Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• People who say li instead of like. Usually young people in the baseball cap tracksuit combo. It phisicaly hurts my brain.
  • With you 100% Leroy. Can I add the pseudo science that goes into flogging cosmetics. Laboratoire Garnier, my arse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lOYCkHFMnVc
  • when they say - 76% of women agree etc have you seen how small the survey is?
    One of the was 47 people !!!
  • people who say Pri Minister rather than Prime Minister.

I was brought up on it once about 20 years as didn't realise I said it, and now I notice it everywhere.
  • edited October 2014

Bullshit dressed up as science. I have no problem with people believing in bullshit. Religion, for instance. If you want to believe in a super powerful zombie who could cure every illness in the world but just chose not to, or a magic pair of pants, or that simply saying someone's name legitimately provokes assault - fair play to you.

But trying to dress bullshit up as scientific to give it a veneer of respectability - no.

Homeopathy is a perfect example of this. Diluting something down so that it becomes MORE 'potent'?
    Diluting it until there is less left of it in a solution than there are known atoms in the universe?
    Hitting the bottle you make the solution in with a leather paddle because that's the only way to truly release its potency?
    Ignoring the results of every single scientific study of homeopathy which has concluded that it's shite... But still calling yourselves 'doctors'?

Presumably we can add astrology into this as well. Not technically a science, but they play on the alignment of the stars etc, which annoys me because I think it cheapens the fact astro physics is what people should be talking about when it comes to the stars etc.
  • The phantom poo I believe is the correct term.
  • The old ghost shit eh?
  • What makes it more mysterious is if it's a no wiper. Leaves you questioning whether you actually curled it down or not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not worth taking the risk
  • Threads turning shitty :-(
  • Nigel Farage's smug face!
  • Every day a different driving habit annoys me. Today: Straddlers. Pick a bloody lane and stick to it and stop wasting my time.
  • edited October 2014
    Those blooming Wild Canada geese who poo everywhere around a pond and have that irritating honking noise. Sometimes there can be upto 50 or 60 of them around one pond. If had one I would just machine gun them all. After that I could cut their heads and feet off and pluck all their feathers and them sell them as food. I could flog them to various people by telling them, don't have turkey this Christmas have an old traditional goose instead. But that type of goose is not edible thought. But you could just imagine Del Boy Trotter getting involved in a scheme like that and not being very successful. Of course they will not have been completely plucked and Del makes Rodney do it and poor Rodders gets covered in feathers.
  • Reading a funny thread to find it turn in to reading about blokes and what they pass. Chronic

I know we all know men are full of shit but don't want to read about it yeh,
  • Curb_It said:

Reading a funny thread to find it turn in to reading about blokes and what they pass. Chronic

I know we all know men are full of shit but don't want to read about it yeh,

#everydaysexism
  • Waking up early at the weekends thinking about work problems
  • The new breed of 'light entertainment' weather men,esp on the BBC. We just want to know whether it's going to rain or not. And then following the national forecast up with a regional forecast. We can work out where we live on the national map. In ITV's case, this is a good excuse to have two separate sponsors plus to inane presenters. Bring back Michael Fiiiiiish.
  • Sponsored links:

• kafka said:

Waking up early at the weekends to go to work

that's worse
  • Curb_It said:

Reading a funny thread to find it turn in to reading about blokes and what they pass. Chronic

Or maybe not pass. We never know if it's gone down the u bend or not.
  • Bullshit dressed up as science. I have no problem with people believing in bullshit. Religion, for instance. If you want to believe in a super powerful zombie who could cure every illness in the world but just chose not to, or a magic pair of pants, or that simply saying someone's name legitimately provokes assault - fair play to you.

But trying to dress bullshit up as scientific to give it a veneer of respectability - no.

Homeopathy is a perfect example of this. Diluting something down so that it becomes MORE 'potent'?
    Diluting it until there is less left of it in a solution than there are known atoms in the universe?
    Hitting the bottle you make the solution in with a leather paddle because that's the only way to truly release its potency?
    Ignoring the results of every single scientific study of homeopathy which has concluded that it's shite... But still calling yourselves 'doctors'?

Add to that NHS involvement in Homeopathy.
  • kafka said:

Waking up early at the weekends thinking about work problems

Oh jeez, with you on that one massively and I'll add sitting there with the missus trying to watch a bit of mindless tele when up pops the mental diary of what you need to do tomorrow at work or stressing about what you couldn't do that day. Very envious of some colleagues who claim to switch off at the end of the day with their PC's
  • 'Postcode format is not valid for the UK'

so just because your retarded computer system can't deal with me entering my postcode without a space in I now have to go back and fill half the bloody form in again. thanks
  • people like Imogen Thomas going to the papers claiming her life has been ruined by a fling with a Prem footballer.

Love, anyone thats had sex with Andre Bikey was ruined a looooong time ago.

I was bored and just scanning through various pages of this thread and I came across this :-) From 2011!
  • Oh and arks. As in arks a question. Dicks, all of them.
  • Vinnie V. said:

Oh and arks. As in arks a question. Dicks, all of them.

Drives me mental.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!