Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• edited March 2021
    McBobbin said:
    Yes, and I even sat smugly back and said "Akshully.. it's 11.6 days" which was then corroborated and that dashed to pieces by Paxman. 
    Also got the one about the 1916 Easter Rising. Even got 4 questions right on Only Connect.
  • 17 of them are under a year old ie: Lockdown dogs🤷‍♂️

• T_C_E said:
    17 of them are under a year old ie: Lockdown dogs🤷‍♂️

It's awful, I think back to when everyone seemed to have staffies a few years ago, purely as a status thing. Don't see many now, so you have to wonder how many never made it to full life expectancy.

Also, got a note from Sainsbury's the other day about a national shortage of pet food, when you consider demand has gone up about 3.2m mouths, it's no surprise.

Don't get me started about the pavement sh1t epidemic!!
  • @Super_Eddie_Youds
    The thing is these days with internet access readily available yet little or no research is done into dogs or breeders, people see an advert and go for it. 
    Bulk standard German Shepherd puppies selling for 2k upwards its wrong!
    I was asked the other day,
    "Ive been doing my research into buying a dog and was looking at the price of tinned dog food, even in the supermarket it was very expensive, how can you afford to feed 5!!!
    If that's the extent of someones research then please don't bother, I don't know anyone with one dog that feeds tinned grub as a regular diet let alone buy from the shops.
    Dog s*** left drives me mad.................... 
  • Getting to the front door, briefly cursing as at eye level there is nothing to see then starting to close the door and seeing a small brown package on the ground.
  • Getting to the front door, briefly cursing as at eye level there is nothing to see then starting to close the door and seeing a small brown package on the ground.
    Dog sh#t?
  • Squidgy pickled onions.
  • Sponsored links:

Especially at 08.20 in the morning...  :D
  • When you come up with a really funny, or spot on response to a post on Facebook or CL, and find someone has beaten you to it... 😝
  •   

The scheme will be stopped on Wednesday and the cash allocated to a separate insulation fund run by councils.

• MrWalker said:
    Getting to the front door, briefly cursing as at eye level there is nothing to see then starting to close the door and seeing a small brown package on the ground.
    Dog sh#t?
    ... in a burning paper bag.
  • edited March 2021
    MrOneLung said:

The scheme will be stopped on Wednesday and the cash allocated to a separate insulation fund run by councils.

"However, overall the amount of money earmarked for greening homes is being reduced from the £2.5bn announced with fanfare last summer. Of that, £1bn was earmarked last year for local authorities to improve homes for people on low incomes, now raised to £1.3bn. But the green homes grant was meant to disburse an additional £1.5bn, most of which remains unspent."

The government are also passing the buck to the councils whose funding they continually reduce...  
  • Having to deal with blood sucking leeches, of a equity release company after the death of my mother in law, scum, just scum.
    Especially at 08.20 in the morning...  :D
    It's been on my mind for a while now AA.  I was hoping for some kind of closure by putting it on here. :smile:
  • The Reverend Richard Cole.

Completely irrational and with no real reason. 
  • Having to deal with blood sucking leeches, of a equity release company after the death of my mother in law, scum, just scum.
    Anything you can take to the financial ombudsman?
  • iainment said:
    The Reverend Richard Cole.

Don't leave me this way.
    What's he done now?
  • Sponsored links:

• MrWalker said:
    iainment said:

Don't leave me this way.
    What's he done now?
    He’s written a book. 

My Saturday mornings have been ruined since he started presenting on Radio 4’s Saturday Live. 
  • Billy Horschel (the golfer) ,don't know about 'go in the hole ',I just want to shout' f..king hit the thing and stop pratting about. '
    I presume you are not happy with the contract she signed ? 
    Im sure there was a thread on here about equity release and someone who used to work for a company in the industry. They may be able to give you some advice. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Having to deal with blood sucking leeches, of a equity release company after the death of my mother in law, scum, just scum.
    I presume you are not happy with the contract she signed ? 
    Im sure there was a thread on here about equity release and someone who used to work for a company in the industry. They may be able to give you some advice. 
    Thanks people just venting my spleen, her husband (my father in law )singed the paper work , just found out and these people are scum, dressed up as doing you a favour! Will look into the nitty gritty but Pops was 82 when he signed.!
  • iainment said:

Hallelujah!!! You so nearly got a promote for this but I don't think they're really meant to be given out for such irreverent reasons. I'm not so sure it's irrational though, for me it's because the bloke is all over radio and tv with no apparent reason to be. I'm sick and tired of seeing his pan everywhere. I'm sure he's a pleasant guy, but the comedic value of having a vicar that's a former pop star wore thin within 5 minutes, but he still gets endless attention for it. Why, in an age when everyone should be getting 15 minutes of fame, has Coles been allowed to hog 15 years of it. 
  • Stig said:
    iainment said:

Hallelujah!!! You so nearly got a promote for this but I don't think they're really meant to be given out for such irreverent reasons. I'm not so sure it's irrational though, for me it's because the bloke is all over radio and tv with no apparent reason to be. I'm sick and tired of seeing his pan everywhere. I'm sure he's a pleasant guy, but the comedic value of having a vicar that's a former pop star wore thin within 5 minutes, but he still gets endless attention for it. Why, in an age when everyone should be getting 15 minutes of fame, has Coles been allowed to hog 15 years of it. 
    And... breathe... 
  • There's only one winner when it comes to gambling, the bookies always win.

... and If ever a saying needed proving take a look at Denise Coates chief executive of Bet365.  She was awarded £422 million pounds in 2020 - topped up with a further £48 million in dividends.  Other senior managers at Bet365 had to make do with sharing £607 million 
  • When you come up with a really funny, or spot on response to a post on Facebook or CL, and find someone has beaten you to it... 😝
    After coming up with a really funny or spot on response to a post on CL, someone posts the same thing and gets more LOLs than you.
    After coming up with a really funny or spot on response to a post on CL, someone posts the same thing and gets more LOLs than you.
    It’s a clique thing.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!