Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• traffic lights.

if i'm in a hurry, i don't expect to be held up at these pointless contraptions.

and drivers who are not ready to go the moment the light goes amber, pay attention ffs.
  • Ticket ballots for cricket.
    The price of tickets for seats in the gods at the O2.
  • Macronate said:

traffic lights.

if i'm in a hurry, i don't expect to be held up at these pointless contraptions.

and drivers who are not ready to go the moment the light goes amber, pay attention ffs.

Try living in the midlands, here they slow down when approaching a green traffic light, after learning to drive in London, it does my head in
  • edited November 2014

Ticket ballots for cricket.

2 out of 4 of us turned down for The Oval, Eng v Aussies. 2 still to hear.

However, this happened this year & as not everyone, will take up the option, you should get them on priority on Tuesday 25th, if you get in earlyish.

However, this happened this year & as not everyone, will take up the option, you should get them on priority on Tuesday 25th, if you get in earlyish.
    Everyone should find out today. Still hopeful for tix on the 25th and lords obviously!

Everyone should find out today. Still hopeful for tix on the 25th and lords obviously!
    I've got tickets for Edgbaston, they are on general sale & plenty still available, although not on Saturday.

I think Trent Bridge are still available as well, although, didn't bother, having got Edgbaston.
  • The Android advert.

Loud, brash, messy and cheap.
  • Over eating
  • Christmas songs

standing next to my brother at reading waiting to go in and he started singing the fast food rockers song but a Christmas version.

I quickly moved away from hin
  • Christmas songs

standing next to my brother at reading waiting to go in and he started singing the fast food rockers song but a Christmas version.

I was thinking about giving you a like for that post, Paulie, but you might use it as evidence against me to prove that I am boring.
  • Sponsored links:

• Christmas songs

I was thinking about giving you a like for that post, Paulie, but you might use it as evidence against me to prove that I am boring.
    I promise not to
  • Going to Ashford just for the Ralph shop....
    and discovering a thousand others had the same thought this morning.
  • miiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllllll
  • Going to Ashford just for the Ralph shop....
    and discovering a thousand others had the same thought this morning.

Worth it? Any good fiennes?
  • Lists of ingredients that start with 'aqua'. If you can't be honest enough to call water 'water', how can I trust anything else on the list.
  • People (almost exclusively northerners) who don't understand the difference between the words lend and borrow.
  • dont get annoyed by it - It's just a bit of give and take.
  • Comments on RIP threads like "Another part of my childhood gone......"
  • Stig said:

Lists of ingredients that start with 'aqua'. If you can't be honest enough to call water 'water', how can I trust anything else on the list.

I make sure I pour myself a glass of aqua each night before I go to bed
  • rina said:

People (almost exclusively northerners) who don't understand the difference between the words lend and borrow.

In what way?
  • Sponsored links:

• Saga Lout said:

rina said:

People (almost exclusively northerners) who don't understand the difference between the words lend and borrow.

How about people who don't know the difference between "bought it" and "brought it" - makes you wonder how badly some people are bought up....
    Very good - that one's made me chuckle
  • People that use generic statements about things that they've heard or picked up from other people that think sound really profound.

My worst is when people say they have an 'eclectic' taste in music, thereby wanting to demonstrate they like different genres. Just about everyone can say that because pretty much everyone likes more than one genre in music. It's no big thing to say you like thrash metal but also have an Andrea Boccelli album.

The other one I heard the other day was the reporter on sky spts news talking about the death of Dessie Hughes. He said that he thinks the word 'legend' gets bandied about all too often these days for his liking, but Dessie Hughes is a legend in the true sense of the word.

I've got no problem with him saying Dessie Hughes is a true legend, I know nothing of racing, I'm sure he is. It's just people always say that bit before about the word legend being used all too loosely.

Minute cliches or sayings, bugging me.
  • Robbie Savage
  • Stig said:

Lists of ingredients that start with 'aqua'. If you can't be honest enough to call water 'water', how can I trust anything else on the list.

Check "aqua" isn't followed by "fortis" or "regia".
  • Do you know what really annoys me? People going on-line to complain about things that annoy them!
  • commuters who move up the carriage to get off at their stop.

it's the same distance you morons.
  • The depressing evolution of how people use forums.

The fact more people would rather contribute to argumentative threads about politics, religion, rapists etc and get into pathetic point scoring, tit for tat 'duals', than contribute to light hearted threads (such as memorable parties).
  • cabbles said:

People that use generic statements about things that they've heard or picked up from other people that think sound really profound.

My worst is when people say they have an 'eclectic' taste in music, thereby wanting to demonstrate they like different genres.

"Eclectic mix" isn't that like saying "Small little"
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!