Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• That said, I don't like it when bartenders ask "who's next [to be served]" because

a) I'm obviously more important than all the other plebs so it should be me
    b) If I am trying to push in, I feel all guilty
  • People. I hate em.

One customer just complained at the price of his, IMO, reasonably priced drinks (I earn less than £8 an hour btw, I'm hardly one to throw money around).

Another just tipped 25p on a £80 bar tab. AFTER we'd kept the kitchen open an extra 20 minutes so her table could get dessert.
    If you're not going to tip at least 10% don't insult me by "generously" leaving your change.

I'm gonna go home tonight and blow a lot of stuff up on a video game.
  • Bad language on this site from people who have the capacity to put across their views in an articulate manner without using foul words to express themselves.

• Fiiish said:

This has happened to me 3 times this week and really gets on my tits...

When you've been standing at a bar for a while waiting to get served, then as the bartender is coming over, someone walks up right next to you and gets served without even acknowledging you were there first.

The other thing as well is when it's busy at the bar and there are some yoghurts who have gotten served and then decided to keep standing at the bar whilst they chat and have their drinks, forcing people who had been queuing behind them to merge into the queues either side of them.

Three times in one week? Now I know what your username is all about - you drink like a fiiish! :-)
  • IdleHans said:

The green token charity bin system in Waitrose. You're not actually contributing anything, just reallocating a tiny tiny little bit of money to one cause and taking half the amount away from two others. I hope you can sleep at night!

I work for a charity which has benefited from this scheme and we are grateful for any contribution no matter how much it is.
  • IdleHans said:

The green token charity bin system in Waitrose. You're not actually contributing anything, just reallocating a tiny tiny little bit of money to one cause and taking half the amount away from two others. I hope you can sleep at night!

I work for a charity which has benefited from this scheme and we are grateful for any contribution no matter how much it is.
    Not arguing with the overall charitable effect, just that if you think it through your green token is making two charities slightly worse off for the benefit of one.
    I always just put mine in the one with the fewest, unless it's the local bellringing society.
  • shirty5 said:

Bad language on this site from people who have the capacity to put across their views in an articulate manner without using foul words to express themselves.

F*** off
  • People who are frightened of bad language, grow up FFS.

I also hate it when we have to put asterisks/other punctuation marks instead of letters, we all know what it says. What a load of Sh!t
  • Greenie said:

People who are frightened of bad language, grow up FFS.

I also hate it when we have to put asterisks/other punctuation marks instead of letters, we all know what it says. What a load of Sh!t

I think you mean: What a load of S**t
  • I think you can type salt it's not that offensive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

People who use FFS instead of writing For Fuck's Sake. Grow up FFS.
  • IdleHans said:

Greenie said:

People who use FFS instead of writing For Fuck's Sake. Grow up FFS.
    WHOOOSH..........
  • Colleagues who spend more time moaning about being asked to do work than they spend actually doing the work.
  • When you have good pop song and somebody comes and kills it with a crappy cover version.

Having said that though, 'It must be love' by Madness was first version of the song I heard and came to know and when I first hear the Labi Siffre original version I wasn't so keen. Same can be said for said for 'Love is all around' by Wet Wet Wet which was number 1 throughout the whole of summer 1994. I only heard the Troggs original version at later time after knowing Wet Wet Wet's version.
  • edited December 2014

When you have good pop song and somebody comes and kills it with a crappy cover version.

Having said that though, 'It must be love' by Madness was first version of the song I heard and came to know and when I first hear the Labi Siffre original version I wasn't so keen. Same can be said for said for 'Love is all around' by Wet Wet Wet which was number 1 throughout the whole of summer 1994. I only heard the Troggs original version at later time after knowing Wet Wet Wet's version.

So not that annoying after all then. I do like a happy ending.
  • Garlic presses. Utterly pointless.
  • IdleHans said:

Garlic presses. Utterly pointless.

They are great for squashing garlic
  • so is the flat of a knife
  • "We are currently experiencing a high number of calls"

Well get some more staff! Just about everyone I have called this week has this stupid message.
  • IdleHans said:

so is the flat of a knife

And of course the knife would never be pointless ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

"We are currently experiencing a high number of calls"

Well get some more staff! Just about everyone I have called this week has this stupid message.

With you 100% on this. There's a few places I call that always have that message on. I'm half tempted to try them on Christmas morning to see if they have a high volume then.
  • edited December 2014
    Going for a job interview and being told by the interviewer that you are over qualified for the role. Continue interview by stating why you are still the right candidate for the job.

Four days later, email from interviewer stating your experiences/qualifications were outstanding but they have offered job to another more suitable candidate.

I have no problem with that, what I have a problem with is why did they even invite you for an interview, they've already seen your over qualified in the CV sent prior.

These people don't seem to comprehend they are wasting good peoples time and energy.
  • edited December 2014

Going for a job interview and being told by the interviewer that you are over qualified for the role. Continue interview by stating why you are still the right candidate for the job.

Four days later, email from interviewer stating your experiences/qualifications were outstanding but they have offered job to another more suitable candidate.

I have no problem with that, what I have a problem with is why did they even invite you for an interview, they've already seen your over qualified in the CV sent prior.

These people don't seem to comprehend they are wasting good peoples time and energy.

Had this so many times when I was out of work for four months and really got on my nerves...

Like you say (1) Why bother giving the Interview (2) Surely having an experienced person is what is wanted (3) What they're really saying is they just dont want to be shown up by a member of their staff!!
  • Going for a job interview and being told by the interviewer that you are over qualified for the role. Continue interview by stating why you are still the right candidate for the job.

Had this so many times when I was out of work for four months and really got on my nerves...

Like you say (1) Why bother giving the Interview (2) Surely having an experienced person is what is wanted (3) What they're really saying is they just dont want to be shown up by a member of their staff!!
    Yes, incredibly frustrating. Actually (3) is the positive I've tried to take out of the whole process.
  • Going for a job interview and being told by the interviewer that you are over qualified for the role. Continue interview by stating why you are still the right candidate for the job.

Yes, incredibly frustrating. Actually (3) is the positive I've tried to take out of the whole process.
    Yeah was always exactly the same once Id stopped swearing... Remember one comment made on the phone when I was rejected was - "As your so experienced why dont you go for X type of position"

My response... If I bloody wanted that type of position, Id be bloody applying for it"

Its because they have aready interviewed someone else or lined someone else up for the job and still feel self important and love the whole process of being the dominate being.
    I work with people like this they have nothing else going on in thier little worlds.
    My place advertised for another body to the same job as me. Five (they prefer 6 for some reason) candidates were shortlisted of that two were the ones they wanted to battle it out.
    The two they had a preferance to didn't turn up but they others were still interviewed although they were never going to get the crap job.

• BT. I have never in all my years come across a company that are so absolutely useless. Even when you are dishing out 1000's and 1000's of pounds. I dont think there are enough swear words that i could use right now to explain how i feel about them.

Ok BT is not a general thing but its a good place to put a whinge.

• "Let it go, let it goooo".

please stop.

Its because they have aready interviewed someone else or lined someone else up for the job and still feel self important and love the whole process of being the dominate being.
    I work with people like this they have nothing else going on in thier little worlds.
    My place advertised for another body to the same job as me. Five (they prefer 6 for some reason) candidates were shortlisted of that two were the ones they wanted to battle it out.
    The two they had a preferance to didn't turn up but they others were still interviewed although they were never going to get the crap job.

Such an abysmal way to treat people who have put the time and effort into applying for a job.
  • That Nationwide advert.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII believe in yoooooooooooooooooooooou

Will never, ever be a customer of theirs purely thanks to that advert.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!