Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• BIG_ROB said:

People who refer to sideburns as sideboards.

Keep ya sideboards on!

; )
    Doh! :-)
  • Lewisham Council, L&Q, Halifax building society, WalkerMorris, spanners, nigels and Cowdenbeth.
    At the moment......
  • Workmates who revel in how much skiving they get away with. Why am I working my arse off while you slope off and put your feet up?!?
  • People who read newspapers/books while walking along . Look where you are going you johnson
  • Shag said:

People who read newspapers/books while walking along . Look where you are going you johnson

Add texting to that.
  • Workmates who revel in how much skiving they get away with. Why am I working my arse off while you slope off and put your feet up?!?

Add smokers to that.
  • Restaurants that have seating for a load of diners and only one toilet! which in the case of The Bengal Lancer in Chislehurst doesn't have any hot water just cold, no soap and a hand drier that doesn't work. On that basis the bloody place should be shut down until it upgrades to adequate facilites. It's bad enough at The Valley but not acceptable in a restuarant.
  • It wouldnt annoy you if you didnt eat there :)
  • the wife (at least she did this morning!).
  • I won't again food is good, service is beyond bad and as said the facilities are appalling they get away with it because it's Chislehurst
  • Sponsored links:

• Gareth Bales’ parting.

• Those absolutely ridiculous baseball caps with the larger peak (Snapbacks?), like something Donald Duck wears. Never fail to make the wearer look like anything but a complete nerd.
  • Top Gear and its audience.
  • B-sides which are remixes of the single. If I like the single enough to buy it, I won't be interested in hearing bits of the songs repeated over a lousy dance track. Write a proper B-side, do a cover, or don't bother
  • Riviera said:

Gareth Bales’ parting.

Add ears to that!
  • edited March 2013
    French DIY stores and builders merchants.
  • Man U fans in my office moaning their arses off 'cos they got a shit ref, who made a bad decision.
    Welcome to the real world you 'glory-boys-never-been-to-Old-Trafford-bellends'
  • Your boss rings you and says 'Are you busy?' - What do you think I'm fucking doing....?

Bus drivers who think that indicating gives them the right to pull out without looking.
  • P&O Builders (Blokes who move to France and re-invent themselves as "builders")
  • Oh and Russell Brand, jesus wept he does me absolute nut in!
  • Sponsored links:

• 1. Smokers standing in doorways to smoke or smoke immediately after getting off the train. Defeats the frikkin purpose of banning the act, you just get us on the way in/out instead.

C. I second the 'middle lane hoggers' post. If anyone reading this thinks the middle lane is for cruising, hear this: you're an idiot.

D. People walking really close behind me when it's completely unnecessary.

G. People in Supermarkets who decide to go for what you are looking at, because they have subconsciously been attracted to it by your own interest. It's a weird psychological thing, but it's true. And annoying.
  • BDLBDL
    edited March 2013
    Carol Vorderman, but, I would!
  • Spanners pretending to be american
  • JiMMy 85 said:

1. Smokers standing in doorways to smoke or smoke immediately after getting off the train. Defeats the frikkin purpose of banning the act, you just get us on the way in/out instead.

C. I second the 'middle lane hoggers' post. If anyone reading this thinks the middle lane is for cruising, hear this: you're an idiot.

G. People in Supermarkets who decide to go for what you are looking at, because they have subconsciously been attracted to it by your own interest. It's a weird psychological thing, but it's true. And annoying.

I always hear people moaning about middle lane drivers and I've never really understood it. I don't really drive on the motorway but often on the A2. I'm pretty consistent in that I drive at 75, 80 if I'm in a rush. But traffic dependent, I will always drive at the same speed throughout my journey. I don't like having to keep changing lanes either. So let's say I'm doing my 75 on the A2. It's obviously too fast to be in the slow lane, but not fast enough to be in the fast lane. So which lane should I be in?
  • edited March 2013
    JaShea99 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

1. Smokers standing in doorways to smoke or smoke immediately after getting off the train. Defeats the frikkin purpose of banning the act, you just get us on the way in/out instead.

I always hear people moaning about middle lane drivers and I've never really understood it. I don't really drive on the motorway but often on the A2. I'm pretty consistent in that I drive at 75, 80 if I'm in a rush. But traffic dependent, I will always drive at the same speed throughout my journey. I don't like having to keep changing lanes either. So let's say I'm doing my 75 on the A2. It's obviously too fast to be in the slow lane, but not fast enough to be in the fast lane. So which lane should I be in?
    You should be driving in the inside lane unless you are overtaking.

There is no such thing as a slow or fast lane.

try the highway code, it's a cracking read: "Rule 238: You should drive in the left-hand lane if the road ahead is clear. Return to the left-hand lane once you have overtaken all the vehicles or if you are delaying traffic behind you".

• Stone said:

JaShea99 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

? Ok so I rephrase my question, I'm driving too fast for the inside lane but too slow for the outside lane, where should I be?
  • JaShea99 said:

Stone said:

JaShea99 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

? Ok so I rephrase my question, I'm driving too fast for the inside lane but too slow for the outside lane, where should I be?
    try the highway code, it's a cracking read: "Rule 238: You should drive in the left-hand lane if the road ahead is clear. Return to the left-hand lane once you have overtaken all the vehicles or if you are delaying traffic behind you".

ie there is no speed limit to drive in the left hand lane.
  • but anyone over taking him would be breaking the speed limit.
  • Inane conversations about speed limits and what lane to drive in.
  • Oh ok. Yeah that is what I do in principal. But unless I'm driving at night, the 'inside' lane is rarely not occupied by cars doing less than what I'm doing, hence my lack of opportunity to 'return to the left-hand lane'.

To be honest the whole thing is a contradiction because 70 is the limit yet you shouldn't be driving below 70 unless your vehicle prohibits it. Meaning with the exception of vehicles limited to less than 70, we should all be driving in the inside lane, no one overtaking anyone.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!