Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• People who sit on the train and use the seat next to them for their bags or luggage or coat and would happily see people stand while their belongings get a comfy seat.
    Selfish Bastards!

Hate it when young kids get given their own seat on a rush hour train only for them to be constantly standing, jumping around - Sit the little fucker on your lap so someone else can sit down!!
  • People who sit on the train and use the seat next to them for their bags or luggage or coat and would happily see people stand while their belongings get a comfy seat.
    Selfish Bastards!

Even if I'm going one stop on a tube I make a point of making them move the bags so I can sit down. That probably generally annoys people too :)
  • Cyclists on pavements.

Not kids or, this time, lycra fanatics, but an old dear who bombed along regardless of anyone in her path. I was to tempted to give a little push as I leapt out of her way!

Unbelievable. Maybe she is blind but if so would she be on a bike? I'm just relieved no kids or elderly (as in immobile) weren't about!
  • Not sure if this has been mentioned but really forgot this one and it absolutely sends me bordering Michael Douglas in Falling Down.

BP garages with Marks and Spencer

25 Cars shuffling for position to get Petrol whilst waiting for a pump because some pricks want to do the weekly shop, have their croissant warmed up, their bacon cooked a bit extra and the Hazelnut Syrup has ran out for their Latte.

Have a Petrol payment only counter - Simple you dumb fcks.

Sorry but I spent 20 mins getting in the station and trying to pay last night and my first thought was this thread (probably to stop myself from knocking over the bakery stand and tripping the nob with his large, sorry, 'Tall' latte on his way out.

People that dont use the pay at pump facility.

• MrOneLung said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but really forgot this one and it absolutely sends me bordering Michael Douglas in Falling Down.

BP garages with Marks and Spencer

25 Cars shuffling for position to get Petrol whilst waiting for a pump because some pricks want to do the weekly shop, have their croissant warmed up, their bacon cooked a bit extra and the Hazelnut Syrup has ran out for their Latte.

Have a Petrol payment only counter - Simple you dumb fcks.

Sorry but I spent 20 mins getting in the station and trying to pay last night and my first thought was this thread (probably to stop myself from knocking over the bakery stand and tripping the nob with his large, sorry, 'Tall' latte on his way out.

People that dont use the pay at pump facility.

Garages that don't have pay at the pump
    Selfish Bastards!

Hate it when young kids get given their own seat on a rush hour train only for them to be constantly standing, jumping around - Sit the little fucker on your lap so someone else can sit down!!
    Or stick them in the luggage rack

• edited November 2014
    When you give your order at a bar or food outlet and they wait until the payment is completed before they begin getting your order. This annoys me even more when there is a massive queue, or if you're ordering a Guinness and they don't even start pouring it until after they give you your receipt or, worse, they make it the last thing they start pouring.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2014

People who sit on the train and use the seat next to them for their bags or luggage or coat and would happily see people stand while their belongings get a comfy seat.
    Selfish Bastards!

If the child has paid a fare then it is as entitled as anyone else to sit down in a seat.

Good manners in that those more able to stand stand in order to enable those less able to stand to sit and equally small children on a lap is a separate debate.

EDIT: I don't use the trains often but when I gave my seat up on a train for someone else recently people looked at me as if I was a creature from another planet. It was quite uncomfortable until I thought sod them!
  • LenGlover said:

People who sit on the train and use the seat next to them for their bags or luggage or coat and would happily see people stand while their belongings get a comfy seat.
    Selfish Bastards!

If the child has paid a fare then it is as entitled as anyone else to sit down in a seat.

Good manners in that those more able to stand stand in order to enable those less able to stand to sit and equally small children on a lap is a separate debate.

EDIT: I don't use the trains often but when I gave my seat up on a train for someone else recently people looked at me as if I was a creature from another planet. It was quite uncomfortable until I thought sod them!
    Yet its this though...

http://help.thetrainline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/282/~/what-child-fares-are-available?

Children under 5

Up to two children under the age of 5 can travel free with each fare paying passenger. Please note that children under 5 travelling for free may only occupy a free seat that is not required by any fare paying passenger, so may need to stand or sit on your knee if the train is busy.
  • LenGlover said:

Selfish Bastards!

Yet its this though...

http://help.thetrainline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/282/~/what-child-fares-are-available?

Children under 5

Up to two children under the age of 5 can travel free with each fare paying passenger. Please note that children under 5 travelling for free may only occupy a free seat that is not required by any fare paying passenger, so may need to stand or sit on your knee if the train is busy.
    Fair enough then. Like I said these days I don't often travel by train so am not up to date with all the terms and conditions.
  • LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

Selfish Bastards!

Yet its this though...

Children under 5

Fair enough then. Like I said these days I don't often travel by train so am not up to date with all the terms and conditions.
    To be completely honest I wasnt aware of this Term either... It was more your comment that piqued my curiousity to see if there were any written Terms on the matter

You do definitely get the look from passengers that make you wonder if you've grown another head if you give up your seat though
  • Men who own a hairbrush.

I don't know if any actually do but I had a thought whilst picking up some man-things at Boots over lunch; surely no man would own a hairbrush ?

I don't think I have ever even touched one in my life.
  • When walking down a narrow path people that walk straight at you as if you should move even though you are about a metre from the end of the path as they join it
  • GIFs

Potentially funny when used sparingly, but rarely amuse me now.

Bah humbug
  • PL54 said:

Men who own a hairbrush.

I don't know if any actually do but I had a thought whilst picking up some man-things at Boots over lunch; surely no man would own a hairbrush ?

Agreed. Have a full head of hair and haven't brushed my hair since I was at school. Though a bloke's comb was his fingers.

• PL54 said:

Men who own a hairbrush.

Ive got about 3!
  • PL54 said:

Men who own a hairbrush.

Agreed. Have a full head of hair and haven't brushed my hair since I was at school. Though a bloke's comb was his fingers.

Exactly, one hand for your hair, the other for scratching your arse and bollocks.
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

Men who own a hairbrush.

Ive got about 3!
    That figures.
  • PL54 said:

Men who own a hairbrush.

Exactly, one hand for your hair, the other for scratching your arse and bollocks.
    I think its fair to say your hand for your hair has been pretty much unemployed in the 21st century.....

• Macronate said:

Looks a bit like Tucudean!

Much more impressive dive than George's attempts though :)
  • PL54 said:

Men who own a hairbrush.

I think its fair to say your hand for your hair has been pretty much unemployed in the 21st century.....

And the last 10 of the 20th
  • Got to be the Premier League!
  • Pudsey Bear . Smug git.
  • The bloke who put out his eye thought the same.
  • Life and all it's feckin problems.
  • You wanna chat to Uncle AFKA, AUN?

I'll be pouring the scotch...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!