Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• If it has to be windy ... Why is it always on a Thursday when I have to put the bins out?

I work part time,.with my day off on Thursday. It's is always the windiest, wettest day
  • Waiting in a coffee shop to be served. 08:00 on a Sunday. One other person in front of me, one other person serving behind the jump, no one behind me. Should be in and out in 3 minutes max. But no. Of course not.

Every 30 secs the lazy arses ordering their cappuccinos and croissants from Uber Eats or Deliveroo from their sacks are pinging their orders through. Do we get served ours first, do we feck. We have to wait for the poor lad behind the counter to sort out 6 drinks, bacon baps, pain au chocs, etc. first because the driver is on the way. And then the next order is waiting. 

I love the convenience of having the coffeeshop on my doorstep, I think the staff are great and it's not their fault, but next time I see the owner we are having the discussion about looking after your regular customers first! 
    I have the same problem with our local chippy in Locksbottom. The only solution I’ve come up with is get an app.
  • We have a SMEG 4 x slice toaster and its the dogs danglies.

Two big slots that take 2 x slices in each slot. The slots are big enough to load the bread landscape or portrait and the toasting is done evenly all over. Muffins, tea cakes & crumpets are a breeze in this baby, toasting from corner to corner.
  • Players laying on the ground behind "the wall" for a free kick.
  • Waiting in a coffee shop to be served. 08:00 on a Sunday. One other person in front of me, one other person serving behind the jump, no one behind me. Should be in and out in 3 minutes max. But no. Of course not.

Every 30 secs the lazy arses ordering their cappuccinos and croissants from Uber Eats or Deliveroo from their sacks are pinging their orders through. Do we get served ours first, do we feck. We have to wait for the poor lad behind the counter to sort out 6 drinks, bacon baps, pain au chocs, etc. first because the driver is on the way. And then the next order is waiting. 

I love the convenience of having the coffeeshop on my doorstep, I think the staff are great and it's not their fault, but next time I see the owner we are having the discussion about looking after your regular customers first! 
    The same happens in subway, really pisses me off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:
    Stuff being left on stairs 

One of the most noxious passive aggressive moves someone in a house can make 

And it brings out the worst in me 

I will ignore stuff left on the stairs, I don't acknowledge, partake or otherwise engage in this poisonous dance of the staircase and items that clearly need to travel upstairs. Unless its too heavy to be carried upstairs by the putter and put away don't leave shit on my stairs 
    My Mrs does this... "If you see anything on the stairs when you go up, can you take it with you?" 

Obviously I do, IF I remember that is. More often than not, I do not. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Carter said:
    Stuff being left on stairs 

One of the most noxious passive aggressive moves someone in a house can make 

And it brings out the worst in me 

I will ignore stuff left on the stairs, I don't acknowledge, partake or otherwise engage in this poisonous dance of the staircase and items that clearly need to travel upstairs. Unless its too heavy to be carried upstairs by the putter and put away don't leave shit on my stairs 
    My Mrs does this... "If you see anything on the stairs when you go up, can you take it with you?" 

Obviously I do, IF I remember that is. More often than not, I do not. 
    I try to remember but it’s remarkable that stuff left by me and my wife on the stairs is never taken by her. I guess this might be men’s work.
  • limeygent said:
    Players laying on the ground behind "the wall" for a free kick.
    Well that is spooky.

I was thinking exactly the same after seeing Cedric Soares on the floor yesterday. Obviously within the rules of the game, but, for some reason, it really winds me up and looks ridiculous.
  • MrLargo said:
    We have a SMEG 4 x slice toaster and its the dogs danglies.

Two big slots that take 2 x slices in each slot. The slots are big enough to load the bread landscape or portrait and the toasting is done evenly all over. Muffins, tea cakes & crumpets are a breeze in this baby, toasting from corner to corner.
    Just googled the SMEG toasters. I only need the 2 slice version which costs £130.

Whilst I'm a bit horrified at the thought of spending that much on a toaster, if it means I can enjoy the second half of my time on this planet without suffering "toaster rage" then it's money well spent. 

If it lives up to expectations then I'll post a picture of myself eating some evenly-browned toast on the "General Things That Please You" thread.
    My review was based on the four slice, so if you buy a two slice and it’s no good don’t come asking me for a refund.
  • Who on earth would toast smeg?
  • Travel/ reusable drink cups that don't fit in the cupholders in my car...... got a cupboard full of the useless f**kers now.. raging.
  • Southeastern would say we cannot provide toast this morning due to a trespasser on the toaster.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wilma said:
    iaitch said:
    Southeastern would say we cannot provide toast this morning due to a trespasser on the toaster.
    Wrong type of bread

Crumbs on the line

An incident further along the loaf
  • Did the missus buy that line?  Asking fora. friend.
  • When you loudly get a question bang on in University Challenge.in front the of the kids and then get shot down by Jeremy Paxman "what a useless fact". As.if that wasn't true of all the questions on University Challenge ffs
  • Was that the million seconds question?
  • edited March 2021
    Yes, and I even sat smugly back and said "Akshully.. it's 11.6 days" which was then corroborated and that dashed to pieces by Paxman. 
  • Well done, I was trying to work out the seconds in a day and take it from there.
  • Same here you drag things up from the depth of your mind at times. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!