have hit him harder" etc. Invariably they aren't really commenting on the incident concerned, but are just trying to make themselves look harder.
  • When people run out of steam when talking and so end up by saying, "I could go on all day about it". No, the reason you've just said that is because you couldn't go on all day about it.
  • KMT!

Kiss my todger?
  • KMT!

Kiss my todger?
    That's such an infuriating gif..................................................
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

KMT!

Kiss my todger?
    That's such an infuriating gif..................................................
    Yea but would ya?
  • edited October 2014
    Stig said:

People who get on a train carriage on a cold day and are too lazy to press the button that shuts the doors. I could go on all day about it.

Was it a steam train, Stig?

Or had it run out by then?
  • When a slow moving lorry tries to overtake a slightly slower moving lorry on a dual carriage way and takes absolutely ages to actual overtake. It's even worse if it's only a short stretch of dual carriage way before going back to a boringly long single carriage in an area where overtaking is impractical

A 140 by any chance?

Bartram lorry by any chance?

AFKA has a lot to answer for

:-)
  • ads said:

cabbles said:

KMT!

Kiss my todger?
    Yea but would ya?
    Of all the gifs on all the threads in all the forums, VG had to post that one.....
  • Traffic cones, on and on and on they go, miles of them, everywhere.
  • limeygent said:

Traffic cones, on and on and on they go, miles of them, everywhere.

You've got to put them somewhere, why not store them on the roads.
  • End of Project Wrap Party booked for night before Millwall :-(
  • Telling people that a celebrity gogglebox is on when it ain't really.
  • My favourite pub being shut down. Haste ye back RLAs.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!