Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• There's only one winner when it comes to gambling, the bookies always win.

... and If ever a saying needed proving take a look at Denise Coates chief executive of Bet365.  She was awarded £422 million pounds in 2020 - topped up with a further £48 million in dividends.  Other senior managers at Bet365 had to make do with sharing £607 million 

Yeah, what is need is fewer successful businessmen/women/companies contributing hundreds of millions in taxes to the country and employing people. 

Makes my blood boil. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    There's only one winner when it comes to gambling, the bookies always win.

... and If ever a saying needed proving take a look at Denise Coates chief executive of Bet365.  She was awarded £422 million pounds in 2020 - topped up with a further £48 million in dividends.  Other senior managers at Bet365 had to make do with sharing £607 million 

Yeah, what is need is fewer successful businessmen/women/companies contributing hundreds of millions in taxes to the country and employing people. 

Makes my blood boil. 
    Of course but not from leeching off many people who are addicts.
  • Shut down the pubs because people can’t control their drinking

shut down the takeaways as encourages fat people to eat more 
  • edited April 2021
    I'm sure I'm in the minority here but

People still saying it's too early to ease restrictions.   TOO EARLY?????? Everything's been shut for the best part of a bloody year,  many businesses have already gome under & people haven't seen their families.  The infection rate is the lowest it's ever been & the vaccine rollout is progressing well.

Some people really do want us to be locked indoors forever!!

• MrOneLung said:
    There's only one winner when it comes to gambling, the bookies always win.

Makes my blood boil. 
    Similar thread on Betfair,poster makes this point:-

As far as i'm aware she's.......

Paid the staff throughout covid
    Paid the Stoke City staff also
    Donated £10 million to her local NHS
    Not claimed any government furlough.

Whatever your feelings towards bookmakers that's hard to criticise.
  • April Fool "jokes" - really poor attempts at humour, generally easy to spot as being fake and mostly not at all funny. Every company now puts out something ridiculous and pretends that it's true, they are just so obviously made up but people still think they are hilarious! 
  • I've nothing against success, but it seems excessive for one person to take home £470 million for a years work.  To me its profiteering, the odds are set steeply against the punter for the benefit of so few.  I mean you wouldn't pay the grocer 200 quid for half a dozen oranges.

• Then why don't punters walk away when the odds being offered are not good value?
  • iaitch said:
    Then why don't punters walk away when the odds being offered are not good value?
    I'm not a gambler myself and I don't know the answer to that I'm afraid, but I guess it's their choice.

In fact I don't have any answers, but still manage to get frustrated as to how the value of people is so mismatched to their worth in monetary terms.  Obvious example is the front line NHS staff whose value is priceless - and remember 250 gave their lives to Covid - and yet their worth to our society in payment?  Peanuts. 

On the other hand, City money brokers take home shed loads of the stuff simply because that is the commodity they work with.  My imaginary grocer friend may well have a few extra items of fruit dotted around the house, but he don't park a lorry full of the stuff outside his house just because he can.    

• I'm sure I'm in the minority here but

People still saying it's too early to ease restrictions.   TOO EARLY?????? Everything's been shut for the best part of a bloody year,  many businesses have already gome under & people haven't seen their families.  The infection rate is the lowest it's ever been & the vaccine rollout is progressing well.

"The infection rate is the lowest it's ever been" because of the restrictions. 

We have seen what happens when restrictions are lifted too early - the cycle starts again.

Please send me the e-mail address' of the people who want us to be locked indoors forever, I will happily contact them and explain logic to them too.  ;)  
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:
    Then why don't punters walk away when the odds being offered are not good value?
    I'm not a gambler myself and I don't know the answer to that I'm afraid, but I guess it's their choice.

In fact I don't have any answers, but still manage to get frustrated as to how the value of people is so mismatched to their worth in monetary terms.  Obvious example is the front line NHS staff whose value is priceless - and remember 250 gave their lives to Covid - and yet their worth to our society in payment?  Peanuts. 

On the other hand, City money brokers take home shed loads of the stuff simply because that is the commodity they work with.  My imaginary grocer friend may well have a few extra items of fruit dotted around the house, but he don't park a lorry full of the stuff outside his house just because he can.    

One of my mathematics students last year did his Internal Assessment on the value of (military) life. 
    It involved algorithms that determine the monetary value attributed to members of the military and generated indicators of, amongst other things, how much money the government should award the families of casualties and how much monetary cost is considered acceptable when deciding whether to rescue or withdraw soldiers from danger.
    Fascinating bit of work. And sorry, I don’t have any answers either. 😳
  • I've nothing against success, but it seems excessive for one person to take home £470 million for a years work.  To me its profiteering, the odds are set steeply against the punter for the benefit of so few.  I mean you wouldn't pay the grocer 200 quid for half a dozen oranges.

