Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• F'n work toilet roll holders. Let's make it akin to participating in a 'skill' game on the crystal maze by trying to negotiate getting toilet roll out of the holder. The one I'm working on as I write this as has a tiny space in which to get your hand up and into, to try and get a loose end. Ridiculous.

• edited November 2014

Banter, fella, pal. 3 words that get on my wick.

'Lad' is the worst.
  • cabbles said:

F'n work toilet roll holders. Let's make it akin to participating in a 'skill' game on the crystal maze by trying to negotiate getting toilet roll out of the holder. The one I'm working on as I write this as has a tiny space in which to get your hand up and into, to try and get a loose end. Ridiculous.

Especially when it's dripping down your hand and going up your sleeve.
  • Being called 'John', 'Mate', 'Geezer', 'Bruv', 'Boss' etc, when someone doesn't know your name. Just ask me my bloody name and then use it.
  • johnny73 said:

Being called 'John', 'Mate', 'Geezer', 'Bruv', 'Boss' etc, when someone doesn't know your name. Just ask me my bloody name and then use it.

Sorry dude.
    I'd suggest that if somebody called you John, they do know your bloody name and have used it
  • johnny73 said:

Being called 'John', 'Mate', 'Geezer', 'Bruv', 'Boss' etc, when someone doesn't know your name. Just ask me my bloody name and then use it.

Sorry dude.
    I'd suggest that if somebody called you John, they do know your bloody name and have used it
    Nope. I've been called John by total strangers. It was (is?) commonly used in North West Kent.
  • Nothing wrong with calling someone "mate" if you don't know their name. Not the sort of thing to get annoyed about surely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit chavvy. I adjust my language according to who I'm with and I'd only call randomers 'mate' at the football or the darts.

• Bit chavvy. I adjust my language according to who I'm with and I'd only call randomers 'mate' at the football or the darts.

For me I think I've been accepted when the Indian off license owner at the end of my road calls me 'boss man'

Then I realise he says that to everyone.
  • People who post on the Post Match Views thread who weren't at the game or didnt even see it on TV.
    If I can't get to a game I want to read an opinion of someone who was there, not someone who is guessing what it might have been like.

Toffee Apples. They annoy me as well with their treacly gooey outside hiding mouldy apples.
  • @Greenie‌ I've put the comments from those there in bold so it's easy for you to skim through and pick out. I'm good like that

Cheers mate, much aporeciated,
    Can you do anything about toffee apples.
  • @Greenie‌ I've put the comments from those there in bold so it's easy for you to skim through and pick out. I'm good like that

That must have taken 10 seconds :-)
  • Ronan Keating
  • When fans sing a quick, sped up version of their anthems. Liverpool fans, for example, sing you'll never walk alone mid game but it sounds nothing like the original record.

Sing it at its proper tempo or don't sing at all.
  • Political threads
  • When fans sing a quick, sped up version of their anthems. Liverpool fans, for example, sing you'll never walk alone mid game but it sounds nothing like the original record.

Sing it at its proper tempo or don't sing at all.

When Liverpool fans sing at all. Period. You'd have to travel a long way to find a group of people more annoying than their constant dirges that sound like a group of lobotomised gorillas trying to sing Sweet Child of Mine.
  • Sponsored links:

• People who don't move over or slow down to let people off a slip road.
  • People who think it's cool to go out with their top button done up on a casual shirt.

Absolutely this. I'm convinced it was started as a piss take, then a load of sheep copied it thinking it looked cool. Looks ridiculous.
  • Men who wear rings, it just looks chavvy, except wedding rings you can wear those. Carry on.
  • The inconsiderate idiot who through a half full can of beer into my empty recycle bin today.

Had to take it out and hose the bin down and leave it upside down to dry before any recyclable stuff can be put in.

When people confuse words that sound the same. I've told people about that on this forum far two many times :)
    Sorry, my bad. 'THREW'
  • Lidl only having one till open, despite there being a queue of about twelve customers. I'm in a rush ffs!!!!
  • Lidl only having one till open, despite there being a queue of about twelve customers. I'm in a rush ffs!!!!

Yeah, but you are also in Lidl.
    Cheap. Fewer checkout workers. That's kind of how it works!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!