Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• People incapable of walking at a reasonable speed in a straight line as they are too busy staring at their mobile phone
  • People incapable of walking at a reasonable speed in a straight line as they are too busy staring at their mobile phone

Yeah that really pisses me ofsdfadrgjaodimv.....sorry, didn't see you there mate.
  • Motorists who use the fact that you are pulling in for an ambulance to overtake you and get in the way of the emergency. Surely at the mere hint of a siren it is imperative to look in every mirror over and over and repeatedly ask 'where is it, where is it?'
  • To be fair, there are one or two on here who like to allude to their wealth/standing from time to time.

So? I've got no money and I earn little respect, and I want people to know about it.
  • Brollies. They are a menace, unnecessary if you dress appropriately and unbecoming of a man.

Yeah, but what if you've got bitchin' hair, like me? No way I'm getting my bitchin' hair wet.

whenever i have to use my phone whether its texting or phoning i stand to the side, well out of other people's way.

People/couples who walk so slowly and take up the entire pavement, even when i dont need to be somewhere its bloody irritating have to navigate around people walking slowly and oblivious to the world around them.
  • When you pull up at a petrol pump and the pump handle has the out of order sign attached to it.
    Why cant they put a sign higher up so we can see and then go to another pump.
  • To be fair, there are one or two on here who like to allude to their wealth/standing from time to time.

Someone more au fait with the search facility might be able to find it but I recall a thread where people were comparing their domestic servants and what retainer they pay them each week or month.

I thought I'd stumbled onto a website for Downton Abbey or The Lady rather than good old Charlton Life!

• Women with oversized handbags hanging off of their forearm banging into people, sorry luv but you put my cigarette out on your bag this morning not the other way round!
  • HMRC - trying to get my son's National Insurance number as he is now 16 and they won't speak to me. I wish them the best of luck when he calls.
  • Sponsored links:

• The #JusticeForChed campaign.
  • BDL said:

HMRC - trying to get my son's National Insurance number as he is now 16 and they won't speak to me. I wish them the best of luck when he calls.

You were lucky to get through to be refused!

HMRC and the NI Offices are an absolute disgrace.
  • People that say 'Vicky Vercky' instead of Vice Versa. Invariably they are knobs.
  • hawksmoor said:

Brollies. They are a menace, unnecessary if you dress appropriately and unbecoming of a man.

Yeah, but what if you've got bitchin' hair, like me? No way I'm getting my bitchin' hair wet.

my hair left my head many moons ago, but I've just bought a stunning pair of Sebago "Gibralters" to keep my feet dry.

• Hold on a cotton-picking minute, mistrolling in. Do you happen to belong to another forum I'm on?
  • hawksmoor said:

Hold on a cotton-picking minute, mistrolling in. Do you happen to belong to another forum I'm on?

not that I'm aware of, this is about the only place I contribute to

• What a strange coincidence because I'm on another forum with a load of other lads bang into their clobber and where it's a running joke about me having bitchin' hair, and we discussed those very shoes last week.
  • hawksmoor said:

What a strange coincidence because I'm on another forum with a load of other lads bang into their clobber and where it's a running joke about me having bitchin' hair, and we discussed those very shoes last week.

Interesting. I've had a few pairs of Sebago loafers over the years, usually from J.Simons various shops.
    First met John at The Squire Shop in Brewer Street in 67/8 and have been hooked on the look ever since.

Only found the Gibraltars recently, £140 from Sebago. £83 off Amazon. They are a thing of beauty and at the price an absolute bargain.

• edited October 2014
    I've also had Sebago beef roll loafers, although I was more a Bass Weejun man. I have been a regular at J Simons shop, but do find it rather expensive.

But I'm bang into Ivy League style, so much so that I have been accused of being a Mod. Like today, a light blue Smedley, slim chinos, suede Verginia Moccasin Weavers (basically a Japanese homage to Clarks Originals) and a dark green wool Collective Noun overshirt/jacket (I know the guy who runs that brand; got an olive-coloured Ventile mac from him too, and all made in the UK). Oh, and an Ardour Brand scarf (know the guys who run that brand, too)

I was going to go for the Gibraltar boots, but I ended getting a new pair of Red Wings for the bargain price of £65 after a heads-up on that other forum.
  • Sponsored links:

• A man after my own heart. I used to visit my aunt Peggy in Penn State, Pennsylvania in the early 70's with my best mate John. The stuff we used to find in thrift stores, for pennies, makes me weep now. If only we'd bought a container load of it!

If you don't already know it, check out www.acontinuouslean.com, always features on American vintage stuff, clothes, cars,shops etc

• edited October 2014
  • hawksmoor said:

I've also had Sebago beef roll loafers, although I was more a Bass Weejun man. I have been a regular at J Simons shop, but do find it rather expensive.

But I'm bang into Ivy League style, so much so that I have been accused of being a Mod. Like today, a light blue Smedley, slim chinos, suede Verginia Moccasin Weavers (basically a Japanese homage to Clarks Originals) and a dark green wool Collective Noun overshirt/jacket (I know the guy who runs that brand; got an olive-coloured Ventile mac from him too, and all made in the UK). Oh, and an Ardour Brand scarf (know the guys who run that brand, too)

I was going to go for the Gibraltar boots, but I ended getting a new pair of Red Wings for the bargain price of £65 after a heads-up on that other forum.

i have absolutely no idea what any of that means. i fear my fashion days are long gone*

(*never started)
  • Sensei said:

People that say 'Vicky Vercky' instead of Vice Versa. Invariably they are knobs.

K-nobs
  • All right, I realise I've virtually derailed this thread, so I'll tell you what really gets on my wick: that stupid bloody checkatrade.com jingle that plays before they go to the weather on Daybreak, which my, erm, wife watches. Yeah, because every fella who has a trade has a fake cockney accent.
  • edited October 2014
    i'll raise you the Vanarama advert.
  • Judas H Priest. I've just watched that on youtube. I saw and heard things no man should see or hear.
  • Adverts on 4OD now offering me the choice of which advert I'd like to watch but failing to provide an option for "none of them now get on with the f***ing show I was just watching before you rudely interrupted to try and sell me perfume. Do I look like I buy perfume?!? I barely look like I wash ffs."

Get adblocker.

Some sites say they wont play content with it, but all you do is turn it off then turn it on again and it blocks the ads.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!