Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• MrOneLung said:
    Macronate said:
    The Facebook Portal advert in which the daughter talks about her nipples. Shocking to have such erogenous language on the telly box before the watershed.
    The other day my seven year old asked what is erectile dysfunction after an advert on really at lunchtime ! 
    My daughter asked me exactly the same thing a couple of weeks ago.

I told her it’s when a mans willy doesn’t work properly and she thought it was hilarious.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Macronate said:
    The Facebook Portal advert in which the daughter talks about her nipples. Shocking to have such erogenous language on the telly box before the watershed.
    The other day my seven year old asked what is erectile dysfunction after an advert on really at lunchtime ! 
    My daughter asked me exactly the same thing a couple of weeks ago.

I told her it’s when a mans willy doesn’t work properly and she thought it was hilarious.

Cruel of Mrs Mehmet to teach a girl of such tender age how to damage a man’s self esteem for life.
  • Peppa, George, Mummy & Daddy Pig all falling onto their backs when they, as a family, collectively find something particularly funny.
  • Macronate said:
    Peppa, George, Mummy & Daddy Pig all falling onto their backs when they, as a family, collectively find something particularly funny.

I agree. Its a step too far. Driving, going to the zoo, having parties, talking to each other in English, jumping up and down in muddy puddles, and being best friends with a menagerie of other creatures who also lead ostensibly human lives makes sense, but laughing on their backs is simply nonsense.  ;)

This sort of thing always makes me smile... Paw Patrol is the one I always criticise as being far fetched at times - Of course the fact that its world that has talking dogs is the bit that isnt nonsense ;) 
  • I kinda missed not watching Paw Patrol when my kids grew out of it.
    Must be loads of new episodes too.
  • edited March 2021
    Macronate said:
    Peppa, George, Mummy & Daddy Pig all falling onto their backs when they, as a family, collectively find something particularly funny.

I agree. Its a step too far. Driving, going to the zoo, having parties, talking to each other in English, jumping up and down in muddy puddles, and being best friends with a menagerie of other creatures who also lead ostensibly human lives makes sense, but laughing on their backs is simply nonsense.  ;)

Always amazed me how they got planning permission to build their house on such a steep hillock. 
  • Macronate said:
    Macronate said:

Always amazed me how they got planning permission to build their house on such a steep hillock. 
    I’m amazed HMRC haven’t caught up with Miss Rabbit yet. How much moonlighting can one bunny do?
  • Sponsored links:

• You get out of the shower/bath and don’t quite dry your back properly so that it’s still slightly damp.
    You then try to put on a vest or T-shirt, instead of simply slipping down your back, once you have pulled it over your head, it gets stuck up around your shoulder blades.....there’s no way you can reach round and pull it down, in fact, you can’t get hold of it to pull it back up either!
    Drives me nuts! 😤
  • Tractors making the roads muddier than a field at any British music festival thus increasing my car cleaning costs.

#countryworldproblems
  • You get out of the shower/bath and don’t quite dry your back properly so that it’s still slightly damp.
    You then try to put on a vest or T-shirt, instead of simply slipping down your back, once you have pulled it over your head, it gets stuck up around your shoulder blades.....there’s no way you can reach round and pull it down, in fact, you can’t get hold of it to pull it back up either!
    Drives me nuts! 😤
    Try getting a large hot air blower fitted
    Drives me nuts! 😤
    Try getting a large hot air blower fitted
    That's a bit drastic having to get married.
  • Once again having searched for instructions on how to do something technical on computer or phone (send my location), when the advice comes up, my menu does not have the options available that the instructions claim should be there... 

This happens 70% of the time. 
  • Once again having searched for instructions on how to do something technical on computer or phone (send my location), when the advice comes up, my menu does not have the options available that the instructions claim should be there... 

Are you okay, do you need us to send help?
  • Fumbluff said:
    Once again having searched for instructions on how to do something technical on computer or phone (send my location), when the advice comes up, my menu does not have the options available that the instructions claim should be there... 

But where are we to send the help?
  • Sponsored links:

• Fumbluff said:
    Once again having searched for instructions on how to do something technical on computer or phone (send my location), when the advice comes up, my menu does not have the options available that the instructions claim should be there... 

The Algarve? 
  • Fumbluff said:

According to what3words.com...

in.the.kitchen 
  • I have tried switching it off and switching it on again... 
  • Clumsy people who try to blame their carelessness on a condition such as dyspraxia.

Just take a bit more fucking care when you’re doing things. 

• If it has to be windy ... Why is it always on a Thursday when I have to put the bins out?
  • Spending 50 quid on a toaster that don't toast the entire  slice of bread. Have to turn it and put it back in to brown the edge that gets missed.
    Not important in the grand scheme I know,  but I feel better for sharing. 
    Bloody liberty.
    Rage on mate - as far as I am concerned this is what the thread is all about...  :D

Though I am, of course, also 100% behind the serious stuff as illustrated by the previous post from @AddickUpNorth
  • Lucky you mate, I spent £100 on a toaster and the sodding thing doesn’t take a full slice of bread in each slot, or two halves of a bit cross bun. If I want two slices of toast it takes 2 goes and two hot cross buns similarly. I deliberately bought a toaster the same size as the last one which was broken  because I didn’t want more toon taken up on the worksurface but was not expecting while the roster was the same size on the outside the slots would be much smaller. Fucking kitchen master. 
  • Spending 50 quid on a toaster that don't toast the entire  slice of bread. Have to turn it and put it back in to brown the edge that gets missed.
    Not important in the grand scheme I know,  but I feel better for sharing. 
    Bloody liberty.
    Assuming not a whoosh moment...

In all seriousness have you tried putting the bread in ‘Landscape ’ and not ‘portrait’ ? Amazed to discover mine fits better that way. 

Counterintuitive I know. 

🙂
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!