Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Aaarghhhh Jim lad
  • Stupid changes to the MOT test. Yesterday my dad's car failed the MOT because the head lamp washers didn't work. Yet if there had been no head lamp washers on the car, it would have passed. What sort of idiot thinks up such stupid rules.

On my old Mazda van I was told that it would fail the MOT because the spare tyre was not up to scratch. The guy told me to drive the van round the block and "lose" the spare. I did, it passed. I didn't need a spare apparently.

• When you mention in passing to someone (usually an old person) that you might like to do something or go somewhere and they keep going on and on about it. Even though it was just a passing whim that you're not really bothered about, for days and weeks afterwards they are trying to weave it into every conversation as if it was helping to fulfil your life's ambition.

Similarly, when you've had the hump (possibly because some old codger has mistaken a minor impulse for an unabating ambition) and you're on your way out of it and back to normality and someone keeps on saying "I don't know what you've got the 'ump about" over and over, making it impossible to recover from the bad mood because they keep reminding you that you were in a bad mood.
  • having my hair cut
  • People who genuinely believe that walking on certain slabs of concrete will somehow influence the nature of the universe. It's not just stupid, it isn't just naive; it's arrogant. Arrogant to believe that YOU can control events of a day by choosing whether or not to walk on manhole covers.

Right minded, sensible people too, who, in the rest of their day-to-day lives, probably have no superstitions at all. Which makes it worse. 'Cos they're bright enough to know better. Superstition on the whole annoys me, but this is utterly ridiculous.

To sum up - people who avoid manhole covers for good luck are f****** idiots.
  • ^^^ On Fridays (or Tuesdays) I make sure I go up the correct escalator corresponding to whether we're playing home or away. Home: left. Away: right.
  • Funny. But utterly pointless.

People eating cooked food at their desks.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Funny. But utterly pointless.

People eating cooked food at their desks.

Bloody hell! All I need for you to say now Jimmy is that MB trolls annoy you and I would have got a hat trick within half an hour.
  • Egg and Chips on an Indian Menu
  • this. Ive put this here so any of them lurking might not see it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2013
    LOL a real Blue bus! You can see the tongue marks on the windows.
  • TV chefs not using the whole bowl of ingredients when throwing them in to the pan! I've got this ocd thing when I'm cooking that I have use every last morsal of whatever I've chopped up and I can't see why these amatures on the box can't do the same!

"The dirty washing up water shall not have them!"
  • Jamie oliver is the worse when he starts chucking things into a bowel half of it going all over the table before he douse's it with olive oil.
    And when he's prepared a salad he's thrown all the ingredients in and it looks pretty good. I can't do that cos it just looks like a mess so I have to meticulously place all the ingredients so that the salad looks presentable.
  • Having to get up early, because the Millwall scum are in town.
  • Millwall scum.

• The abolition of Red, Red Robin without the consent of the fans!
  • Getting an itchy finger but never being able to locate the place to scratch it
  • Jamie oliver is the worse when he starts chucking things into a bowel half of it going all over the table before he douse's it with olive oil.
    And when he's prepared a salad he's thrown all the ingredients in and it looks pretty good. I can't do that cos it just looks like a mess so I have to meticulously place all the ingredients so that the salad looks presentable.

The fact that the fat-tongued twat spits all over the food when he talks is bad enough, now I hear he chucks things in a bowel! Revolting!
  • LenGlover said:

The abolition of Red, Red Robin without the consent of the fans!

This!!!

• LenGlover said:

Have they really stopped playing it?
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

It would not shock me fella with the idioits we heve on board now!
  • Dad and I sing along, we thought it was playing really quietly, but maybe we imagined it. If this is true, I'm going to go nuts.
  • LenGlover said:

No!! They definitely played it yesterday!!
  • People who pick up their pay cheque without actually having put much effort into things.
  • Members on CL who moan about WUMs/Trolls and then reply to their posts: Its what they want.
  • Members on CL who moan about WUMs/Trolls and then reply to their posts: Its what they want.

No its not

; )
  • People who swear on Football forums.

(Who's gonna be the first to tell me to f*** off or just say b*****ks ?).
  • Radio2 for ending Russell Davies' excellent Sunday night show.
  • People who are happy to post about minority, obscure, insular American sports but not about football when their club is in crisis.
  • Riviera said:

People who are happy to post about minority, obscure, insular American sports but not about football when their club is in crisis.

Eh!? How, precisely, does posting on an internet forum help a club in crisis?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!