Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Make it vodka and I'll poor my heart out AFKA.
  • Done.

Though in reality I'm currently silking my throat with amaretto
  • That'll do :-)
  • Done.

Though in reality I'm currently silking my throat with amaretto

Ooh get you, Mr La di dah.
  • It's the dregs from last Christmas.

One of those days....
  • It's the dregs from last Christmas.

One of those days....

Christ! Apologies mate. Didn't realize you had sunk so low.
    Get well soon, or at least before the egg nog/advocaat becomes attractive.
  • Christmas decorations up in Wetherspoons...yesterday... Armistice Day.
    Appalled.
  • People who approach a roundabout on the nearside lane and then drive right a round it
  • People (mainly on property programmes) who describe the kitchen as the heart/hub of the home and "we spend most of our time here", "we like to entertain while I'm cooking here"
    They are either telling lies (you spend all of your time in the kitchen cooking and eating you'd resemble a land whale) or they are pompous bores.
    Get an arm chair telly and DVD player and enjoy a good veg out like most of the population.
  • The fact that broadcasters continue to give free publicity to oxygen thiefs such as Russell Brand, Cody Lachey, Jodie Cunningham and Katie Hopkins. I hadn't even heard of the last 3 until this week when they all appeared in the news spouting off offensive rubbish. Why have intellectual informed debate & discussion when generating controversy by giving idiots a platform to spout ridiculous views is much easier?
  • Sponsored links:

• The John Lewis Christmas ad with the penguins.

While I'm at it, any Christmas ad showing 25 delirious multi generation souls round a table having the time of their lives on Christmas Day. For most, if they care to admit it, it's a boring day with 6 people in a front room getting tetchy with each other.
  • Christmas.
  • How can you not like Christmas?!!! Its what you make of it.

Because I'm not 5 years old.

I totally understand why a lot of people like Christmas and so they should.

Sadly, they appear to very myopic in understanding why others either don't care much for Christmas or even find it genuinely lonely and depressing.

Phrases like 'it's what you make of it' are a bit simplistic.

Most of the commercial garbage surrounding it just gets on my tits and I'm delighted when Boxing Day comes along.

• Greenie said:

How can you not like Christmas?!!! Its what you make of it.

I'd say you was about 8 from that answer!!
  • Its the whole jumping on the bandwagon that I hate from the retail sector...Especially with Xmas crap becoming available in August / September time.

Agree with @ValleyGary on the above, think when I have kids it'll mean a lot more again

But for now... means a week off between Xmas and New Year
  • Greenie said:

Lol, don't forget to go to church for Christ's Mass.
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Lol, don't forget to go to church for Christ's Mass.
    Depends what time the pub closes!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Needed to prove what a big man he is!!
  • The term "super food"
    Add to that antioxidants, vitamins, supplements, drinking expensive bottled water.
  • People (mainly on property programmes) who describe the kitchen as the heart/hub of the home and "we spend most of our time here", "we like to entertain while I'm cooking here"
    They are either telling lies (you spend all of your time in the kitchen cooking and eating you'd resemble a land whale) or they are pompous bores.
    Get an arm chair telly and DVD player and enjoy a good veg out like most of the population.

Spot on.

Normally spouted by some middle aged couple buying a 6-bedroom pile in Northumberland for 200k who say they need the space for "entertaining our friends when they visit from London."

There will be no visitors from London.
    'There will be no visitors from London'. Brilliant line

I'd also like to go a stage further if I may, and have a rant at Kirsty and Phil for Location, Location, Location or whatever there show was. Suddenly everyone doing up a house is an f'n project manager!!!!
  • Was buying a birthday card for a friend today, the music playing in the shop was "I wish it could be Christmas every day". Practically bloody is in that shop! (icandy in H*m*l H*mpstead).

• cabbles said:

People (mainly on property programmes) who describe the kitchen as the heart/hub of the home and "we spend most of our time here", "we like to entertain while I'm cooking here"

Spot on.

Normally spouted by some middle aged couple buying a 6-bedroom pile in Northumberland for 200k who say they need the space for "entertaining our friends when they visit from London."

'There will be no visitors from London'. Brilliant line

I'd also like to go a stage further if I may, and have a rant at Kirsty and Phil for Location, Location, Location or whatever there show was. Suddenly everyone doing up a house is an f'n project manager!!!!
    Yes, and they normally have no idea what they are doing and come in double the budget and treble the time!

Spot on.

What a cold line, very good.
  • People who ring me up with a cold call and start by saying "Hello, how are you today, Phil?"
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!