Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• People who ring me up with a cold call and start by saying "Hello, how are you today, Phil?"

Yes I'd be annoyed to be called Phil when my name is thai

:-)
  • edited November 2014
    LenGlover said:

People who ring me up with a cold call and start by saying "Hello, how are you today, Phil?"

Yes I'd be annoyed to be called Phil when my name is thai

:-)
    If I get "Hello, how are you today, Thai", I would know it's AFKA cold calling again.
  • People who suck their teeth.
  • People who ring me up with a cold call and start by saying "Hello, how are you today, Phil?"

Swear to God, this was the opening gambit from a cold caller at my house, 'Oh, you look a bit miserable today.' Which was followed a millisecond later by the door slamming in his face.

I have to cold call for my job. The best I go with is "Hi (whoever) we haven't spoken before, is this a convenient moment"

• cabbles said:

People who ring me up with a cold call and start by saying "Hello, how are you today, Phil?"

I have to cold call for my job. The best I go with is "Hi (whoever) we haven't spoken before, is this a convenient moment"

• cabbles said:

Haha. I wish. It's all just bollocks. One big bloody game, trying to dodge the gatekeeper etc. physics and space is the way forward as we know
  • Cold calling - if you ask permission, then you are asking for rejection.
  • Sponsored links:

• Slim fit shirts
    Extra slim fit shirts
  • The phrase "Up to". As in "Up to 70% off".

Always turns out to be 70% off everything except all the things you want to buy. They'll be discounted 10% if you're lucky.
  • IdleHans said:

The phrase "Up to". As in "Up to 70% off".

Always turns out to be 70% off everything except all the things you want to buy. They'll be discounted 10% if you're lucky.

When I see that I always think that they were prepared to rip me off at some piont when the price was 100% of their RRP.
    All these sale prices annoy me, they give the impression there are doing you a favor when the retailer is never going to sell its goods at a loss.
  • People who send read receipts on emails, and then if I don't reply instantly send another one saying ' I noticed you read my first email blah blah blah'.

Leave me alone!
  • People who send read receipts on emails, and then if I don't reply instantly send another one saying ' I noticed you read my first email blah blah blah'.

Leave me alone!

That is like playing your joker card. Should only do that when complaining to multinationals. Not in day to day correspondence

Good call sa!

Leave me alone!

Someone called me the other day to ask me why I deleted their company's newsletter email without opening it.

Ridiculous

Leave me alone!

Why do you click on 'ok' so that they get the read receipt.
    Just read it without sending the message.
  • edited November 2014
    MrOneLung said:

People who send read receipts on emails, and then if I don't reply instantly send another one saying ' I noticed you read my first email blah blah blah'.

Leave me alone!

Or, just don't read it, by doing that simple thing with emails, it frees up so much time to dick around on websites.....the delete button is one of the best inventions...
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

People who send read receipts on emails, and then if I don't reply instantly send another one saying ' I noticed you read my first email blah blah blah'.

Leave me alone!

I normally do just that, until I got someone today emailing me asking why I hadn't replied, when his first email didn't even notify me of the read receipt! (Hence my post in frustration earlier!)
  • MrOneLung said:

Leave me alone!

I used to work for a bloke that never opened his emails he just left Outlook in preview mode. It was amazing how many people would have a quiet word with me along the lines of "Your boss, doesn't he ever read his emails?".
  • Stig said:

MrOneLung said:

Leave me alone!

I used to work for a bloke that never opened his emails he just left Outlook in preview mode. It was amazing how many people would have a quiet word with me along the lines of "Your boss, doesn't he ever read his emails?".
    One of my bosses never read most of his e mails, unless it was the 3rd one on the subject. He figured that if it was important, they would mail him again or ring him. Unfortunately, he was largely right. I could never do that, but then again I'm not a complete **** like he was :-)
  • People who take themselves way too seriously.

Sorry

Sorry
    Get over yourself. :-)
  • Nick Knight,statutory posh twat that apparently every cricket commentating team needs.
  • cabbles said:

Bloke on the train talking on the phone at the top of his voice about what is on the agenda for the meeting 2mo. All the business buzzwords were being used. I get that he might've needed to take the call and that work doesn't end when you leave the office, but I hear all the bollocks on a daily basis, I don't want it following me home.

And I could tell he was enjoying it. If it was me I would've been doing my best to keep my voice down, not projecting.

Have you tried getting close and projecting the word WANKER loudly so it can be heard at the other end of the phone? Should raise a titter or two.

Just say hang on I'll fetch him and then leave em on hold for ten mins. They'll be gone by then.

Just say hang on I'll fetch him and then leave em on hold for ten mins. They'll be gone by then.
    When asked how are you, I've taken to replying with "not bad considering the accident I've just had".
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!