Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Stig said:

"El Clasico". Not the fixture, but it's poncey jumped-up self-important nomenclature. Other teams are available you know, even in Spain. And anyway, it sounds like a cheap and nasty Mediterranean wine.

It isnt even a bloody Derby...

As the BBC have mentioned this week, some of these fans, players should go Greece for the Athens match, that looks nasty or the Cairo match where the Egypt FA have to get a foreign ref to take charge
  • Drinks in the Hammersmith Apollo.
    £6.80 for a tin of Murphys and a Coke (not even a full can the barman already had the can part used)
    I know and expect a mark up and that it wont be Morrisons prices but we had to drink from plastic cups and stand.
    I'll go thirsty next time.
  • When you're transferring between a train and the tube/bus/tram at a major transport hub and you have to fight through 5000 braindead morons gawping at a set of departure boards waiting to find out what platform their train will be departing from.
  • Brand names.

Russell & Jo to start with.
  • Non standardisation for the 'how much do you want' buttons on a cash machine.
    Just drew out 100 quid by mistake.
  • Bloody squirrels digging up my garden. I can see one now so when I shoo him off he will just hop to the end of the garden and stick two claws up.
  • Toilets where the back of the bowl curves out, meaning any faecal deposits have to slide down the porcelain.
    I mean it's not rocket science is it?
    Who does this shit designing?

Or maybe I'm just sitting round the wrong way?

Oh my good gawd!
  • Nicked all the hazel nuts now they've scoffed all the chestnuts, greedy selfish vermin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Toilets where the back of the bowl curves out, meaning any faecal deposits have to slide down the porcelain.
    I mean it's not rocket science is it?
    Who does this shit designing?

Or maybe I'm just sitting round the wrong way?

It is called a bidet mate.
  • Nah, it's not just on my b'day, it's every bloody day.
  • It annoy's me that Harry Woods' "Live, love, laugh and be happy" lyrics from the Red Red Robin are misappropriated by companies selling cheap and nasty home furnishing tat. It especially grates when they jumble them up as "Live, Laugh, Love".

I did have to lauch today though when I saw a stack of these whist being dragged around a particularly shitty store. I guess these were proof read by the club's comms team:

Live Love Lauch-12
  • South Croydon and the shitty attitude of those who inhabit this hovel
  • Having to oversee my two cats eat breakfast this morning hungover, policing the fat one from trying to steal the dignified one's food.

The fat tub actually managed to pull a whole chicken thigh marinaded in BBQ sauce off the plate the other day, flipped it over and started nibbling the side with no marinade. I'm amazed at the levels this cat will go to re: food
  • The judging eyes women with prams give you at the bottom of the station stairs when you need to get up there quickly for your train.
  • Porridge. The missus makes me eat it, you know the quick drying stuff.
  • pettgra said:

Porridge. The missus makes me eat it, you know the quick drying stuff.

Is she trying to poison you with cement?
  • ads said:

pettgra said:

Porridge. The missus makes me eat it, you know the quick drying stuff.

Is she trying to poison you with cement?
    Cement may be more preferable. I am going to chuck a couple of sausages on it in future.
  • "Move on", "Thanks Colin" and the absolute worst of them all "Bore off".
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

It annoy's me that Harry Woods' "Live, love, laugh and be happy" lyrics from the Red Red Robin are misappropriated by companies selling cheap and nasty home furnishing tat. It especially grates when they jumble them up as "Live, Laugh, Love".

I did have to lauch today though when I saw a stack of these whist being dragged around a particularly shitty store. I guess these were proof read by the club's comms team:

Live Love Lauch-12

good one ..why do women bring home tat like that (even if its spelt right )?

the former mrs lolwray used to go to boot sales to sell off growing mountains of tat only to buy a different mountain from the the other stalls !!

if you didnt lauch youd cry !

• From the BBC

''A convicted burglar has absconded from Leyhill Open Prison near Bristol, making him the jail's third prisoner to be reported missing in a week.

Michael Dare - described by police as a danger to the public - was last seen at Leyhill at 17:00 GMT on Friday.''

A danger. To the public. In an open prison.
    WTF?
  • Stig said:

"Move on", "Thanks Colin" and the absolute worst of them all "Bore off".

Charlton Life - doing the same jokes to death since 2006.

Who the hell do you think you are
  • edited November 2014

Drinks in the Hammersmith Apollo.
    £6.80 for a tin of Murphys and a Coke (not even a full can the barman already had the can part used)
    I know and expect a mark up and that it wont be Morrisons prices but we had to drink from plastic cups and stand.
    I'll go thirsty next time.

Ah, the glory days of £3.50 for a can of Red Stripe at the Astoria ;-)

Who the hell do you think you are

Use the right photo ;-)
  • There's a Michael Appleton photo for every mood
  • People who spend ages at the cash point when they already have taken their money out. Poncing about, counting their money 2 or 3 times with no consideration for the people waiting behind them.
  • Banter, fella, pal. 3 words that get on my wick.
  • Foreign manager and player use of the word 'moment' and British managers following them down this path. A month of bad results isn't a single moment.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!