Yet you probably don’t think about paying 3 quid for a pint of coke in a pub that costs 3pence to produce 
  • How noisy hospital wards are 
  • Due to other people's inefficiency/stupidity and bad luck, not being able to see any football for the next week. Especially as it's probably the busiest football weekend of the year.   
  • iaitch said:
    Yeah, why don’t addicts just stop being addicts?
  • JaShea99 said:
    iaitch said:
    Yeah, why don’t addicks just stop being addicks?
    Think you had a small typo there.
  • edited April 2021
    I'm sure I'm in the minority here but

I would be surprised if this is true.
    Do you have a link for this?
    Bexley has 60 per 100,000 and last summer it was 1 per 100,000 (I think).

Bromley is around 22 per 100,000 and last summer it was definitely 1 per 100,000.
  • And guess what, it’s nit the summer it’s just turned April 
  • I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised after working from home for the best part of a year but I’ve torn the rotator cuff muscle in my right arm.

Certain movements are fucking agony and it’s affecting my sleep. Can hopefully cure it without surgery but it’s not a quick process. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:
    I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised after working from home for the best part of a year but I’ve torn the rotator cuff muscle in my right arm.

Certain movements are fucking agony and it’s affecting my sleep. Can hopefully cure it without surgery but it’s not a quick process. 
    Is that from wearing the fitbit? The day you masturbated 16km? 
    That’s what I meant about working from home for a year
  • Carter said:
    I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised after working from home for the best part of a year but I’ve torn the rotator cuff muscle in my right arm.

Wasn't sure if it was a side effect of the marathon of the last 12 months or the sprint of being left unattended for a shorter spell 
  • Carter said:
    Carter said:

Wasn't sure if it was a side effect of the marathon of the last 12 months or the sprint of being left unattended for a shorter spell 
    Long term RSI mate.
  • Carter said:
    Carter said:

Long term RSI mate.
    The straw that broke the camels back 

The one that got away 

Chasing the impossible dream of the perfect tug 

All smuttiness out of the way I didnt know what a rotator cuff was until I dived into the sea off the top of a boat a couple of years ago in Cyprus and it was horrible, same, no surgery was really practical and after about 6 months it went back to normal but still get intermittent twinges that last a day or three. Take high strength turmeric with curcumin and black pepper as well as collagen and get the most expensive CBD joint rub you can afford all of that helped me to sleep, wipe my arse and work
  • Carter said:
    Carter said:
    Carter said:

Long term RSI mate.
    The straw that broke the camels back 

The one that got away 

Chasing the impossible dream of the perfect tug 

All smuttiness out of the way I didnt know what a rotator cuff was until I dived into the sea off the top of a boat a couple of years ago in Cyprus and it was horrible, same, no surgery was really practical and after about 6 months it went back to normal but still get intermittent twinges that last a day or three. Take high strength turmeric with curcumin and black pepper as well as collagen and get the most expensive CBD joint rub you can afford all of that helped me to sleep, wipe my arse and work
    Cheers mate, have been looking at CBD rub. Seen a 50ml one that’s 800mg, how strong was the one you used? Had to laugh at the arse wiping comment, it fucking hurts doesn’t it. I do my insulin jabs in my stomach and the angle I need to get my arm at to do those are painful as well. 
  • I found one 300mg but the more potency the better with that stuff course the price goes up the more mg you add. A mate of mine sells it as well as lunatic strength super skunk and gave me a tiny phial of 1500mg oil and that was excellent but really expensive, just a tiny drop under your tongue for a couple of days and everything feels better. 

• Carter said:
    I found one 300mg but the more potency the better with that stuff course the price goes up the more mg you add. A mate of mine sells it as well as lunatic strength super skunk and gave me a tiny phial of 1500mg oil and that was excellent but really expensive, just a tiny drop under your tongue for a couple of days and everything feels better. 

Sounds like something Super Hans would say in Peep Show...  :D
  • The likes of SKY click baiting the death of Prince Philip to get views on Sky News

Have effectively used their various twitter accounts (Sky Sports Football, Sky Sports News etc.) simply saying to people to turn to Sky News for "a breaking story"

Be a bit more classy!! 
  • Arseholes that accept an offer on a house and then back out 24 hours later. ffs
  • Arseholes that accept an offer on a house and then back out 24 hours later. ffs
    You still having problems with buying / selling mate?

Swear I remember you airing your frustrations a few months ago about something similar?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!