Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• se9addick said:

rina said:

Northeners that refer to any form of fizzy drink as 'pop'.

It's not my dad, its a f****** can of coke !

Or call squash 'juice'. So disappointing to be waiting for a nice glass of freshly squeezed orange juice only to be served watered down Robinsons
    Scottish people genuinely call a can of coke/lemonade etc a can of "juice"!
    East coasters. We call a can of fizzy drink ginger. Confuses foreigners.
    That explains it. My parents are from the west cost but I'd never heard it until I moved to Edinburgh a few years ago. I genuinely thought they believed Coca Cola was some sort of fruit.
  • People saying 'footballs back today' as if there's no games outside the prem.

Spot on Gary.
  • Stig said:

People saying 'footballs back today' as if there's no games outside the prem.

Spot on Gary.
    It will be, when we win today.
  • BDL said:

Saturday night TV is still crap, my boiler is a constant source of worry. I should still be out having a beer and I'm still broke!

You do moan BDL.
    42 pages later suggests that I'm not alone! :-)

This annoys the shit out of me, great shout Gary!
  • People who slowly move off at traffic lights. Some lights stay green for so short a time and they have no consideration for those waiting behind them.

Also people who, when driving in a queue, leave long gaps between themselves and the vehicle in front. If everyone left such big gaps, the queue would be much longer and there may well be people who could turn off at junctions, but are prevented from doing so.

If you mean when queuing in traffic leaving half a cars distance in front keeps your cars engine cooler.
    If you mean when driving along, keeping a safe distance means you don't slam into the car in front when they hit their brakes!
    It's ok, don't thank me!
    Birds and cars eh! ;o)
  • Plus it is standard protection officer procedure to leave enough gap in front of you so not hemmed in, in the event of an attempted kidnapping or car jacking.
  • ........the number of times I hear "the season starts this weekend" when everyone knows it started weeks ago.
  • My TV turning itself on and off at random moments without any remote control input from me (middle of the night last night)
    Don't know if it's the TV, the set-top box or a poltergeist
  • Sponsored links:

• Broken burglar alarms that go off for over an hour at midnight
  • My TV turning itself on and off at random moments without any remote control input from me (middle of the night last night)

Could be next doors remote control doing that.

Set top box updating. Our tv in the bedroom used to do it, about 3.00am. No fun.
  • CAFC early season form....
  • Dale Stephens
  • edited August 2013
    MrOneLung said:

Plus it is standard protection officer procedure to leave enough gap in front of you so not hemmed in, in the event of an attempted kidnapping or car jacking.

I'm talking about leaving a gap of 20 yards or more when in a slow moving queue - there is no need for that.
  • (1984) said:

Youtube comments

This is a great one. YouTube comments reflect so badly on mankind.

I've got a new one today. My Indian neighbours cook curry early on a Saturday, the smell usually hits my bedroom window around 9am. That's my general thing.

A more specific complaint is, they had to hammer some ingredients at 7am, waking up both adjacent flats.

Can't wait to move out.
  • MrOneLung said:

Plus it is standard protection officer procedure to leave enough gap in front of you so not hemmed in, in the event of an attempted kidnapping or car jacking.

I'm talking about leaving a gap of 20 yards or more when in a slow moving queue - there is no need for that.
    You reminded me of this.

http://m.wimp.com/traffictheory/

Set top box updating. Our tv in the bedroom used to do it, about 3.00am. No fun.
    We changed the TV for a spare one and so far so good.
    If it happens again we'll know it's the box - but like you say it's no fun in the middle of the night
  • (1984) said:

Youtube comments

Reminded me of this:
    xkcd.com/202/
  • Sponsored links:

• (1984) said:

Youtube comments

Reminded me of this:
    xkcd.com/202/
    Rather hypocritical surely?
  • Urbanspoon...anonymous 'reviews' of restaurants what could possibly go wrong
  • Homeopathy. Actually, alternative 'medicine' in general, but Homeopathy specifically. The most ludicrous nonsense ever invented, yet somehow we're, as taxpayers, funding this woo-woo shit on the NHS
  • Constantly changing your mind about players,Managers,etc when results go against us. Constantly contradicting yourself and not even realising that you have contradicted yourself. Constantly moaning about other Charlton forums, but always looking at that forum.
  • 1. Women who, when at a till to pay for their goods, only get their purse from their bag after being told the amount to pay.
    2. People you cant/wont wait their turn to be served in a pub.
    3. Drivers who don't indicate.
    4. Chelsea FC(plus manager). No morals, no humility, no class.
    5. Football supporters who claim they know the "rules" of football. There are no "rules - there are 17 "Laws"
  • Still pass angers bare feet on dash board, how can that be more comfortable than sitting normally Ffs!
  • Homeopathy. Actually, alternative 'medicine' in general, but Homeopathy specifically. The most ludicrous nonsense ever invented, yet somehow we're, as taxpayers, funding this woo-woo shit on the NHS

Is this the practice whereby you distill water down to the nth degree until it's just, errr water?
  • BIG_ROB said:

Still pass angers bare feet on dash board, how can that be more comfortable than sitting normally Ffs!

Depends what their doing when they've got their bare feet on the dashboard :-)
  • edited August 2013

Homeopathy. Actually, alternative 'medicine' in general, but Homeopathy specifically. The most ludicrous nonsense ever invented, yet somehow we're, as taxpayers, funding this woo-woo shit on the NHS

Is this the practice whereby you distill water down to the nth degree until it's just, errr water?
    Homeopathy is the practice that gives you a very small dose of the condition you wish to prevent, that dose theoretically stimulating antibodies to ward off infections, etc. I believe that a major study a few years ago exposed homeopathy to be nothing but a farrago of mumbo-jumbo. HRH Jug-Ears believes in it, bless him.

Homeopathy is the practice that gives you a very small dose of the condition you wish to prevent, that dose theoretically stimulating antibodies to ward off infections, etc. I believe that a major study a few years ago exposed homeopathy to be nothing but a farrago of mumbo-jumbo. HRH Jug-Ears believes in it, bless him.

not even that. It's based on the flawed principle that like cures like, so the "active ingredient" is something that gives similar symptoms e.g. something that makes you feel sick to cure nausea. It wouldn't provoke an immune response against your condition which is highly specific anyway. also, if you have a particular disease, your body will be fighting it. no need to give it further grief. This is all by-the-by. The treatment is diluted to the point of having hardly a drop in it, and at its most "potent", has nothing in it at all. It is nothing but water.

In double-blind controlled experiments (of which there are many, often neatly combined into meta-analysis that are statistically very significant) homeopathy is found to be no better than placebo. In other words, the treatment does sod all. The placebo effect is interesting, and I actually think there may be a case for placebo based treatments in some cases... but homeopathy is utter cack.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!